PDA

View Full Version : Which club do you miss the most?

davidp
13th January 2005, 12:19 PM
18 months ago I sold my 8.5* Taylor Made 360Ti with an Aldila HM2000 Tour shaft in it.

I used to hit it really well, but then got in a driver slump and, of course, blamed the arrow. :roll:

I let it go dirt cheap. I really wished I had kept it as I think it was one of the best drivers for me. I still miss it sometimes, even with the 460cc monster I'm hitting now... :(

Kee
13th January 2005, 12:28 PM
Rossa Monza putter that was stolen :cry:

macleod
13th January 2005, 12:41 PM
my topflite xl2000 irons. sure their frequencies were all over the shop and the grips sucked but they were just such an easy set of irons to hit. been trying to find a replacement set but nothing at a realistic price has ever eventuated.

they had those big diamond soles, massive cavity...sigh....

Fishman Dan
13th January 2005, 12:43 PM
Other than Kee's story of theft, i guess this thread is particularly aimed at HO's? ;)

Can i post the club i mis-hit the most?

3oneday
13th January 2005, 12:46 PM
DP, no regrets, miss none of em.

Pete

davidp
13th January 2005, 12:50 PM
Other than Kee's story of theft, i guess this thread is particularly aimed at HO's? ;)

Can i post the club i mis-hit the most?

I never thought about it Fishy, but I guess it is. :o

Sure, if you'd like to post me the club you mishit the most, I'll sell it back to you in true ho' fashion. :P

Jarro
13th January 2005, 12:59 PM

Pete

.. me either :wink:

DavidP, how well did you hit that old 360Ti :shock: You were certainly hitting your current driver pretty well when i played with you at Ocean Shores 8)

davidp
13th January 2005, 01:11 PM

Pete

.. me either :wink:

DavidP, how well did you hit that old 360Ti :shock: You were certainly hitting your current driver pretty well when i played with you at Ocean Shores 8)

The driver I had before the 360Ti, was a Cobra (can't remember the model, but it was ice blue in colour). The first time I hit the 360Ti was at a blue marker day at Pacific. I hit the 360Ti low, long and arrow straight all day. For some reason, that driver seemed to be hot. Ho'ed a 7.5* 360Ti last year, but it wasn't as good.

It's the only club I regret selling although I'm starting to miss my HiCor driver I just sold. I think it's the shaft more than anything I'm missing.

BrisVegas
13th January 2005, 01:13 PM
Hard to say really. I think the clubs I have now are the best I've ever owned.

I have fond memories of my Tommy Armour 855s, especially the long irons. I've still got them, but the years of neglect have taken their toll on the grips, shafts and aesthetics. I can't afford to refurb them, so they'll just remain a memory.

I also had a cool Callaway War Bird 3+ that was very kind to me before I found a driver. That thing was a weapon around Wynnum and City! I'm gonna get it back soon from rok, so that probably doesn't count either.

Sorry, I got nuthin. :oops:

andylo
13th January 2005, 01:53 PM
Same here. :lol:

Pete

990B Luva
13th January 2005, 02:02 PM
my blade putter that dad bought for $3 from Cash Converters, i put a new grip on it and putted like a demon, then i got my current putter and sold it...... ask Juan how well i used that thing especially on the 4th at Logan in the Holden Scamble in 2003

amanda
13th January 2005, 02:59 PM
It's impossible to shift used ladies gear - so I have every club I've ever bought except my first set of irons - given away to a 60 y/o lady who wanted to learn golf. Don't miss those - but I miss the space in my apartment that my "used golf clubs" bag takes up :lol:

davidp
13th January 2005, 04:30 PM
It's impossible to shift used ladies gear - :lol:

There is just no market for it is there Amanda?

1. Not as many female golfers as men
2. Women don't farnarkle around with their equipment as much as men. :wink:

amanda
13th January 2005, 06:32 PM

Too right DP :? - the women at my club (bar 1 other besides myself) know nothing about golf clubs - they are using either the same set for the past 10 yrs or something their hubby's bought for them.

I'll have to start buying mens gear so at least I might be able to trade it in some time in the future :lol:

davidp
13th January 2005, 08:41 PM

Too right DP :? - the women at my club (bar 1 other besides myself) know nothing about golf clubs - they are using either the same set for the past 10 yrs or something their hubby's bought for them.

I'll have to start buying mens gear so at least I might be able to trade it in some time in the future :lol:

Or, I'll have an operation so I can ho some of your old :lol: gear...

3oneday
13th January 2005, 08:45 PM
Or, I'll have an operation so I can ho some of your old :lol: gear...if you really feel it is necessary :shock: :shock: lucky you gave up ho'ing, eh !!! :lol: :lol:

davidp
13th January 2005, 08:56 PM
Or, I'll have an operation so I can ho some of your old :lol: gear...if you really feel it is necessary :shock: :shock: lucky you gave up ho'ing, eh !!! :lol: :lol:

As I said, I'm only going to play with one set of "equipment." :lol: :lol: :lol:

markTHEblake
14th January 2005, 01:04 AM
A Prosimmon Tour Burner 10.5 degree driver, with a regular steel shaft, and was tiny, smaller than the persimmon driver i had.
I borrowed it off a mate for 1 round about 1989, and was the first steel driver I had ever hit.

There was at least 4 holes that day that i hit my longest drive ever, and i played it for another 6 years. 1 drive reached a 360m par 4. Was pin high on a 310m par 4 and no wind.

The next day i went out and bought the same model club (ironically the shop owner was my opponent that day) but got a 9 degree, and stiff graphite shaft.

Well it was longer but i never hit any of those freak drives again, not even close. Should have not given that 10.5 degree driver back to my mate. That club was a Holy Grail, still kicking myself over giving it back.

McMw
14th January 2005, 01:30 AM
u gave it back after using it for 6 years??? :shock:

markTHEblake
14th January 2005, 01:58 AM
i used it for 1 round. i bought the same model the next day

990B Luva
15th January 2005, 05:22 PM
ya shoulda got the same shaft blakey