PDA

View Full Version : beginner looking at getting lessons

ozdevil
9th July 2009, 06:25 PM
Gday All

As i have only just started out hitting that littlle white ball around the paddocks...

I don't want to gain bad hibits as i want to be doing this for along time and not just do this on a fad...as i very much enjoy sport and most of my physical sporting days of playing cricket and rugby union etc all have gone but still have the heart to play..

so where and by who would be best to get lessons off in Melbourne in the western suburbs i am currently looking at getting lessons at either ennesbury or altona lakes but am very open to other suggestions

I dont want to travel to far as i do over 4000klms a week already in 5 days let alone do more on the weekends so heading east side of town is probably going to strech it

also what should i be looking for when choosing lessons?

I am totally new to all this and really looking for the best advice before doing self taught and realise my game could be improved and the bad habits to hard to iron out

any help would be much appreciated to put me on the right path of being a good golfer

cheers
ozdevil

Eag's
9th July 2009, 06:52 PM
Hey Ozdevil, Getting lessons from the get go is a very good idea. I wish I had of done the same when I started out. There would be some top teachers in Melbourne so I am sure some of the Vic Oz golfers could point you in the right direction.
Good luck with it all :)

ozdevil
12th July 2009, 08:39 AM
thankyou eags for replying..

virge666
12th July 2009, 05:53 PM
Golf clinics on a Sat morning is a cheap way to start..

Flowergirl
14th July 2009, 09:41 AM
Hiya Ozdevil. :mrgreen:
Lessons at the beginning of your golfing journey are a great idea. It can take a lot of time to "unlearn" all the bad habits. A good swing needs a good foundation and you have to have the correct set up for this. Most pros will be able to start you off on the right track. As long as he/she can communicate well to you you'll be on the right track. Don't try to do too much too early. Baby steps. If you get the takeaway right - then you've got a good chance of developing a good swing. The first part of the swing - to waist height - is the vital part of the swing. Work on that - perfect that- then progress to the next step.

My advice is to not get bogged down with too much advice from different sources. There are so many theories out there that can lead to a lot of confusion.
Enjoy.:smt038

ozdevil
14th July 2009, 08:41 PM
flowergirl

Thankyou very much for that advice...i do not want to go like a bull at a gate and get bad habits and you said it will take longer to iron out the bad habits then iron in new habits..

I want to get lessons as if i ask to many people i think i would be getting different opinions in what i am fter and you said it is best to get someone who can communicate well and that i can understand as well

I am looking at 5 lessons for 125 bucks at altona and $135 at eynnesbury

I am not to worried about the cost but if i can relate and understand them i will be much better off... so price is not a real issue

I do wish to continue further then the 5 lessons but i thought this is a good starting point

The legend has arrived
14th July 2009, 09:13 PM
Virge has zip idea...he thinks he does but is lost. If he did, he would be a golf pro. Virge has problems not only with his golf swing but with his head. I watch Dr.Phil and Oprah okay.

ozdevil
2nd August 2009, 10:53 PM
looking at obtaining membership at sunshine golf course and getting lessons has anyone heard any good or bad about there golf intructors there

thankyou

ozdevil

Flowergirl
3rd August 2009, 11:02 AM
Haven't heard. Good luck!!!

Fraser
18th August 2009, 10:10 PM
Ozzdevil,
be carefull buying bulk lessons off 1 person.
If you dont click then it's a doomed relationship.
I had lessons with a tosser who compared my swing to faldo's & said do this, & do that. Waste of time.
You may go through several coaches till you find one you are happy with.
Fraser :mrgreen:

Yossarian
18th August 2009, 10:49 PM
In bold no less!

adlo
18th August 2009, 10:53 PM
If I talk in bold you will take what I am saying seriously.

Otherwise, you will not.

See what I mean.

Yossarian
18th August 2009, 11:00 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/28heibn.jpg

adlo
18th August 2009, 11:03 PM
On a Mac no less

DracZ
18th August 2009, 11:30 PM
Thats one grimy lookin keyboard.

Tongueboy