PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Wednesday 8 July, Cabramatta 10.35 space for 1 more

jimandr
1st July 2009, 10:41 PM
Coffs Hacker and myself will play our Matchplay next Wednesday, 8 July. Anybody want to join us and our friend Jono?

Our preferred venue of Cabramatta is available. At the moment I have booked a group of three, so there is one vacant spot. But you'll need to ring Cabramatta and put your name down, as I have left it vacant.

The Result: Coffs 1st, Jimandr and Jono equal last. We walked off after 15 in heavy rain with the course starting to flood.

ParMaster
1st July 2009, 11:27 PM
I wish i could join you but i got school that date. :(

Grunt
2nd July 2009, 05:53 AM
Would love to but am still on Tuesday to Friday work.

Coffs_Hacker
2nd July 2009, 10:48 PM
So looks like cabramatta will be the scene for the demise of the great NSW matchplay guru - Bring it on :)

jimandr
5th July 2009, 09:41 PM
It looks as though no other Ozgolfers are able to join us, so I will call the course tomorrow and cancel out the other two spaces.

Jono
5th July 2009, 09:46 PM
Jim, I'll see if I can get an RDO. I'll let you know tomorrow.

jimandr
5th July 2009, 11:49 PM
John

Give me a call or send an SMS when you know for sure.

jimandr
8th July 2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks to Coffs Hacker and Jono for the game, but it was definitely one to forget.

Heavy rain just before we started, cold weather, wet fairways, then a very heavy rainstorm at the 15th.

We were all playing awful, and after the Matchplay had finished (Coffs won 6/5) the care factor was just about zero. Had we kept going, Coffs might have got somewhere near 30, but Jono and I would have both battled to reach 20.

Jono and I have both determined that some time away from the game, to hopefully forget the bad things we are doing in our swings, might be the best remedy. Once upon a time I thought golf was fairly easy. Now, I wonder how something that looks simple can be so hard.

Jono
10th July 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the game guys ... Great game ... NOT. Cold, rain, bit of sun, then rain again. I felt a bit achy on the way back home. Now I have a full blown flu. :(

Good to catch up with Coffs again. should change his handler to Shoalhaven Hacker though ... ;)

I can't remember seeing Jim play this badly. Cold tops, shanks, missed one foot putt ... By the end of the game, Jim and I decided to give golf a rest for a month. My swing is utterly confused at the moment. Keep on going back to the old swing during the round. :( When golf is not enjoyable any more, it's time for a break.

Cabramatta is a tight course and the course was soggy was well. I left some wheel marks on the course with the cart. Greens were true and fast.

Scottt
10th July 2009, 07:40 PM
Another ton Jono? ;)

Jono
10th July 2009, 08:26 PM
Hmmm ... I thought you went away with your therapist and reformed ...

:-k