PDA

View Full Version : This is what I call a REAL donation

andylo
16th January 2005, 11:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4518853737&category=6737&sspagename=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

amanda
17th January 2005, 11:03 AM
Wow :shock: Though I don't think much tops Michael Schumacher's $10m 8)

terryand
17th January 2005, 11:12 AM
Wow :shock: Though I don't think much tops Michael Schumacher's $10m 8)

Agreed :shock:

Terry.

marcel
17th January 2005, 12:03 PM
Risky though, the seller has a zero feedback rating.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 12:17 PM
Reward-donations are all the go these days. The end-user doesn't really 'Donate' anything, they get a car and a helluva package as a 'reward' for making the promotions company donate the money.

I was listening on the radio the other day - the concept of a 'Donation' is that it's anonymous. Obviously these days with a high-level of corporate donation, the business(es) want/deserve some sort of notoriety.

This auction also gives the promo company (and all other brand-names therein) a good amount of air-time. But it's all in a good cause so let's hope it goes well.

McMw
17th January 2005, 12:29 PM
looks like the real deal...
but I'm a bit suss of the pic of Vj and the car....Vj looks like he's been photoshopped in... :lol:

terryand
17th January 2005, 12:35 PM
but I'm a bit suss of the pic of Vj and the car....Vj looks like he's been photoshopped in... :lol:

I thought the same thing cause he looks a little short there.

But you can see his reflection on the bonnet of the car :smt102

Terry.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 01:17 PM

I am sure that's what they've done to create the image - after all if Vijay isn't eating/sleeping, then he's either practising or competing! Mind you there is a reflection on the car bonnet, so it could be legit.

I'd like to think it's the real deal through his PR company? If it's a scam it's a rather elaborate one, and i would have thought it would get pulled offline by now.

Ducky
17th January 2005, 03:58 PM
The image does look rather suspect, however, I do not doubt the integrity of the auction due to this. It could just be a bad photo, but then again there are several elements in the image that make it appear as if it has been photoshopped (his body proportions, his sight focus, and the lightsources appearing different on the car and Vijay).

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).