PDA

View Full Version : ebay tips

beanbag
7th July 2009, 12:12 PM
just signed up to the bay( welcome to the 21st century ) but not having used before would like to find out other peoples tips to getting started,
selling mostly golf clubs that i have collected over the last cuople of years , also will be offering here in the pro shop before i put them on the bay
any help would be great
cheers 8)

oldmannoodles
7th July 2009, 12:44 PM
Good close-up photos (and plenty of them) are crucial. Always be honest and upfront in your listing pointing out any flaws or dings. Answer questions promptly. Don't shaft people on shipping costs. Package well and ship quickly. Offer a few different payment methods and a pick up option if you're comfortable. If you confident something will sell at a particular price range list it at 99c. If you're not sure, start it at the lowest price you'd take for it. Be aware that ebay fees and paypal fees will take a small chunk out of your total amount. Check bidders feedback on big price items. If it is a rare item also list it internationally.

sms316
25th July 2009, 06:49 AM
How do you cancel an auction that is already started?

3oneday
25th July 2009, 07:47 AM
You know in your "My Ebay" section, there is a drop down box, with Sell Similar, Relist. End Item is in that list.

Select that, then it will ask you if you want to cancel all the bids or sell it to the highest bidder.

Then once you have cancelled the bids you end it.

Grunt
25th July 2009, 07:58 AM
Is there a limit to how late you can cancel it? I thought there used to be.

sms316
25th July 2009, 10:15 AM
You know in your "My Ebay" section, there is a drop down box, with Sell Similar, Relist. End Item is in that list.

Select that, then it will ask you if you want to cancel all the bids or sell it to the highest bidder.

Then once you have cancelled the bids you end it.
Cheers.

3oneday
25th July 2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, can't cancel if there is less than 12 hours left.