PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Courses

Anonymous
11th January 2005, 07:12 PM
I'm cureently organising a few mates to play up at the Gold Coast in mid-March and would like some advice. We are playing Lakelands on Friday, Brookwater on Saturday and a few of the guys are keen to play The Glades on the Sunday. I have played there before but have heard it has gone a bit downhill. Is it still in good condition or should we go to Robina Woods or somewhere else?
Thanks

terryand
11th January 2005, 07:15 PM
I'm cureently organising a few mates to play up at the Gold Coast in mid-March and would like some advice. We are playing Lakelands on Friday, Brookwater on Saturday and a few of the guys are keen to play The Glades on the Sunday. I have played there before but have heard it has gone a bit downhill. Is it still in good condition or should we go to Robina Woods or somewhere else?
Thanks

Chucky, send Shavey a PM he works at Lakelands and might be able to help you out with other courses.

Terry.

Keza_G
11th January 2005, 08:04 PM
I reckon that Robina woods would be a better choice than The Glades....
I think that because Robina Woods would be cheaper and is a tougher traack to play... you would really get your money's worth at robina.. I have played the Glades quite a bit and have not found it much of a challenge and not worth the money you spend there...

Hope this helps......

Cheers

Keza_G

davidp
11th January 2005, 08:28 PM
Geez Chucky. You'll be burning a bit of money on green fees. :shock:

Sounds like a good week though.

Anonymous
11th January 2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys.
davidp, we go up once a year with about 10 blokes so we tend to play the better courses if we can. It costs plenty but it's a good couple of days of fairly serious but hungover golf. 8)

markTHEblake
11th January 2005, 10:17 PM
I have played all the courses on the gold coast except 2 and the public ones. I think its pretty fair to say i am not good enough to distinguish the difference between any of them.

So just go and play anywhere. Take a pick of Tallai or Boomerang farm for something special.

But if you want to play the hardest Par 3 and Par 5 (17th and 9th), i have ever seen for $30, head on over to Gold Coast Country Club. Play them off the back tee's if your into S&M.

Fishman Dan
11th January 2005, 11:15 PM
Chucky - try to get to Hope Island. I loved it, and the QLD'ers gave it a thumbs up after a recent trip.

Also, check out an Oz Golf Digest mag, they have companies advertising holidays who can package 3/4/5 rounds + accommodation for a competitive price.

Anonymous
12th January 2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks again guys. Fishman Dan we are using a company to package up the trip. They have been very good in the past and it makes it cheaper and easier.
MarktheBlake

I have played all the courses on the gold coast except 2 and the public ones. I think its pretty fair to say i am not good enough to distinguish the difference between any of them.
I'm not sure where your coming from? If it's some carryover from the other thread I've apologised.

Onewood
12th January 2005, 07:42 AM
Chucky, I see you have 10 coming up 8) if you would like anyone to make up 3 groups of 4, I would be interested in joining in for one of the rounds 8)

markTHEblake
12th January 2005, 08:44 AM
I'm not sure where your coming from? If it's some carryover from the other thread I've apologised.

its an absolute factual statement. I will enjoy myself equally on any course. i cant tell the difference.

BrisVegas
12th January 2005, 09:04 AM
I'm cureently organising a few mates to play up at the Gold Coast in mid-March and would like some advice. We are playing Lakelands on Friday, Brookwater on Saturday and a few of the guys are keen to play The Glades on the Sunday.

If you play Brookwater on a Saturday arvo and want an extra couple of players - give me a shout. Brooky17 is always keen for a hit at his home course. I'm always up for a game there too, finances permitting.... :wink:

Oh yeah - Hope Island is probably the pick of Gold Coast courses, in my opinion.

Jarro
12th January 2005, 03:12 PM
another big thumbs up for Hope Island here :smt023

simply the best track on the Gold Coast in my opinion.

Anonymous
12th January 2005, 04:56 PM
No worries BrisVegas and Onewood, I'd love to meet some of you guys. I'll see how the numbers stack up as the weekend approaches.

Anonymous
17th January 2005, 04:16 PM
I'm just working out travel details for some and was hoping a Brisbanite can help me. About how far or how long does it take to get from Burleigh to Brookwater and from Brookwater to Brisbane airport?

Cheers

Chucky

davidp
17th January 2005, 04:31 PM
Chucky, it depends what time of the day we are talking about travelling

If you're looking at late afternoon, you're going to hit the late afternoon traffic from the Gold Coast to Brisbane. It doesn't matter much once you hit the 4 lane stretch but the Pacific Highway is 2 lane closer to the Gold Coast.

My best guess for Burleigh -> Brookwater = 50 minutes providing there are no traffic accidents.

Brookwater -> Brisbane Airport = 45 - 50 minutes, again providing there are no accidents. Carry change as there are three tollways to negotiate.