PDA

View Full Version : Where are the cocky Blues now.

terryand
15th January 2005, 06:29 PM
They were 3-8 akter 5 overs now 3-30 after 10 overs chasing 267. :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Looks like there not going to climb off the second bottom rung of the ladder this game :smt046 :smt042 :smt043

Terry.

Onewood
15th January 2005, 07:01 PM
No golf for you today Tezza,so you'd thought you'd try your hand at fishing :lol:

Getting a little cocky early...I like that :wink:

terryand
15th January 2005, 07:10 PM
No golf for you today Tezza,so you'd thought you'd try your hand at fishing :lol:

Like to call it early....no sitting on the fence here :wink:

Terry.

terryand
15th January 2005, 07:10 PM

Might as well have gone fishing today the way I putted :cry:

Terry.

3oneday
15th January 2005, 07:19 PM
They were 3-8 akter 5 overs now 3-30 after 10 overs chasing 267. :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Looks like there not going to climb off the second bottom rung of the ladder this game :smt046 :smt042 :smt043

Terry.don't tell me this rubbish is on TV up there, and, that anyone other than you cares :P
:lol: :lol: :wink:

Jarro
15th January 2005, 07:24 PM
I care :wink:

.. especially when we're kicking the cocky blues fair up the date :P

3/60 after 19 overs

3oneday
15th January 2005, 07:38 PM
I care :wink: enjoy, hibernation commences for you blokes State of Origin time :P , you can run...... (well, you can, but your team can't :P )

terryand
15th January 2005, 07:39 PM

Terry.don't tell me this rubbish is on TV up there, and, that anyone other than you cares :P
:lol: :lol: :wink:

No Pete, its not on TV here...

Just here...

http://www.cricket.com.au/portal/site/cricketaustralia/template.MAXIMIZE/menuitem.4a871880c089f6ed371ae9104420a2a0/?javax.portlet.tpst=cc55f0f1f810f0993d3afb1025d62d bc_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_cc55f0f1f810f0993d3afb1025d62dbc _matchId=ef7f980a-27da-4537-b942-66b72e9d55d5&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=token&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=token81258a642f57&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=token&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=tokenjavax.portlet.tpst= cc55f0f1f810f0993d3afb1025d62dbc_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_cc55f0f1f810f0993d3afb1025d62dbc _matchId=0e345753-598b-40da-afca-81258a642f57&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=token&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=tokenjavax.portlet.tpst= cc55f0f1f810f0993d3afb1025d62dbc_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_cc55f0f1f810f0993d3afb1025d62dbc _matchId=3ad3b14d-b4e0-4024-ad0a-85d208225cf0&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=token&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=token

Wow... thank God for cut n paste...

Terry.

3oneday
15th January 2005, 07:41 PM
I've only heard of 2 of the NSW top 6, maybe they went fishing ?? :P be more important.... :lol: Pacman is doing well ?!?!?!

Jarro
15th January 2005, 08:07 PM
how good a game is Andy Bichel having :shock:

62 runs from 64 balls with the bat

8 overs.. 2 maidens .. 2/11 with the ball.

what a champion.

terryand
15th January 2005, 08:41 PM
Ouch...All out 146...Another bonus point and the final all but at the Gabba =D> =D> =D>

Terry.

Jarro
15th January 2005, 08:54 PM
that was waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too easy :roll:

terryand
15th January 2005, 09:00 PM
that was waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too easy :roll:

Yep...Bring on the VICS...although they got done last night too :oops:

Although as we all very well know... the VICS are all talk :wink:

Terry.

Onewood
15th January 2005, 09:43 PM
Sorry, too much bullshit going on in this thread so I've had to LOCK it down........

Fishman Dan
15th January 2005, 09:58 PM

Terry.

Where are the cocky Blues now?

Last i saw, The Australian XI... :wink: :lol:

Haddin was out for this match, and MacGill was captain? Was Haddin injured or sitting out because of Australia A games? Same goes for Dom Thornely - 2 batsmen out of that lineup.

Ducky
16th January 2005, 03:51 AM
It's quite obvious they let QLD win...

:wink:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
16th January 2005, 05:15 AM

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

.. spoken like a true NewSouthWelshman Ducky :roll: :P

AndyP
16th January 2005, 08:34 AM
Yep...Bring on the VICS...although they got done last night too :oops:

Although as we all very well know... the VICS are all talk :wink:
Big talk considering Qld already got beaten by them at home. :-s

Was Haddin injured or sitting out because of Australia A games?
Haddin is replacing Gilchrist against the Pakis today. I don't think he is that good, and won't be Gilchrist's replacement when he retires.
The young fellas coming through just aren't ready yet.

Shows NSWelshmen's stupidity then. :P

Onewood
16th January 2005, 09:01 AM
I'm so happy for Mitchell :wink: Mitch being a QLDer and all :D go you QLDers :lol: :lol:

terryand
16th January 2005, 09:02 AM

Terry.

Where are the cocky Blues now?

Last i saw, The Australian XI... :wink: :lol:

Haddin was out for this match, and MacGill was captain? Was Haddin injured or sitting out because of Australia A games? Same goes for Dom Thornely - 2 batsmen out of that lineup.

I believe Qld was missing the worlds best allrounder aswell, not to mention Waston and also that fella that is keeping Lee out of the test side :-k

Terry.

AndyP
16th January 2005, 09:09 AM
I believe Qld was missing the worlds best allrounder aswell, not to mention Waston and also that fella that is keeping Lee out of the test side :-k
I cannot believe that you just referred to Symonds as the world's best allrounder. :shock:
He's a great test player too. :roll:
Fishy, would you like to add anything?

terryand
16th January 2005, 09:21 AM
I cannot believe that you just referred to Symonds as the world's best allrounder. :shock:

Wow... there biting early today \:D/ didn't have to wait long today :lol:

Seriously thou..show me a better one day allrounder in Oz...playing ATM.

I honestly believe there is not a better fieldsman in the world ATM...and that can turn and win a match :wink:

The best in the world for mine ATM (bat and ball) would have to be Kallis.
Terry.

AndyP
16th January 2005, 09:29 AM
Watson, Hogg, Harvey, White, McGrath. :lol: Bichel. ;)
Sorry, but Symonds batting is ordinary at the moment, and he doesn't do anything special with the ball. He really needs to find some form, as I wouldn't pick a guy based on his great fielding.

He is batting fantastically at the moment, but I have never really rated him as a bowler. Not sure what his bowling stats are. :?

terryand
16th January 2005, 11:41 AM
Watson, Hogg, Harvey, White, McGrath. :lol: Bichel. ;)
Sorry, but Symonds batting is ordinary at the moment, and he doesn't do anything special with the ball. He really needs to find some form, as I wouldn't pick a guy based on his great fielding.

He is batting fantastically at the moment, but I have never really rated him as a bowler. Not sure what his bowling stats are. :?

Harvey...What a joke....How many chances did this guy get to just keep failing :?

Terry.

Fishman Dan
16th January 2005, 01:14 PM

You know my feelings about Symonds - let's just say the luckiest bloke in the world to get to hang around top cricketers. Harvey is the only player more overrated than Symonds.

Finished golf today to hear Afridi take apart the aussie bowlers, but it has to be asked (as the ABC commentators were questioning) - why wasn't Kaspa used to bowl his 10th over?! Ponting must get a game plan in his head, and nothing - not even the flow of the game - will change it. :roll:

Jarro
16th January 2005, 01:23 PM
Finished golf today to hear Afridi take apart the aussie bowlers, but it has to be asked (as the ABC commentators were questioning) - why wasn't Kaspa used to bowl his 10th over?!

i wondered that too, especially after McGrath went for soooooo many :roll: i hope there's no talk of him being dropped after that over :wink:

game on though, this will test the Aussies out ... nice big total to chase 8)

Ducky
16th January 2005, 04:15 PM
Wow, a great innings from Australia's (and Queensland's) best all-rounder Andrew Symonds with a big 0!

:roll:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

terryand
16th January 2005, 04:20 PM
Wow, a great innings from Australia's (and Queensland's) best all-rounder Andrew Symonds with a big 0!

:roll:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jeez that didn't take ya long :shock:

Not too many would have keep that ball out, let alone some one new t the crease

Give the bowlers some credit... they are moving the ball all over the place after the rain.

Even Martyn the sides form batsman got done by a jaffa that moved a mile :wink:

Bit off tall poppy going on here I think :oops:

Terry.

Ducky
16th January 2005, 05:04 PM
Oh well, it was a good game. I wanted to see Lehman get his 50, so I was disappointed to see him fall short at 49. Good to see him back in form to an extent though.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

3oneday
16th January 2005, 05:05 PM
Haddin is replacing Gilchrist against the Pakis today. I don't think he is that good, and won't be Gilchrist's replacement when he retires.sorry, couldn't pass this opportunity up....

Three 4's by Haddin gets Australia home !!!!!!

Almost as good as your "Damien Martyn should be sacked" call :P, you got the knack :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
16th January 2005, 05:08 PM
Haddin is replacing Gilchrist against the Pakis today. I don't think he is that good, and won't be Gilchrist's replacement when he retires.sorry, couldn't pass this opportunity up....

Almost as good as your "Damien Martyn should be sacked" call :P, you got the knack :wink:

nice pickup PeteHo :wink:

AndyP won't like that .. he hates it when he's wrong :P

pretty cruisy win to the Aussies in the end. I was kinda hoping the Pakis might have pushed them a bit harder when it really came to the crunch .... just to make the series a bit more interesting 8)

3oneday
16th January 2005, 05:11 PM
If anyone is gunna make a game lose is lustre, the Pakis are the ones. Historically, they don't come up for the big occasion. They did it the other night in the 20/20 game, the previous world cup final etc etc....

Pete

Jarro
16th January 2005, 05:19 PM
i have to say i don't really rate Inzamum as a captain ... pretty un-inspiring type of player :roll:

.. maybe they should look at putting Youhanna back as skipper for the next couple of matches.... see if it gives the guys a lift :?

Fishman Dan
16th January 2005, 05:23 PM

Give the bowlers some credit... they are moving the ball all over the place after the rain.

Terry.

:smt081 :smt082 :smt044 :smt043

Tex - do you believe absolutely everything you write? ;)

Jarro
16th January 2005, 05:26 PM

Terry.

go easy Fishy ....... we got nuthin :(

Fishman Dan
16th January 2005, 05:43 PM
i have to say i don't really rate Inzamum as a captain ... pretty un-inspiring type of player :roll:

.. maybe they should look at putting Youhanna back as skipper for the next couple of matches.... see if it gives the guys a lift :?

Inzi scored a great 70-odd at better than a run a ball, whereas Youhana threw away his wicket with a terrible shot. That partnership could have built a better foundation. It's just lucky that Afridi chose today for his innings of the season.

Jarro
16th January 2005, 05:54 PM
.. apart from today, when was the last time you saw him make any runs :?: :?

i mean, even when he fields ... do you ever see him really "get dirty" for the team .. he just never seems to have his heart in it :?

He looks a very reluctant captain to me.

terryand
16th January 2005, 06:05 PM

Terry.

go easy Fishy ....... we got nuthin :(

Every word Fishy,every word [-X

Terry.

Fishman Dan
16th January 2005, 08:06 PM

i mean, even when he fields ... do you ever see him really "get dirty" for the team .. he just never seems to have his heart in it :?

You can't exert yourself too much after sending the pie cart home empty :D

Jarro
16th January 2005, 08:15 PM

You can't exert yourself too much after sending the pie cart home empty :D

looks like he might be a few pies short of the cart too :roll:

Onewood
16th January 2005, 08:34 PM
Why didn’t Brad Haddin, have a number or a name on his shirt.
I think it’s a slur on the player and a black mark against the Australian cricket team administrators
Aren’t all these guys contracted and therefore should have a uniform for both codes, regardless of whether they get a game or not. They knew at least three days ago that he was going to be playing and they couldn’t even organise for an embroiderer to write a name and number on a shirt.

All in all a bloody disgrace :evil:

AndyP
17th January 2005, 08:22 AM

Sorry, it appears that I have missed your point. :?
Are you saying that he saved Australia from certain doom and played a match winning innings? I never said he was a hack, he's just very inconsistent.

I believe that Seccombe should be rewarded for being the best gloveman in the country, and get the spot when Gilchrist is injured/rested. This also would give Hartley a game at state level.

And he should have been sacked, regardless of his current form. There was nothing wrong with the call at the time. [-(

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 08:42 AM
I believe that Seccombe should be rewarded for being the best gloveman in the country, and get the spot when Gilchrist is injured/rested. This also would give Hartley a game at state level.

And John Wood deserves the Gold Logie for being nominated the last 27 years for no result :roll:

That's a brave statement AP - sadly the Aust XI is picked on talent ;)

AndyP
17th January 2005, 09:32 AM
And John Wood deserves the Gold Logie for being nominated the last 27 years for no result :roll:

That's a brave statement AP
Damn it, he was great in Rafferty's Rules. :x

But on consideration, it is a brave statement. Although he was the backup keeper for the last Ashes tour, I thought he had played one one-dayer (but he hasn't). And I was thinking more of the form he showed with the bat last season, to go with his excellent glove work.
Might be a bit hard to put him in the current Australian side, while they have passengers. ;)

Seems a shame to have Chris Hartley who has been talked about as a future Australian keeper, playing grade cricket every week.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 09:47 AM
Haddin's had a good run so far, he's a great striker of the ball and brilliant to watch when he's "on". I'm not sure about his selection as the Australia A captain, though i never knew Cam White was on 21! He's surely to take up that role in the next 12-24 months, unless he's in the Australian squad!

terryand
17th January 2005, 10:10 AM
Haddin's had a good run so far, he's a great striker of the ball and brilliant to watch when he's "on". I'm not sure about his selection as the Australia A captain, though i never knew Cam White was on 21! He's surely to take up that role in the next 12-24 months, unless he's in the Australian squad!

And you won't give Simmo the same consideration...very narrow minded Fishy

What! Simmo's not good to wath when hes on :smt102

His average is 36...Only 5 runs behind the likes of Ponting,Martyn,Lehmann.Hayden and Clarke :roll:

How about this one though...Gillys average is 35 :shock:

So under the circumstances of him coming in late in the innings and chasing runs, I think the numbers stack up pretty good in his favor :wink:

Terry.

AndyP
17th January 2005, 10:19 AM

His average is 36...Only 5 runs behind the likes of Ponting,Martyn,Lehmann.Hayden and Clarke :roll:
4 ducks in his last 5 innings. :shock: :shock:

terryand
17th January 2005, 10:23 AM

Just goes to show what high reguard the powers to be put on his fielding and bowling 8) 8)

Terry.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 10:37 AM

Just goes to show what high reguard the powers to be put on his fielding and bowling 8) 8)

Terry.

Tez - when he's on he's great to watch, although he still looks like a clown with that fuzzy hair and zinc lips :? But the fact is that he's not on, doesn't look like being on, and hasn't been on since that World Cup Semi against the Paki's.

Easily one of the, if not THE best 1 day batting performance i've seen, but that's all past-tense now, and he hasn't kicked on.

As for the Powers That Be - they also have Watson in the line up regularly. I think we need to introduce drug testing for selectors.

AndyP
17th January 2005, 10:44 AM

Last 5 matches: 3/182 @ 60.66. 4.78 runs/over.
That leaves fielding. ;)

Fishy, he actually has had several good scores since the World Cup, it's just that when they don't televise them on free-to-air, we tend not to notice them as much. But he is in a big form slump now.

terryand
17th January 2005, 10:51 AM

Last 5 matches: 3/182 @ 60.66. 4.78 runs/over.
That leaves fielding. ;)

Fishy, he actually has had several good scores since the World Cup, it's just that when they don't televise them on free-to-air, we tend not to notice them as much. But he is in a big form slump now.

Under 5 runs/over is aceptable for an allrounder.

What about these gun bowlers figures from yesterday.

McGrath 10 2 54 2 :oops:
Lee 10 0 66 1 :oops:

Terry.

terryand
17th January 2005, 10:56 AM
Or how about you look at the big picture here and not just stats that back up your side of the agument :?

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/AUS/ODI_AVS_BOWL_AUS.html

Pretty well on par with the rest of the current side..

Only .14 an over worst then Lee :smt102

Terry.[/url]

AndyP
17th January 2005, 11:04 AM
Or how about you look at the big picture here and not just stats that back up your side of the agument :?

Where's the value in looking at career stats? You can't get selected because you scored well several years ago.
Recent stats are better for seeing where a player is at.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 11:13 AM
What about these gun bowlers figures from yesterday.

McGrath 10 2 54 2 :oops:
Lee 10 0 66 1 :oops:

Terry.

As we said (and agreed on? ;)) yesterday, Kaspa should have at least been allowed to bowl his 10th over, but when Afridi goes nana's like that, someone's going to cop it - in this case it was McGrath and Lee. Got to say, 6's over Cover-point are a sign of a dialled in batsman :shock:

Sadly Ponting couldn't see that an Afridi prefers the ball coming onto the bat - he should have given the ball to Symonds, Lehmann, Marytn to hopefully 'buy' his wicket. It remains to be seen whether Kaspa could have come in for the same punishment.

terryand
17th January 2005, 11:28 AM

Where's the value in looking at career stats? You can't get selected because you scored well several years ago.
Recent stats are more valuable for seeing where a player is at.

Have a look at his recent form in the ING Cup leading up to this series,3 or 4 70+'s and a quick fire 44 off 30 odd balls to secure a double bonus point....twice now :shock:
62 not out off 35...2/01/05.......3/45 off 10
77 off 77...19/11/04................0/35 off 6
44 not out off 32...7/11/04.......1/44 off 10
73 off 72...23/10/04............... 1/45 of 10
71 off 66...10/10/04............... 1/61 off 10 :oops:

So you can't say his recent form is not good :?

This as good if not better than anyone ATM in the ING Cup =D>

I don't know what more the guy has to do to keep you lot happy :smt102

So on yesterday's form, lee should be dropped for going for over 6 an over....and its not the first time :oops:

Terry.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 12:20 PM
I don't know what more the guy has to do to keep you lot happy

Perform consistently at the top level ;)

And get a haircut while he's at it :lol:

AndyP
17th January 2005, 12:23 PM
Start playing consistently well for Australia would be a good start.

There are several players that are very good at the domestic level, but are unable to make it at the next.
This was the case for Hayden, when he first came on the international scene. How much does Elliot dominate the Pura Cup, but is unable to play well internationally?

So I'm not sure how relevant his ING Cup form with the bat is, when he is scoring ducks for Australia.

We will just have to agree to disagree. The best result will be for him to find some confidence and start scoring some bloody runs.

terryand
17th January 2005, 12:45 PM
Start playing consistently well for Australia would be a good start.

There are several players that are very good at the domestic level, but are unable to make it at the next.
This was the case for Hayden, when he first came on the international scene. How much does Elliot dominate the Pura Cup, but is unable to play well internationally?

So I'm not sure how relevant his ING Cup form with the bat is, when he is scoring ducks for Australia.

We will just have to agree to disagree. The best result will be for him to find some confidence and start scoring some bloody runs.

So then who do you replace him with then :smt102

Terry.

AndyP
17th January 2005, 01:00 PM
Yesterday's side:
Clarke
Katich
Ponting
Martyn
Lehmann
Symonds
Haddin
Hogg
Lee
Kasprowicz
McGrath

Those in squad, not in side:
Gillespie
Gilchrist (to replace Haddin)
Watson
Hayden
I think it is a 14 man squad. :?

There are replacement options within the squad, and then there are those waiting for a call:
White
D. Hussey
M. Hussey
I'm sure there are others, but these guys performed in the Aus A games.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 01:03 PM
What about Warne? :D

I'm on the Cam White bandwagon, he should have been earmarked for international games this year. Perhaps the selectors are keeping him in cotton-wool.

Dominic Thornely will also play a part in the one day team atleast in the future.

AndyP
17th January 2005, 01:06 PM
I'm on the Cam White bandwagon, he should have been earmarked for international games this year. Perhaps the selectors are keeping him in cotton-wool.
Me too, but I didn't want to look like a biased Victorian. ;)

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 01:13 PM
Me too, but I didn't want to look like a biased Victorian. ;)

You're relentless backing of Shane Crawford has already done that :D

terryand
17th January 2005, 03:53 PM
Yesterday's side:
Clarke
Katich
Ponting
Martyn
Lehmann
Symonds
Haddin
Hogg
Lee
Kasprowicz
McGrath

Those in squad, not in side:
Gillespie
Gilchrist (to replace Haddin)
Watson
Hayden
I think it is a 14 man squad. :?

There are replacement options within the squad, and then there are those waiting for a call:
White
D. Hussey
M. Hussey
I'm sure there are others, but these guys performed in the Aus A games.

Why try to blood another player,when you have some one that you know can perform already in the team.

Just cause he's out of abit of nick ATM....I think he has another 6 months of not performimg with the bat(his fielding will keep him in the side for that long),going by how long they gave Tubby and Waugh to find form :wink:

I was talking about replacing him with another allrounder.

I like the look of Cam White too as an allrounder, but I don't think they will play him along side Hogg.But the question will be can he handle and preform at the next level :?:

They never seem to keen to play 2 specialist spinners in the one day side,can't remember how many times Warne and Hogg played in the same team.

Terry.

Jarro
17th January 2005, 03:58 PM
Symonds will be in the side for a while yet.

The guy has too much talent to be tossed aside like an old has-been ... he still fields and bowls well, it's only a matter of time before he clicks with the bat again :wink:

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 04:00 PM
They never seem to keen to play 2 specialist spinners in the one day side,can't remember how many times Warne and Hogg played in the same team.

Only a couple, either in the last world cup or the ICC Champions Trophy.

What about MacGill? Surely he rates a mention? A) He's a good wicket-taking bowler, and B) He's from NSW.

Anyone?

AndyP
17th January 2005, 04:05 PM
Just cause he's out of abit of nick ATM....I think he has another 6 months of not performimg with the bat(his fielding will keep him in the side for that long),going by how long they gave Tubby and Waugh to find form :wink:
Therein lies the problem. How long do you hang on to players when they are struggling? The current selection policy seems to be too long.

You are right, Fishy. I forgot about MacGill's all-round cricket abilities. :neutral:

Jarro
17th January 2005, 04:11 PM
as far as being a good cricketer goes, MacGill would make a great umpire :roll:

terryand
17th January 2005, 04:37 PM
Therein lies the problem. How long do you hang on to players when they are struggling? The current selection policy seems to be too long.

You are right, Fishy. I forgot about MacGill's all-round cricket abilities. :neutral:

Well in that cause it speaks volumes how much they rate his fielding then.

Didn't South Africa keep Jonty around for his fielding well after his use by date with the bat was up :wink: and I'm not saying Simmo's use by date with the bat is up either :?

If he is batting 6,7 or 8(and I think he has spent most of his time at 7 or 8), 8 or 9 times out of 10 he probably won't bat (which his record supports..106 games,innings 81). So time in the middle can be limited to get into nick.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 05:13 PM
Didn't South Africa keep Jonty around for his fielding well after his use by date with the bat was up :wink: and I'm not saying Simmo's use by date with the bat is up either :?

I think Jonty's performances increased at the latter end of his career? Especially because he was concentrating on ODI's and had ditched test cricket. Much like Border and Waugh, when the end was imminent, these players were still a cut above the rest.

So time in the middle can be limited to get into nick.

So drop him to QLD and let him open or come in at number 3. Coming in at 6+ for Australia in the 40th+ innings isn't really going to help by your logic ;)

terryand
17th January 2005, 05:29 PM

I think Jonty's performances increased at the latter end of his career? Especially because he was concentrating on ODI's and had ditched test cricket. Much like Border and Waugh, when the end was imminent, these players were still a cut above the rest.

So time in the middle can be limited to get into nick.

So drop him to QLD and let him open or come in at number 3. Coming in at 6+ for Australia in the 40th+ innings isn't really going to help by your logic ;)

Theres no logic to it when you come in after the 40th over :-k

Its take 1 or 2 balls to get your eye in then go like hell :smt096

If you get a jaffa of a ball like he did yesterday...bad luck...it only cut back about 8 or 10 inches...Martyn got one just like it and he couldn't keep it out in the form he's in :smt103

Terry.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 05:40 PM
If you get a jaffa of a ball like he did yesterday...bad luck...

The only thing 'jaffa' about it was that Symond's is see'ing 'em like marbles. Crikey Tex, he played across the line at a ball that hit middle stump. Any junior grade cricket book will tell you there's no future in that.

Bring in Haddin just for batting, there's your Super Team for '05 ;)

terryand
17th January 2005, 08:26 PM
If you get a jaffa of a ball like he did yesterday...bad luck...

The only thing 'jaffa' about it was that Symond's is see'ing 'em like marbles. Crikey Tex, he played across the line at a ball that hit middle stump. Any junior grade cricket book will tell you there's no future in that.

Bring in Haddin just for batting, there's your Super Team for '05 ;) :smt046 :smt043 :smt046 :smt043 :smt046 :smt043

Australia
8 games...8 innings...126 runs...32 HS...15.75 average...69.61 SR

Australia A
13/1/05...2 runs
12/1/05...129 runs
9/1/05...4 runs
8/1/05...6 runs

One score in 12 innings...Yep thats runs on the board, thats a call for a change :wink:

Like the old saying goes Fishy...Better the devil you know :twisted:

Haddin is a keeper that has had a bit of luck with the bat at state level :?

If you want him in the team so bad, you would bring him in to keep and let Gilly just bat. But then one of them is taking up the spot of a bowler(allrounder) :smt102

Terry.

Fishman Dan
17th January 2005, 09:31 PM
I was just trying to make you smile Tex, no need for statistics ;) :lol:

Jarro
18th January 2005, 03:16 AM
I was just trying to make you smile Tex, no need for statistics ;) :lol:

don't get him started on the stats Fishy ..... he's got a million of 'em :)

terryand
18th January 2005, 03:39 PM
Bloody hell :evil: I give Simmo no chance of scoring any runs this series :cry: after the raps I have been giving him :?

After the good form Kallis has been in,I give him a good rap in this thread and he gets a first baller :oops:

Got Lou Richards covered for the king of the KISS OF DEATH :wink:

Terry.

AndyP
18th January 2005, 03:45 PM
Bloody hell :evil: I give Simmo no chance of scoring any runs this series :cry: after the raps I have been giving him :?
You mean he can actually do worse than what he already is? :shock: :P

Jarro
18th January 2005, 03:50 PM
i'm going to love quoting the above post when Symonds makes a big score this series :roll: :lol:

terryand
18th January 2005, 03:56 PM
You mean he can actually do worse than what he already is? :shock: :P

Well I was hoping that he would get at least one good score or win a match single handedly, so I could rub your's and Fishy's nose in it :smt104

But after giving Kallis a rap and then the very next innings he gets a first baller, especially after the form he has been in, has me a bit worried.

We'll just have to see if I have the true Lou Richards touch :wink:

I might have to see if I really have these powers and use them for good and not evil :twisted:

At the next big Ozgolf that AP is playing in I'll give him a good ol talking up for a couple of days before hand.....AP you are playing Logan aren't you :twisted:

Terry.
Terry.

terryand
21st January 2005, 11:23 PM
All hail the new Lou Richards http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

Well I have certainly put the KISS OF DEATH on Symonds after this week #-o

Lets try something else :-k

Symonds is the worst cricketer I have ever seen and should be dropped for the rest of the series http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/images/smilies/slap.gif

AndyP is playing the best golf I have ever seen and will win at Logan(not sure about at City) and I will come dead last at Logan, cause I got NUTHIN http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbsdown.gif

Terry.

Jarro
22nd January 2005, 03:12 AM

nice try Tezza :wink:

Onewood
22nd January 2005, 06:36 AM
Symonds is the worst cricketer I have ever seen and should be dropped for the rest of the series http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/images/smilies/slap.gif
Terry.

Thats what we've been sayyyyyiiiinnnngggggg :roll: :D

AndyP
24th January 2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah, you triggered Symonds form slump. :roll:

Jarro
24th January 2005, 11:22 AM
i see none other than Greg Chappell has gone on record as saying Symonds should be sent back to the ING cup to get a bit of form back on the board before the ODI finals start.

probably not a bad idea given his current form, he'd go back and smash some big scores, then be ready for the one-sided finals when they come around :roll:

Fishman Dan
24th January 2005, 11:28 AM
probably not a bad idea given his current form, he'd go back and smash some big scores, then be ready for the one-sided finals when they come around :roll:

And you know they'll be one-sided because Michael Clarke will be on tour and/or making 100's with the big boys :lol:

Well, 97's atleast :roll:

Jarro
24th January 2005, 11:43 AM

And you know they'll be one-sided because Michael Clarke will be on tour and/or making 100's with the big boys :lol:

Well, 97's atleast :roll:

i actually meant the ODI finals.

I still think they'll have Symonds in the side for them.

QLD doesn't need him back to win :wink:

Fishman Dan
24th January 2005, 11:47 AM
I still think they'll have Symonds in the side for them

Unfortunately while Ponting is captain, we'll see more of Symond's, and worse still, Shane Watson.

What is it with this bloke - he beats the edge once in his life, and he carries on like a pork chop - looks to the heavens, stares down a batsmen, mutters some words. Might be ok if his next ball isn't cracked through the covers for 4!

I knew a bloke at school called Shane Watson... he was a w@nker too. :roll:

Ducky
24th January 2005, 12:46 PM
What is it with this bloke - he beats the edge once in his life, and he carries on like a pork chop - looks to the heavens, stares down a batsmen, mutters some words. Might be ok if his next ball isn't cracked through the covers for 4!
Haha, classic.

:lol:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Fishman Dan
27th January 2005, 03:42 PM
So... anyone got anything to add about Australia's most versatile All-Rounder?

Unbeaten 40-odd in a 80-odd run stand, and 4 great wickets (2 openers + Lara) to ensure victory. Quality stuff.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

AndyP
27th January 2005, 03:59 PM
So... anyone got anything to add about Australia's most versatile All-Rounder?

Unbeaten 40-odd in a 80-odd run stand, and 4 great wickets (2 openers + Lara) to ensure victory. Quality stuff.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
One match wonder. :razz:

How good was that six over cover? :shock:

Fishman Dan
27th January 2005, 04:13 PM
Fish,
How about when Lee fielded of his own bowling, and had a shot at the stumps at the batsmans end. He almost hit the batsman then apologised..

Yep, that's in the list of "Things I never want to see in cricket again" along with that gay little heel click he did recently.

As for terrorising batsmen, he did bowl some rip-snorter short balls late in the piece too, couple of them nearly collecting one of the Windie tail-enders.

terryand
31st January 2005, 08:31 PM
Read it and weep all you knockers....

What more can I say :smt102

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12109489-23210,00.html

Maybe you can give the guy some credit now,or maybe just all the cricket gurus don't know what they are going in about.

Well done Champ...I tip my hat to you =D>

Terry.

Onewood
31st January 2005, 09:32 PM
Just goes to show the Umpires in all forms of sport get it wrong :roll:

terryand
31st January 2005, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah,by the way Jaun, it is choosen by the players and media aswell :wink:

http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/PICTURES/DB/012005/057966.jpg

Terry.

3oneday
31st January 2005, 10:02 PM
and without having done anything since September, not bad.

How much would have that other Qlder won by, if they had of picked him instead of Lee ??? :? :?

Pete

Ducky
31st January 2005, 10:08 PM
I am pretty sure they presented him with the ODI award to make the selectors job a tad easier and give him the opportunity to leave cricket on a good note and focus his 'talents' on football instead.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
1st February 2005, 04:48 AM
well done Andrew Symonds =D>

Onewood
1st February 2005, 06:24 AM
Oh yeah,by the way Jaun, it is choosen by the players and media aswell :wink:
Terry.

That seems strange :? how can so many of them got it bloody wrong :D

Symonds is good to watch when he's in form but hey he needs to find some form quick :roll:

Clarke has a morgage on all the awards this year :D well as soon as they drop this Matt the Bat guy anyway :lol:

3oneday
1st February 2005, 07:01 AM
So, where are the cocky Qlders now ??

Best cricketer in Australia is frommmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P :P :P :P :P :P

NSWNSWNSWNSWNSWNSWNSWNSWNSW

Fishman Dan
1st February 2005, 07:54 AM
No one remember the best pyjama cricketer anyway.

Anyone able to post last years Best One Day Cricketer? Didn't think so...

Put it this way - The Future of Australian Cricket certainly looks BRIGHT!

AndyP
1st February 2005, 09:33 AM
Re Symonds
Maybe you can give the guy some credit now,or maybe just all the cricket gurus don't know what they are going in about.
I'm confused. I thought we were talking about his crappy recent form, not a few good performances at the start of last year. :? :roll:

------------

I don't know how Martyn didn't win the medal. :smt102

Can anyone understand why they could not wait until the end of this one-day series to have the presentations? Seems pretty stupid.

3oneday
1st February 2005, 09:44 AM
Can anyone understand why they could not wait until the end of this one-day series to have the presentations? Seems pretty stupid.pretty sure it's a calender year thing.

AndyP
1st February 2005, 09:45 AM
Can anyone understand why they could not wait until the end of this one-day series to have the presentations? Seems pretty stupid.pretty sure it's a calender year thing.
Can't be. The Sydney New Year's Test counted.
I didn't see the pyjama cricket award to see what match they did up to.

3oneday
1st February 2005, 10:20 AM
Can't be. The Sydney New Year's Test counted.
I didn't see the pyjama cricket award to see what match they did up to.match 5 I think, or the Aussies 5th match, maybe an AB Calender year thing ??? :lol: ,a Duckworth Lewis calender year thing ?? :P :lol:

Pete

drunken
1st February 2005, 03:45 PM
Or you could just go straight to it...

http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,10149,23489-1,00.html

Fishman Dan
1st February 2005, 03:48 PM
Another pic from the Galah night !

http://www.rosswatson.com.au/pics/nice_couple.jpg

It's a complete aviary - a mix of stunning looking birds among the galah's... :roll:

3oneday
1st February 2005, 04:17 PM
Another pic from the Galah night !

http://www.rosswatson.com.au/pics/nice_couple.jpg

It's a complete aviary - a mix of stunning looking birds among the galah's... :roll:The one on the left is incredibly stunningly ummmm, mmm, crikeys, not bad....

amanda
1st February 2005, 04:23 PM
It's a complete aviary - a mix of stunning looking birds among the galah's... :roll:The one on the left is incredibly stunningly ummmm, mmm, crikeys, not bad....
Um - Pete - I have a feeling the one on the left has breast cups in her dress - they exhibit a distinct horizontal line 8)

My picks for best dressed partner go to Liz Kemp (Brett Lee) - stunning green dress and not too much clevage (too much clevage is so 2004!) and Gillespies wife Anna - stunning in black - classic style and she won't look back on the pics in 10 years time and cringe!

Ducky
1st February 2005, 04:45 PM
http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/hitit/139047_34_full.jpg

McMw
1st February 2005, 05:30 PM
the one on the left looks like she's Paris Hilton's long lost sister.... :roll:

McMw
1st February 2005, 05:55 PM
damn..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ducky
1st February 2005, 05:56 PM
By the way, I hope the babes aren't distracting you all from the main point of the post... the hand holding...
Holy crap! What is going on there?

:shock:

Sounds like a bit of Trung and Onewood revisited...

:lol:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Trung
1st February 2005, 06:28 PM
Ducky :smt108 :smt116 :smt108

Jarro
1st February 2005, 06:32 PM
looks to me like when the heats on, and the flash bulbs are poppin .....

.. Brett Lee goes with what he knows best :roll:

McMw
1st February 2005, 11:37 PM
man....looks like the top hand has been photoshoped in.... :wink:

goughy
2nd February 2005, 07:27 AM
Someones been having fun with the editing software??? :P