PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Vs Tasmania

damoocow
27th June 2009, 05:19 PM
These two venues are currently being debated as the location of the next moocow family holiday just prior to Xmas [Japan is on the just missed out list] current family vote is 2-2 - we have about 2 weeks to do one of them in - I've pm'd Gaz as I know he was in Hawaii last year. Any info from ozgolfers appreciated, particularly international airlines to avoid.

Grunt
27th June 2009, 05:26 PM
go for Hawaii, but get out of Oahu, go to one of the other islands. I got married in Maui and it is beautiful but is quite expensive. I have heard that Kawai in just as nice but more a couples island. How old are your kids?

ParMaster
27th June 2009, 06:13 PM
Aloha. If i was one of your kids i'd be begging to go to hawaii over Tassie. Go play at Kapalua Plantation if you go there. Or Barbougle Dunes if you go to tassie. :)

henno
27th June 2009, 06:27 PM
If you look up at the night sky in Hawaii, you might even be lucky enough to spot a North Korean missile flying overhead.

Tomo
27th June 2009, 06:27 PM
Hawaii.

No chicks in bikinis in Tassie

Johnny Canuck
27th June 2009, 06:36 PM
Tasmania is one of the best parts of this country, it needs to be experienced.

Hawaii is great, but it would depend which island(s) you woul be heading to.

If I had to choose between the two, I would take Hawaii due to the "exoticness".

rodders
27th June 2009, 06:39 PM
Are you mad?

After spending the first 28 yrs of my life in Tassie, if I was one of your kids I would be screaming to go overseas (and no Bass Strait doesn't cut it!)

Having said that, Tassie is great but two weeks probably a bit boring if your not all playing golf.

As for airlines, cant beat singapore airlines but direct flight always best option. As for safety - no airline wants to lose a plane so go with best price. Food etc is not worth premium charged by some airlines.

gazgolf1
27th June 2009, 06:44 PM
If I had to choose between the two, I would take Hawaii due to the "exoticness".

and the blue drinks. ;)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g32/gazgolf1/Hawaii06054-1.jpg

razaar
27th June 2009, 06:48 PM
Damo...if you are like the rest of us, you will go where you're told - usually the most expensive of the options. :lol:

"we can see Australia any time"

Johnny Canuck
27th June 2009, 06:52 PM
and the blue drinks. ;)

good call.

goughy
27th June 2009, 06:58 PM
You said the votes 2-2. Is that you and the Mrs for Tasmania, and the two kids for Hawaii?

damoocow
27th June 2009, 11:37 PM
Goughy - the votes seem to be flexible depending on the mood - only worry is the Mrs said tonight that ..........'the airfares are expensive, maybe we should renovate the house instead ' ![ this in the middle of the worst bathroom reno ever] .....I'm sure the kids [11 and 14] would get a kick out of Hawaii and we can do a quick break in Fiji for bugger all extra with Air Pacific.........plenty of heated discussions to follow ! - the more I think about it I would be happy to just go to Straddie for a break and save the rest for the [been thinking about it since 1982] Isle of Man TT trip.

mike
28th June 2009, 12:56 AM
No such word. Try 'exoticity'

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2009, 01:48 AM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exoticness