PDA

View Full Version : One-Day Series

Fishman Dan
14th January 2005, 01:21 PM
We're under way, and Michael "The Future Of Australian Cricket" Clark has been bumped up to opener with Hayden being rested and Katich out for this game.

I think Cam White has a lot to offer Aussie cricket too - and he's only 21!

AndyP
14th January 2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Fish. I almost forgot. :oops:

I'm a big fan of Cam White's. He is a good player, it's a shame that he hasn't got the domestic figures to show for it. But he has certainly shown his stuff in the last week.

----------

Gilly already out. #-o

Both Boof and Symonds need to perform, or else they should be given the boot soon.

Jarro
14th January 2005, 02:29 PM
nice 50 from the wonder boy :wink:

Fishman Dan
14th January 2005, 03:20 PM
This is from the CricInfo transcript live at the moment;

to the bloke, who couldn't give a stuff about my fingers, go forth
and multiply you idiot!!

:shock: :shock:

AndyP
14th January 2005, 03:22 PM
This is from the CricInfo transcript live at the moment;

to the bloke, who couldn't give a stuff about my fingers, go forth
and multiply you idiot!!

:shock: :shock:
WTF??

That's in "Brown-nosed gnome" territory.

markTHEblake
14th January 2005, 03:25 PM
you need to read the live commentary to understand the context.

it was a brave statement, another commentator got sacked for something like that.

Fishman Dan
14th January 2005, 03:32 PM
I'm still on a Helpdesk call (45 mins now) and only glancing at it every now and then so i've missed any context for that comment to be relevant.

Fishman Dan
14th January 2005, 03:34 PM
Ok, maybe this is something:

Hello to all those workers in Australia waiting for 5pm and knock off time, thanks for your emails today
Good to see Adam Gilchrsit signing some autogra, despite making a duck earlierphs
Good to see Adam Gilchrist signing some autogrphsa, despite making a duck earlier
Good to see Adam Gilchrist signing some autogrphsa, despite making a duck earlier

markTHEblake
14th January 2005, 04:31 PM
the cricinfo commentary today has quite a bit of additional stuff in it, good to see.

about the fingers; he kept saying thanks for all the emails keep them coming.

then 'sorry about the abbreviated comments while the spinners were on, my fingers are getting sore'

then the rest you know

AndyP
18th January 2005, 01:00 PM
Looking forward to the Aust vs WI match at the Gabba this Friday. Especially after copping a rain-out for the Kiwi game. :(

Anyone else have tickets to this sold-out game? Apparently the tickets are going for quite a handsome price on ebay.

I hate it when they rest players that you want to see. For example, a couple of years ago they rested Gilly, while Maher kept instead. :roll:

Jarro
18th January 2005, 01:12 PM
I think you'll enjoy this game AndyP .. both Hayden and Gilchrist are back ... should be a cracker 8)

I, on the other hand, will just be arriving home from work, and will be sitting in my air-conditioned lounge room watching :wink:

Jarro
18th January 2005, 01:13 PM
I think you'll enjoy this game AndyP .. both Hayden and Gilchrist are back ... should be a cracker 8)

I, on the other hand, will just be arriving home from work, and will be sitting in my air-conditioned lounge room watching :wink: