PDA

View Full Version : Proshop or Cash Converters

markTHEblake
3rd July 2009, 10:26 PM
The Proshop is booming now, so much stuff is being offered up for sale, which is fantastic.

However the non-golf items are creeping in again, some of these have been genuine bargains, but what happens when this snowballs. We are Ozgolf not Cash Converters.

Suggestion: the nongolf items go in a different thread or ban them altogether.

Johnny Canuck
3rd July 2009, 10:32 PM
I don't see any problem with this at all. If you are not interested, don't click on the link.

Golfer's need bargains on stuff other than golf gear as well.

How many things are there really? Boring night Blake?

AndyP
3rd July 2009, 10:34 PM
5 threads in the last 120 threads. I don't think it's enough to be a problem.

ParMaster
3rd July 2009, 10:39 PM
I'm quite happy the way it is already. Not too may threads either.

markTHEblake
3rd July 2009, 10:45 PM
How many things are there really? Boring night Blake?

Having reading comprehension problems? If you are going to belittle my suggestion, you should at least read it properly.

5 threads in the last 120 threads. I don't think it's enough to be a problem.

It is not a problem, didnt say it was. I made the suggestion before it becomes one.

Johnny Canuck
3rd July 2009, 11:21 PM
Having reading comprehension problems? If you are going to belittle my suggestion, you should at least read it properly.

It is not a problem, didnt say it was. I made the suggestion before it becomes one.

You also suggested banning them altogether. It was pretty clear. I stated there wasn't a problem.

Bored and touchy tonight?

Jarro
4th July 2009, 07:00 AM
I can't see a problem with people selling different types of stuff here.

When you think about it, after golf ... most of the punters here are gadget geeks anyway, which would make up most of the non-golf related items in the Pro-shop anyway.

My only concern in the pro-shop lately is the new members making their first posts in there :-k

Eag's
4th July 2009, 07:35 AM
I don't have a problem with the variety of stuff getting put up for sale.
I do on the other hand have issues with new members coming in and trying to flog off gear, before they even make a post.

henno
4th July 2009, 07:45 AM
I don't have a problem with the variety of stuff getting put up for sale.
I do on the other hand have issues with new members coming in and trying to flog off gear, before they even make a post.

+1 on both points.

Courty
4th July 2009, 07:50 AM
Ditto.

just
4th July 2009, 07:53 AM
The problem with putting a post count on Pro Shop is that you get a bunch of Y gens posting endless pics to get their post count up. I don't have a problem with first post Pro Shop threads, I just ignore them, or wait until Johnny Canuck or 3oneday have a go at them and watch the fireworks. It's all good.

Minor_Threat
4th July 2009, 07:57 AM
No problems here either besides the 1 posters trying to flog stuff..

AndyP
4th July 2009, 08:05 AM
At point would it be a problem in your eyes? 10%? 20%?

Tex
4th July 2009, 08:08 AM
Let me start with this :mrgreen:

1st posters selling stuff is no good? Please explain... seems somewhat supercilious to me.

AndyP
4th July 2009, 08:14 AM
Please refer to another thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14320) to discuss the topic of post limits.

rodders
4th July 2009, 08:16 AM
Surely the low balling offers is enough deterrent to first time posters.

If not, tell em I got the SC detour putter for $80 posted.

Makes me think, whatever happened to Greg Normals mate trying to flog $1500 worth of nike crap?

markTHEblake
4th July 2009, 12:23 PM
You also suggested banning them altogether. It was pretty clear.

my suggestion of either banning or relocating was framed by this question 'what happens WHEN this snowballs' - that was pretty clear.

I stated there wasn't a problem.Congratulations, I never stated there was a problem either.

I also said that their are bargains amongst them, and you agreed.

So what is it that you are criticising about my topic again?

At point would it be a problem in your eyes? 10%? 20%?

When an awesome golf club bargain drops off the front page because some idiot is selling saucepans.;)

Its called the Pro Shop for a reason, the description is for selling golf clubs, and this is a golf forum. Plenty of other forums do not permit 'off-topic' selling at all, and the reason for that is simply to maintain the theme of the forum. That alone does not mean we should do the same, but that does not mean we should not consider it.

The Proshop is very busy now and becoming more cluttered. There will become a time when some things can be done to organise it better. IMHO the Prefixes are nice but I doubt many people will use them to sort through the items.

I just thought I would throw this idea into the suggestions area as a discussion point, its not a big deal at the moment. No harm in thinking about it is there.

xe1
4th July 2009, 01:27 PM
But it's alright if the first post is to buy something not sell???

There is a word for this....

PeteyD
4th July 2009, 04:52 PM
Wankers. Leave the shop alone.

3oneday
4th July 2009, 05:56 PM
The problem with putting a post count on Pro Shop is that you get a bunch of Y gens posting endless pics to get their post count up. I don't have a problem with first post Pro Shop threads, I just ignore them, or wait until Johnny Canuck or 3oneday have a go at them and watch the fireworks. It's all good.

was this a commercial post ?

Anyone want some 2nd hand undies ? Never been worn to golf ;)

PeteyD
4th July 2009, 06:08 PM
Put em with yer other stuff, towel boy.

just
4th July 2009, 06:11 PM
was this a commercial post ?

Taylormade?

Jarro
4th July 2009, 06:14 PM

Popouts ?

skidmarks ?

Yossarian
4th July 2009, 06:30 PM
Any pics 3?

And how stiff do they play?