PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 29 June 2009

PeteyD
30th June 2009, 08:19 PM
Yippee start for me.

36 Points at Virginia today. 1 bird, 6 par, 4 Bog, 1 wipe. 30 putts, 7 fairways and 2 GIR. Irons were crappy today but short game was good once I got going. Started with a wipe but came good. First time around Virginia under 90 too (89 / 71).

PeteyD
1st July 2009, 12:17 PM
Me again. You slack buggers!

Best round ever at my home track, 86/68 on Monthly Mug day. Was a great day for golf, with the course still a bit soggy here and there, but overall playing well. 7 Pars, 8 Bogeys and 3 doubles. 9 Fairways, 2 Gir, 31 putts. Lob wedge saved me a few times today.

AndyP
1st July 2009, 01:37 PM
Nice one, Petey. That should get you back on track with the scarycrap.

Jarro
1st July 2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah well played Pedro 8)

Lucasto23
1st July 2009, 01:51 PM
nice one Big D, lets get the handicappers choppers out now;)

Tongueboy
1st July 2009, 01:55 PM
yep pete played well.short game was sharp and sank a lot of teaser length putts.

i played like a retard yet again

game is starting to get hard.

Coffs_Hacker
1st July 2009, 03:07 PM
Awsome game this morning - 25pts bring on Jim

haysey
1st July 2009, 03:59 PM
Single stableford at Cairns today. 35 points

Happy enough given it was the first attempt at the new handicap

2 wipes
3 one pointers
choked like a dog:roll:

just
1st July 2009, 04:22 PM
Well played, PeteyD!

Jarro
1st July 2009, 04:23 PM
Single stableford at Cairns today. 35 points

Happy enough given it was the first attempt at the new handicap

2 wipes
3 one pointers
choked like a dog:roll:

I'd say so :-s

32 points in 13 holes ... nice shootin' right there :smt038

haysey
1st July 2009, 04:29 PM
I'd say so :-s

32 points in 13 holes ... nice shootin' right there :smt038

Mentally I'm a c grader:cry:

and yes, well played Petey:smt038

PeteyD
1st July 2009, 06:00 PM
Handicrap drop to 16.8 with a 73 CCR.

henno
1st July 2009, 06:46 PM

Talk about shooting your lights out! Nice work.

razaar
1st July 2009, 06:49 PM
17 shots for 18 holes, still competitive.

Courty
2nd July 2009, 05:00 PM
Mentally I'm a c grader:cry:

Is there a grade worse than C?

PeteyD
2nd July 2009, 05:28 PM
Nah C for Courty is it.

haysey
2nd July 2009, 05:39 PM
Played individual stroke at Gordonvale this arvo. 80 nett 72 (par 70)

15 holes = 3 over par
3 holes = 7 over par:roll:

I'll let Courty guess where that 3 hole stretch was, suffice to say. I've got issues:cry:

Eag's
2nd July 2009, 06:50 PM
Well done PeteyD :smt023

Courty
2nd July 2009, 08:15 PM
I'll let Courty guess where that 3 hole stretch was, suffice to say. I've got issues:cry:

The last three. :roll:

Nah C for Courty is it.

C for Choker. :p

haysey
2nd July 2009, 08:33 PM
The last three. :roll:

Close. doubled 15 tripled 16 doubled 17:oops: Birdied 18:roll:

Courty
2nd July 2009, 08:35 PM
Impostor. ;)

Hux
2nd July 2009, 09:15 PM
Lakelands Today (2/7) 30pts. Putting like a dog. It has me terribly rattled and need a big confidence boost from sinking short putts. I had/have an alignment problem that reared its head today so was hitting everything (except the driver) way right unless I really watched myself and moved the right foot forward at least an inch.

Its been once a week golf zero practice and I am feeling it. I am forgoing comp on the weekend to hit the range both days so I can spend some quality time on the short game and get some feel again.

Eag's
3rd July 2009, 03:08 PM
Played Nudgee today Single Stroke in very windy conditions.
85/73 Hit the ball quite well all day but had a few dramas in bunkers.
Played 15 holes 6 over and the other 3 8 over :oops:
9 Greens
7 Fairways
33 Putts

Grunt
3rd July 2009, 03:33 PM
Do ambrose events count here?
Had my best ballstriking game in ages today. I played in a 2 man ambrose event at Glenmore Heritage Country Club this morning. I played with a mate from work with and we had a handicap of 14, nice :).
We played well to shoot 4 over off the stick (2 birdies & 6 bogies). In the end we tied for scratch win (76), won the nett (62), won the least putts (27) & I just got pipped for a NTP. Was a great day, walked away with $80 in cash and a bottle of port plus get name engraved in a shield.

Driver was on fire, got my drive to the fringe on the 7th hole up & down for a birdie.Iron play was ok but short game was on. I got 5 chips to within 6 feet for tap in's.

Really want to get another game in this weekend now.

ParMaster
3rd July 2009, 05:20 PM
:smt038 Well played Grunt.

How much are you exaggerating about your T shot on the 7th? That hole is a good 330m..

Grunt
3rd July 2009, 05:30 PM
Was 8 feet off the green. Was downwind a bit with the wind that was blowing.

TheNuclearOne
3rd July 2009, 06:14 PM
My first comp for two weeks tomorrow, stroke. Should be interesting.

Jarro
3rd July 2009, 06:16 PM
Well played Eag's and Grunt

Grunt
3rd July 2009, 06:28 PM
About to enjoy one of the bottles of Port i won too ;)

zacdullard
3rd July 2009, 06:45 PM
Well played Grunt :wink:

Grunt
3rd July 2009, 07:58 PM
thanks guys, I dont get the well played too often got to appreciate it when it comes.

haysey
4th July 2009, 01:30 PM
Played Gordonvale monthly medal today with Mike and Cookie. 77 nett 69. (Par 70)

Played ok but without much luck.

Thanks for the round lads, very enjoyable.

Bruce
4th July 2009, 05:17 PM
Played with my local social group this morning at Growling Frog. Very wintry conditions and the clay based course did not handle our recent rains very well. Needed to be part frog myself to get around.

89 off the bat for 34 points (I'm off 15 with this mob.)
Putted poorly and short game was generally poor in the slush.
Never driven the ball better in my life. After getting a shaft off Virge I put the new one in the MT460 and the NDS from the MT into the R7 460.

The R7 is now going off like a (growling) frog in a sock. I don't think I've ever been this long. And it wasn't that long ago I would have been pretty happy with 89 - I am enjoying having raised expectations.

paulyboy
4th July 2009, 05:30 PM
Played our monthly medal at Sandhurst this morning in very wet and cold conditions. They were experimenting with playing the medal as a par event (grrr) played quite ok and putted a lot better but still finished -4.
Playing the long par 5 17th as our last (shotgun start) at 3 down, needed a par here to get back to -2 which would have been respectable. Hit a good drive and a 3 wood to the fringe of the green for what I thought would be a certain + only to not be able to find the ball. We suspected it plugged but couldn't be sure so I had to take a lost ball and a wipe. -2 woulda sounded so much nicer than -4.......sigh.
Paul

Grunt
4th July 2009, 05:36 PM
Played Monthly Medal @ Mac Grange this afternoon.

Did not play too badly but putted poorly. Had a 2 over Nett 72, Gross 90. Putting was very poor. 8x 3 putts was horrible.

Courty
4th July 2009, 05:37 PM
Monthly Medal at Cairns.
Crap.

Bruce
4th July 2009, 05:48 PM
North or Champions Pauly?

PeteyD
4th July 2009, 05:50 PM
Medal today in a howling gale. Had 3 Peter Brocks. Pretty crappy net 79.

Courty
4th July 2009, 05:51 PM
Monthly Medal at Cairns.
Crap.

Oh, forgot the stats (to be fair, they are very forgettable).

87 gross
79 nett

5 fairways
4 greens
30 putts

8 pars
6 bogies
3 doubles
1 other (triple)

Out of the 9 fairways I missed, 8 of them were (well) left. I was hitting massive pulls all day. And that was with the irons as well. My hands felt like lumps of timber around the greens. Better to just write it off and cast it from my memory, methinks.

oz
4th July 2009, 06:13 PM
Monthly Medal at Albury today, in the cold, misty rain. It was really more like wet fog.

Shot 75 (+1 - they had a par event for the Medal), which included a real assortment of ballstriking - good, bad & ugly. Not that I care what anyone thinks... but Imayhaveusedabroomstickputter - whichIsubsequentlybought. :)

razaar
4th July 2009, 06:18 PM
Played our monthly medal at Sandhurst this morning in very wet and cold conditions. They were experimenting with playing the medal as a par event (grrr) played quite ok and putted a lot better but still finished -4.
Playing the long par 5 17th as our last (shotgun start) at 3 down, needed a par here to get back to -2 which would have been respectable. Hit a good drive and a 3 wood to the fringe of the green for what I thought would be a certain + only to not be able to find the ball. We suspected it plugged but couldn't be sure so I had to take a lost ball and a wipe. -2 woulda sounded so much nicer than -4.......sigh.
Paul
There is an article about Sandhurst going public in the latest edition of Golf Australia. The visiting fees seem to be rather cheap for an exclusive club?

ParMaster
4th July 2009, 07:11 PM
Played at Mac Grange today and i shot a shithouse 4 over par 74.

No memorable shot except for these couple:

2nd hole: Hit tee shot way right...2nd shot i go for broke and hit into water. Then i hit a 9i to 3 feet from about 110m.

8th hole: Hit a 4i to 7 feet. Probably won NTP.

9th hole: Lipped out an 80 footer for birdie.

15th hole: Shot of the day. 1wd on 285 metre par 4 and hit it to 12 feet and then sunk the putt for a nice eagle. :D

17th hole: Hit a low 3wd punch into the breeze to about 4 metres.

And my lowlight for the day was seeing Grunt in the group behind us. :wink:

So sadly i haven't acheieved me goal of getting down to 1 before i turn 15. :cry: Turn 15 in 3 days.

Grunt
4th July 2009, 07:41 PM
And my lowlight for the day was seeing Grunt in the group behind us. :wink:

Feeling was mutual

mike
4th July 2009, 08:06 PM
Played Gordonvale with Haysey and Cookie. Had a 79/67. Pretty good after a shit start. First drive went 20 metres. Seriously. :roll:
Was 7 over after 6 holes. Ended up 9 over.

Cookie is a burglar. You orta see this guy hit a ball.

haysey
4th July 2009, 08:30 PM
Played Gordonvale with Haysey and Cookie. Had a 79/67. Pretty good after a shit start. First drive went 20 metres. Seriously. :roll:
Was 7 over after 6 holes. Ended up 9 over.

Was a good job of grinding out a score after the first few holes Mike.

Cookie is a burglar. You orta see this guy hit a ball.

3 over after 9. 16 over after 18. Even I don't choke that bad:D

paulyboy
4th July 2009, 08:32 PM
There is an article about Sandhurst going public in the latest edition of Golf Australia. The visiting fees seem to be rather cheap for an exclusive club?

Apparently they have suspended any offers of pay for play for the time being.
Too much backlash from members?
A legal challenge?
I know not.

henno
4th July 2009, 08:44 PM
Single V Par with DC and Nuttedit.

Square with 7 to go, and DC joked that I could still get home -7. He wasn't far off it, I came home -5. Nasty stuff.

Highlight was Nuttedit's round. 1 over off the stick for the back 9 (started on 10) and could have easily been under the card had a few putts dropped. Ended up +5 for the round and 3rd on countback to be absolutely robbed of a win in Div 2. He got the NTP on the pro pin for a bit of cash though, so that should make up for the chop his handicap is sure to get.

At least my banana balls were all but gone. About time.

TheNuclearOne
4th July 2009, 09:23 PM
Monthly Medal today

84 gross
74 net
9 pars
1 bird
5 boges
2 doubles
And a ****ing cintuple!
26 putts with a 4 putt

4 over 39 front 9 after being 3 over the first two. Had a stretch of 1 over for 7 holes, 2 over for 9. 5 over on the 15th then parred the last 3.

Everything mostly hinges on driving for me. 3 crooked drives in a row and i go from 5 over for 12 to 13 over for 15.

Good day at the office tho, apart from that 1 hole and two dubs i hit the ball mostly great. New 2009 Burner irons with KBS were excellent first comp outing.

ParMaster
4th July 2009, 11:50 PM
26 putts is nice. I take it to get that you missed many greens and were just off the edge or did you putt the lights out?

UL on the 15th though. Care to expand on what happened there? :)

TheNuclearOne
5th July 2009, 12:29 AM
26 putts is nice. I take it to get that you missed many greens and were just off the edge or did you putt the lights out?

UL on the 15th though. Care to expand on what happened there? :)

I was putting from off the green on 4 greens and nailed every one of them close or made the next putt regardless excepting 15. 4 one putts right there. Missed plenty of greens too, you're spot on. Did putt well tho, sunk numerous from 6-10 feet and two longer.

15, ahhhh. First major blowout in comp for so damn long. Can't remember the last triple i've had, and OB has been ages too.

It's index 2, OB very tight right with tree;s that hang inside the OB line. I nailed a solid drive just inside the OB line, but unless you get a BIG carry you are liable to catch the back tree. Once you do that it's 50-50 whether you go out. The drive was always just in with no deflection, but i knew i was at the mercy of luck.

I reload and nail one down the middle. We don't find my first ball inside or out. So i've got a comfortable 8 iron on a hole that sets really nice for me once i have a good drive away. Usually there is a decent headwind, but it was still. So i've pushed my 8 iron a bit, it drew back but not enough to a green that is angled to demand a draw. I'm over the right side, hitting a LW to a fast downhill with a mound in front of me to get over.

In hindsight (always easy LOL) i should have played a soft shot into and over the mound and let it feed down soft, but i lobbed onto the back slope and it was quicker than i realised. 25 footer coming back and a very tricky read. I leave it 3-4 foot left of the hole and slide it by to two feet. I do the old one hander trick back and leave it one inch short lmao. So i have a 4 putt and a 9.

The one hander wasn't a hissy fit, just one of those sometime lazy efforts when you know you're out of it anyway and a little disappointed. Betweem there and the next tee i worked out if i parred the next three or went one under my score wouldn't be woeful and set about doing it. Only a few months back 84 was a fine day out for me. I was pushed nicely today, our resident 17 cap burglar shot 38 to my 39 on the front before choking out a bit on the back (rare for this guy once he has a score going) and doubling the last from great position. He still shot 83 which gave him a 66 net.

Jarro
5th July 2009, 01:12 PM
38 (16/22) points at Nudgee today ... North Course.

Honestly, i'm swinging the club terribly .... i know that .... but i'm doing enough to get around Ok. i should really go and have a lesson or two but i couldn't really be bothered :roll:

Eag's
5th July 2009, 01:13 PM
Nice shooting Mark, you have been playing some solid golf lately :smt023

gazgolf1
5th July 2009, 01:20 PM
40 pts at Nudgee Nth today, fun day with 5 birdies so probably should have had 42-43 pts but a couple of 1 point holes cost me. Chip in on the last from 20m was satisfying as was finding something at the range yesterday and then bringing it to the course today. :)

Eag's
5th July 2009, 01:22 PM
Top stuff Gaz :smt038

gazgolf1
5th July 2009, 01:24 PM
Top stuff Gaz :smt038

:)

shazza_rs
5th July 2009, 05:33 PM
37 points at nudgee for me today and a win in the comp.
My back nine went 3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,2. Real consistent there!

congrats on getting a ball in the rundown for 40 points gaz :(

Grunt
5th July 2009, 05:35 PM
Nice win shazza

just
5th July 2009, 05:40 PM
37 points for me at Nudgee North and a ball in the rundown. New driver setup was the business, 8 fairways and another 3 where I was just off the fairway. I had 21 points on the front nine but I arsed up the 10th and 11th and couldn't make it back. Had a nice bird on the 8th as well.

gazgolf1
5th July 2009, 06:34 PM
congrats on getting a ball in the rundown for 40 points gaz :(

great I get beat on a C/B for 3rd and lose 4 shots off my h'cap and win $3.

shazza_rs
5th July 2009, 06:40 PM
sucks to be you..... you should put a skirt on and come over and play in the ladies comp. You would be a shoe in :)

gazgolf1
5th July 2009, 07:48 PM
sucks to be you..... you should put a skirt on and come over and play in the ladies comp. You would be a shoe in :)

I've got the tits for it. ;)

TheNuclearOne
5th July 2009, 08:36 PM
Holden Scramble at my home course today and we fired a very good 9 under in the drop out format. Rest of the field fired too tho. 1 more bird would have given us 3rd. We played two very routine par 5's badly which cost us. On one we had to take our shortest drivers ball and hit average pitches on followed by lipped out putts. Should not come to that. On the other us two higher caps had routine FW's that would have left us 40 or 50 out then our big gun could have had free reign at putting us within 20 but one of us went OB and i was in a couple of light tree's and we weren't sure what sort of shot i had left.

Fantastic days golf tho, incredible weather and the course is great right now. The 9015D was on fire, i had 9 good drives with 4 or 5 of those being fantastic (for me). Only missed 4 all day. Everyone played well and contributed and after 8 holes we all had two of our three drives on the card.

Coffs_Hacker
5th July 2009, 09:20 PM
Monthly mug on sat another crap round 85/76 par 69. Couldn't feel my fingers for first 5 holes. Dropped 6 shots on first 3 holes. Knew it was going to be a long day after skying my 1st shot of the day OB (Nice skymark on the 3w), topped the reload, chip to 15ft, playing partner picked up my marker on the green :mad: then 3 putted.

Being only 15 hole course we play the first 3 holes twice. 6 over first time(1-3), 1 under (15-18 ). Could've been a nice rnd except those first 3 holes.

henno
5th July 2009, 09:33 PM
I heard a rumour that some burglar up north wangled his way to 2009 FNQ B-grade champ.

A burglar that putts with a wedge.

jimandr
5th July 2009, 09:37 PM
I'm glad to see Coffs is in poor form, because we are playing matchplay on Wednesday. His nett 76 should get him a 6 and 5 victory based on my round today. My 20 points today is the second worst round I've ever posted here. I am on a streak of five 3putt greens in a row. I'm not even yipping them, but I cannot hole a putt from any distance over 4 feet at the moment.

razaar
5th July 2009, 09:52 PM
I heard a rumour that some burglar up north wangled his way to 2009 FNQ B-grade champ.

A burglar that putts with a wedge.
Is he the bushranger that has been conspicuous by his absence of late?

henno
5th July 2009, 10:03 PM
Is he the bushranger that has been conspicuous by his absence of late?

There may be an element of truth in that assumption.

zacdullard
5th July 2009, 10:17 PM
I hit the ball absolutely terrible today. Finished with 29 points.

Hit 100 odd balls afterwards with a nice smooth swing and guess what......they were all perfect.

When I think about it I have been trying to smash the cover off the ball lately. It is hard to tell myself that it goes better when I swing slower :smt013

mike
5th July 2009, 11:01 PM

AndyP
6th July 2009, 09:09 AM
What mike said.....

Flowergirl
6th July 2009, 09:16 AM
Wow - some great golf being played this week. Well done boys and girls:smt038:mrgreen: Weather down here has turned really nasty so no golf for me this week. A week without golf - been a long time since I've done that.

Sorry to post nothing - but just wanted to congratulate some great scores. I'm nice like that.:mrgreen:

PeteyD
6th July 2009, 09:18 AM
Didn't he do that last year as well?

TheNuclearOne
6th July 2009, 09:25 AM
Wow - some great golf being played this week. Well done boys and girls:smt038:mrgreen: Weather down here has turned really nasty so no golf for me this week. A week without golf - been a long time since I've done that.

Sorry to post nothing - but just wanted to congratulate some great scores. I'm nice like that.:mrgreen:

Have you broke that 80 mark yet FG? I remember you easing under it in a team format and was wondering if you've nailed it since.

Flowergirl
6th July 2009, 10:16 AM
Have you broke that 80 mark yet FG? I remember you easing under it in a team format and was wondering if you've nailed it since.

Not yet. Best I've done was an 83 in a stroke round and a par round. Making too many errors around the greens but hopefully will get there by the end of the year.
Thanks for asking.;)

Pieface
6th July 2009, 11:24 AM
Well as an unabashed hacker ...I went around in 102 :lol:

I hit the green on three of the 4 par 3's and got par for them. I got up and down 3 times and had a lot of brain explosion holes with 2 nines and 3 seven's on the card.

I'm pretty happy as I'm only starting to concentrate a bit on golf and I can easily see area's for improvement. My driving was abominable and I three putted 6 holes. I think I should be able to break 100 this weekend easily by leaving my ego at home and hitting a 4 hybrid or 5 iron off the tee.

I don't envy you low handicapper's...must be a lot harder to find area's to improve :razz:

Flowergirl
6th July 2009, 11:57 AM
Well as an unabashed hacker ...I went around in 102 :lol:

I hit the green on three of the 4 par 3's and got par for them. I got up and down 3 times and had a lot of brain explosion holes with 2 nines and 3 seven's on the card.

I'm pretty happy as I'm only starting to concentrate a bit on golf and I can easily see area's for improvement. My driving was abominable and I three putted 6 holes. I think I should be able to break 100 this weekend easily by leaving my ego at home and hitting a 4 hybrid or 5 iron off the tee.

I don't envy you low handicapper's...must be a lot harder to find area's to improve :razz:

Pieface - you are well on the way on shooting better scores because you have learnt that ego is a huge downfall to golf.
Best advice I can give you - try to play bogey golf instead of par golf and you'll eliminate those 9's off the card. Don't go for shots that are beyond your capability and be a wimp and play safe!! Good luck. :smt038

Pieface
6th July 2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the support FG :) I'm in the process of getting some clubs fitted and then the plan is to have a few lesson's from there. Hopefully as the weeks go by I'll be able to post lower scores in these threads.

Flowergirl
6th July 2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the support FG :) I'm in the process of getting some clubs fitted and then the plan is to have a few lesson's from there. Hopefully as the weeks go by I'll be able to post lower scores in these threads.
Good luck and enjoy the journey!!!

Captain Nemo
6th July 2009, 02:07 PM
81 nett 73 in our Medal round.
Couldn't putt for @#$t!
Started on the 10th, a long par 3, 3-putted, knew i'd be in for a long day!

Lucasto23
6th July 2009, 02:50 PM
had 84/68 par 66 on the monthly medal. with the blowy conditions hit the ball pretty well and the 38 putts with 2x3 putts killed my chance of avoiding another .1 not to mention 2 penalty shots in the round. Did i mention 64 won it for B grade doh

Great golfing by some of the boys/girls(when they've played) and keep up the good work

mboypro
6th July 2009, 07:15 PM
played sir manuel hornibrook jug at royal queensland on the weekend..

due to the wind and cold the greens out there were like rocks. not like there hard enough to putt on or play as it was!
anyways after struggling to 38 putts i ended up with 80/79

winner was eagle chang with 72. less putts and i was in with a chance i think.
bring on indro jug this weekend =]

Scottt
7th July 2009, 12:55 AM
Had a big week last week.

Sunday: Match against visiting American team. I won 4&3 and team won 3-2.
Tuesday morn: 38 points at Deal (12/15 fairways, 13 greens) to reach handicap of 7 for the first time (7.4)
Tuesday afternoon: 34 points at Canterbury (7/13 fairways 8 greens)
Thursday: rd2 of knockout matchplay series vs a club pro. Won 4&3 after walking off the 10th AS.

henno
7th July 2009, 07:43 AM
He lives!

squishy
7th July 2009, 07:11 PM
played sir manuel hornibrook jug at royal queensland on the weekend..

due to the wind and cold the greens out there were like rocks. not like there hard enough to putt on or play as it was!
anyways after struggling to 38 putts i ended up with 80/79

winner was eagle chang with 72. less putts and i was in with a chance i think.
bring on indro jug this weekend =]

eagle didnt win, phillip won with 72, eagle had 75. how bad were the greens, the fist was like hitting into a cricket pitch

AndyP
7th July 2009, 09:47 PM
He lives!Unfortunate, isn't it?
(I'm talking about the internet persona, not Scottt as a person, as I haven't met him)

mboypro
8th July 2009, 04:41 PM
eagle didnt win, phillip won with 72, eagle had 75. how bad were the greens, the fist was like hitting into a cricket pitch

ah indeed sorry i just had a uquick glance....
the first... man they were all like a cricket pitch... i hit the first green in two and the last in 2 that was about as good as it got for me LOL