PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite stand bag?

BBM Rick
3rd July 2009, 11:25 PM
Im in the market for a new bag. The requirements are:

Must be a stand bag
As many dividers as possible (prefer full length)
Gotta look 8)

What should I be looking at?

Yossarian
4th July 2009, 12:26 AM
I've only ever used my callaway warbird. Good dividers, great legs, good storage. I think it looks good. The straps could be better, but not to shabby.

Ogio always get a good wrap.

Love the straps on the titty stand bags... Hmm I wonder if you can buy them on their own?

WaldoJeffers
4th July 2009, 12:32 AM
Sun mountain 3.5 has a a lot of fans. I don't think it has lots of dividers, though. Ping hoofer vantage in white, oh that thing a honey, too. Heard a few complaints about droopy legs on the vantage, though, maybe it has been fixed by now.

Johnny Canuck
4th July 2009, 12:44 AM
I got an Ogio Grom. They are rated very highly.

I give them a mixed review.

They have every option under the sun and are great on carts due to the torq strap.

However, the stand is crap. It also sits "heavy" compared to other bags. I have a TaylorMade stand bag that weighs exactly the same as the Grom, but feels about 5 pounds lighter on my shoulders.

adlo
4th July 2009, 04:40 AM
I got an Ogio Grom. They are rated very highly.

I give them a mixed review.

They have every option under the sun and are great on carts due to the torq strap.

However, the stand is crap. It also sits "heavy" compared to other bags. I have a TaylorMade stand bag that looks like a shiny 80's electric blue nightclub shirt.

:shock:

I do agree with JC's review. However, the Grom is still king.

PeteyD
4th July 2009, 05:02 AM
When I looked at stand bags, I liked the new cobra one and the callaway warbird. If you want 14 dividers, Nickent make one that House of Golf sell. Courty has the Nike one, but he had to order it from the US.

cobra
4th July 2009, 05:59 AM
mizuno aerolite ll
sets up well with the divider sections
very light
has a few features i havent seen on others such as a velcro patch for your glove.....just stick it on ....nifty
worth a look b4 buying

Mizuno just make things very well

sms316
4th July 2009, 07:41 AM
Titleist StaDry. Picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Great bag.

http://www.scorelow.com/item--Titleist-Golf-StaDry-Waterproof-Stand-Bag-2009--TITLSTADRYWPROOFBAG.html

Jarro
4th July 2009, 07:47 AM
Grom

Courty
4th July 2009, 08:28 AM
Nike Sasquatch Tour is the shiz.

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/250652/Nike/Sasquatch_Tour_Stand_Bag

Grunt
4th July 2009, 10:18 AM
Another vote for Grom, but I am now over carrying since I got the Smoothy.

zacdullard
4th July 2009, 10:25 AM
I have only ever used the Bridgestone carry bag but i must say that it has never put a foot wrong.

It has a plain 6 way divider.
Good storage.
Middle of the road in terms of weight.
Great legs.
Not as good looking as some of the others listed.

All in all for the cheap price of these things i would reccomend it.

aussiemuggolfer
4th July 2009, 10:28 AM
I bought a Burton ML hybrid stand bag. 14 dividers and full length. Can use on ur buggy as well as carry. Has a putter well on the outside and plenty pockets.
Worth considering. Got it at the big D's.

Grunt
4th July 2009, 10:39 AM
I bought a Burton ML hybrid stand bag. 14 dividers and full length. Can use on ur buggy as well as carry. Has a putter well on the outside and plenty pockets.
Worth considering. Got it at the big D's.

might go and have a look at one of those.

DracZ
4th July 2009, 11:01 AM
Nike Sasquatch Tour is the shiz.

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/250652/Nike/Sasquatch_Tour_Stand_Bag

Can't say enough good things about this bag - 14 full length dividers, more compartments then you can shake a stick at, solid carry handle - none of that flimsy cloth stuff, and really great legs :twisted:

Downsides - it can be hard to find, but I managed to source mine off an aussie ebayer retailer brand new a few months back, bit on the heavier side for a stand bag - but so long as your not hitting off the ladies tee, you should be fine carrying it :razz:

aussiemuggolfer
4th July 2009, 12:04 PM
might go and have a look at one of those.

Pretty well made, the snow board stuff they make is top stuff.
I like that the legs are sturdy and they lock in when use on a buggy and the putter well is a big bonus. I dont carry ! Stuff that. But i use it at the range.
Reasonable price too, not very X'y compared to the top of the range nike to use as an example.
Yeh go n have a look at least. :lol:

damoocow
4th July 2009, 02:44 PM
Titleist StaDry. Picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Great bag.

http://www.scorelow.com/item--Titleist-Golf-StaDry-Waterproof-Stand-Bag-2009--TITLSTADRYWPROOFBAG.html

The Ogio has finally done its last round - main zipper now defunct and tired of the leaks when it rains ! - More than 5 years of excellent service but time for a new bag -

SMS - did you buy the StaDry from the US ? - Cost ?

Eag's
4th July 2009, 04:17 PM
I am in the market for my first stand bag. I am tired of pushing the buggy around, time for a change 8-)

kwantfm
4th July 2009, 05:00 PM
Agree that the Ogio Grom is a great bag but very heavy for carrying. It goes extremely well on the Clicgear cart.

jaybam
4th July 2009, 09:38 PM
Got the Nike extreme sport carry bag. Lightest carry bag i have ever had. Great

sms316
5th July 2009, 08:35 AM
SMS - did you buy the StaDry from the US ? - Cost ?
Nah - I had some $$$ in credit at my local pro-shop. They they retail around $350? Too scared to ask.

BBM Rick
5th July 2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for all the input guys.
Was super keen on the Nike Sasquatch carried by such discerning users as Courty and Dracz, but the shipping costs killed it for me.
Ended up going with the Cobra GT bag in white with yellow/black highlights.
So far I am VERY happy with this bag, if I was going to be picky, I would say it stands a bit too upright, but thats probably just me being used to the old Titleist.

Thanks again for all of your input!

Rick.

PeteyD
6th July 2009, 09:27 AM
Good choice. I do love my Cobra GT ;)

Johnny Canuck
6th July 2009, 09:35 AM
:shock:

I do agree with JC's review. However, the Grom is still king.

TaylorMade calls it "Midnight".

For the sake of your comment, I will specifiy that it is Icehouse - Electric Blue, not Debbie Gibson - Electric Blue.

PeteyD
6th July 2009, 09:45 AM
You are more a Debbie Gibson sort aren't you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/grnturtle/Journal%20Posts/debbie_gibson.jpg

And her albums were Out of the blue and Electric Youth ... (and I just read that looking for the playboy pics ;) )

Johnny Canuck
6th July 2009, 12:12 PM
You are more a Debbie Gibson sort aren't you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/grnturtle/Journal%20Posts/debbie_gibson.jpg

And her albums were Out of the blue and Electric Youth ... (and I just read that looking for the playboy pics ;) )

That's better!

I think I saw that Jarro made a "Best of Debbie Gibson" playlist on his ipod and called it "Electric Blue". That is where the confusion stemmed from.

Eag's
9th July 2009, 02:48 PM
I just picked up a nice new Bridgestone stand bag from the guys at Golf Guru at Aspley 8-) http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/accessories/stand-bag

Jarro
9th July 2009, 03:03 PM
Nice bag mate 8)

rick3003
9th July 2009, 10:47 PM
I just picked up a nice new Bridgestone stand bag from the guys at Golf Guru at Aspley 8-) http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/accessories/stand-bag

Good looking bag Eags. What did that set you back?

Eag's
10th July 2009, 04:58 AM
Good looking bag Eags. What did that set you back?

Retails for $290.00 I picked mine up for $190.00 :)

giddyupgaz
10th July 2009, 07:16 AM
Ogio Ozone here, good light and durable. Only downside is the lack of 14 way divider system, gets a bit painful some days, but not many do have that.

henno
10th July 2009, 03:12 PM
I use an ozone as well, and 14-way dividers in a stand back piss me off. Give me the ogio woode system any day.

Yossarian
10th July 2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah my warbird has something similar to the woode, works heaps better than a 14 way IMO.

Courty
10th July 2009, 07:38 PM
I use an ozone as well, and 14-way dividers in a stand back piss me off. Give me the ogio woode system any day.

Yeah my warbird has something similar to the woode, works heaps better than a 14 way IMO.

Pffft. My last bag was an Ogio Edge (with Woode System). The 14-way dividers in my Nike shit all over the Woode.

Yossarian
10th July 2009, 07:53 PM
Makes the bag a heap heavier though.
And it increases bag chatter IMO.

henno
10th July 2009, 08:04 PM
Makes the bag a heap heavier though.
And it increases bag chatter IMO.

Regardless of all that, I have trouble getting my clubs in and out of a 14-way in a stand bag. Don't get me wrong, my behemoth cart bag has 14-way dividers and is great, but once the bag is on the tilt, they suck. It's like threading a needle.