PDA

View Full Version : no sand wedge?

keyboard
23rd June 2009, 10:25 AM
Hi everybody, another newbie here, begging humbly for information :)

I started learning with a "hand me down" set from a relatives garage. They are very old, however, and I have been advised it would be easier to learn and play with a more modern set of irons with a little more "forgiveness". I have been looking on eBay, and I notice that many sets of irons are advertised as "4-PW" or "5-PW". Why do so many iron sets not include a sand wedge? I end up in the sand quite a bit :(

Jarro
23rd June 2009, 10:49 AM
Wedges are usually purchased as a seperate set .... ie. 52/56/60* wedges.

Most of the modern sets have PW's with strong lofts .... 45* or so, so a gap wedge can be really handy for bridging the gap between the PW and rest of your wedges.

Check out the pro-shop here, there are a few cheap sets of irons floating around .... i'm sure you could find something to help you on your way :)

Lucasto23
23rd June 2009, 10:51 AM
Hi everybody, another newbie here, begging humbly for information :)

I started learning with a "hand me down" set from a relatives garage. They are very old, however, and I have been advised it would be easier to learn and play with a more modern set of irons with a little more "forgiveness". I have been looking on eBay, and I notice that many sets of irons are advertised as "4-PW" or "5-PW". Why do so many iron sets not include a sand wedge? I end up in the sand quite a bit :(

I have a cheap for giving set and will through in three wedges for say $220. let me know if you want some picks

keyboard
24th June 2009, 11:59 AM
@jarro
thanks for the info

@Lucasto23
thanks for that - still windowshopping at the moment - also, the "Treasurer" has to be convinced its not just another fad :)

aussiemuggolfer
24th June 2009, 09:25 PM
@jarro
thanks for the info

@Lucasto23
thanks for that - still windowshopping at the moment - also, the "Treasurer" has to be convinced its not just another fad :)

Ah good luck with the treasurer i say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt093