PDA

View Full Version : Longest and most forgiving sonartec fairway

WaldoJeffers
24th June 2009, 07:37 PM
Hey,

Looking for some insight from some of the ho's out there who have played a few of the sonartec fairway models. Which is the longest, most forgiving and best off the tee and especially deck?

kev
24th June 2009, 07:40 PM
I've got the SS-2.5, and it works well for me. Don't know how it compares against the others though.

just
24th June 2009, 07:41 PM
LS 99

razaar
24th June 2009, 08:21 PM
There is no such thing as a forgiving Sonatec, they are a blade wood. If you can hit these woods consistantly well you can call yourself a ball-striker.

just
24th June 2009, 08:24 PM
Not all of them were that hard to hit, as stated before the LS 99 was very forgiving.

razaar
24th June 2009, 09:23 PM
My relationship with the SS-03 has been been a love hate relationship, mostly hate. It is no longer in my line-up, too unreliable and unforgiving. The only thing I haven't tried is a 41" shaft, which I considered at one point because the head feels much heavier than other 3-metal heads. It got to the point where I refused to spend more money on it. I have no trouble with its replacement a Cally Hot X which has a 44" shaft. I bought the Sony in 2001 from the Australian distributor at Cararra, who was also the distributor for KZG at the time. I was after a KZG 3-metal but he didn't have one and I got talked into buying the Sony mainly because the jap owner of the Company was in the shop at the time and he told a pretty mean pitch. I think it retailed at $590 less a couple of trades. I consider myself to be better than average with the fairway woods, but this one got my measure.