PDA

View Full Version : Titleist 585H hybrid 19* or 21*

backintheswing
8th July 2009, 04:06 PM
Thinking of getting one of these. I used a G5 19* hybrid previously and found it to be a hook machine, so I gave it away. I play off 4 and like something that is not closed at address. What is the 585H like?

kwantfm
8th July 2009, 04:21 PM
Great club. Sits beautifully, very neutral, solid sound/feel. I settled on the 909H but the 585H is just as good and heaps cheaper. I've seen some go on eBay new for ridiculously low amounts (like USD 60-70).

T

TheBoz_fromOz
8th July 2009, 06:00 PM
I have a couple of 585H's and they are very solid, Boz.

BrisVegas
8th July 2009, 09:42 PM
I've had a couple. They're very solid, but also pretty unforgiving. If you're a 4 hcap you can probably handle one just fine. I'd go for one with a DG steel or the 104gram UST V2 shaft if you want it to play like a long iron.

Given how bad my ballstriking has been of late, I'm getting better results from my Cobra Baffler. It's noticeably easier to hit. I know sometimes when I half flub one or catch it a bit squirrely, it never ceases to amaze me that it still goes high and straight and doesn't lose much carry. With my 585h's those shots would get the result they deserve...

TheTrueReview
8th July 2009, 10:28 PM

Given how bad my ballstriking has been of late, I'm getting better results from my Cobra Baffler. It's noticeably easier to hit. I know sometimes when I half flub one or catch it a bit squirrely, it never ceases to amaze me that it still goes high and straight and doesn't lose much carry. ....

I think you're on the right track with the Baffler. There's big wraps on both the Baffler & the G10 hybrid for ease of hitting & consistent results. I'm not a Ping guy (generally steer away from the brand) but I hit a G10 in the nets at Drummond's last week & was very impressed.

goonie
8th July 2009, 10:44 PM
I had a 17" with a DG s300 and it was a hook machine for me, the 909H s meant to be less left biased. I now have 2 G10s, 18* V2HL and 21* Z-Z65. both going well.