PDA

View Full Version : Henno's work in progress

henno
17th June 2009, 05:24 PM
As a result of this thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13973), I took a quick lesson with Chris @ Vic Park.

A few before and after videos are below. The before vid is pretty much a full shot (just short of parallel) with 5-iron whereas the after vid is a 3/4 slow pitch shot with 9-iron.

Before - Camera 1:
Some obvious problems here. My feet are a little too far apart to begin with. Everything sort of slides forward then up and out of the swing. Once you watch the swing from the back you'll see why I do all of this business. It also looks (to me) like I flip and decellerate a bit through impact as well which would explain my "pensioner" distances.

j9Lfn6Vjzxw

Before - Camera 2:
Straight away you'll see I have what I'll refer to as "a case of the ziggys". That is, a curved spine and hunched shoulders. From there, all is lost and I have to do so much work just to get the clubhead anywhere near the ball on the way back down. My head moves down and up and back, and pretty much all over the place. And my shaft is so far off plane on the downswing it is no wonder I'm hitting high cuts. The reason for this is that if I stay on plane and don't stand up out of the swing I'll just about hit myself in the legs with my wrists due to the terrible posture at the start forcing me to do a dance to get things together once my spine straightens out.

eTfFgXMU-x8

After - Camera 1:
This is not a full swing, I know, but it's early days. Some improvements in setup, and my head is a lot more stable. It may not look like it, but this shot actually went quite a distance for what it is.

ab_0tYBfuEw

After - Camera 2:
Straight away you can see my spine looks much better. As a result my head and core are far more stable through most of the swing (there is a little movement of the head in and down then up and out through impact, but old habits die hard). The swing is much more on plane and stays there. Not more dipping, sliding and jumping out of the shot. The ball went left because my eye had still not adjusted to a straight shot, I was still looking for a cutter to the right.

esVyKzxYn6M

Feel free to critique and criticise. I have plenty of practice to do, and expect it all to break down during any rounds in the short to medium term. So to my group in the Nudgee Plate, remind me to straighten my spine if you see me hunching!

zacdullard
17th June 2009, 05:28 PM
Looks alright to a novice like myself. Are you hitting it much better?

Ned
17th June 2009, 05:39 PM
Ok so the golfswing is getting a make over, when is the golfswinger getting one ????

http://www.plasticsurgeon.com.au/content/home.asp?

henno
17th June 2009, 05:43 PM
Probably cheaper than golf lessons. :shock:

Ned
17th June 2009, 05:44 PM
Same outcome ???????:-k

henno
17th June 2009, 05:47 PM
Same outcome ???????:-k

My balls get wacked with greater consistency perhaps?

Ned
17th June 2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.abc-mallorca.com/wp-content/uploads/image/Articles/life,%20art%20and%20plastic%20surgery/plastic_surgery_majorca.jpg

AndyP
17th June 2009, 05:55 PM
So to my group in the Nudgee Plate, remind me to straighten my spine if you see me hunching!
Will you be bringing a full swing on Sunday? There's nothing wrong with a 3/4 swing, as they are usually the nicely timed shots.

henno
17th June 2009, 05:57 PM
Will you be bringing a full swing on Sunday?

Yep. They'll be the shots fore right!

Webster
17th June 2009, 05:58 PM
can you get your missus in the next vids pls...

zigwah
17th June 2009, 06:11 PM
i noticed in after camera 1, look how far forward your hips move toward the target instead of releasing the coil turning on a pole this is one of the things i am practicing atm

henno
17th June 2009, 06:14 PM
That should only be a couple of inches I suppose. But most of that lower body movement is a product of my posture. So if I at least sort that out, I can tweak the rest from there.

zigwah
17th June 2009, 06:17 PM
it's amazing how much that little bit takes to change i still nearly topple trying to turn and still move forward, bad habits set for a long time if you dont keep an eye on it b4 u know it ur doing the same thing again so frustrating

henno
17th June 2009, 06:22 PM
How much does that image in Before - Camera 2 look just like your old setup/address though, ziggy? (hunched over, etc)

And to think I was in your thread telling you to straighten your spine out. :-P

zigwah
17th June 2009, 06:25 PM
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgr een::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

zigwah
17th June 2009, 06:38 PM
We can share info Henno. how tall are you? i'm about 6'3" hopefully your close

henno
17th June 2009, 06:41 PM
6'2"

zigwah
17th June 2009, 06:46 PM
So we should swing it just about the same if you live near Raz get him to show you some of the stuff he showed me, GOLD

Eag's
17th June 2009, 06:56 PM
So what did you think of Chris mate?
I can't view the vids here at work, I will have a look at them when I get home.

henno
17th June 2009, 06:57 PM
Smooth operator. I liked his lesson a lot.

Eag's
17th June 2009, 06:58 PM
Good to hear :smt023

Toolish
17th June 2009, 07:29 PM
Looks like you are heading the right way for sure. Next thing I would look at if I were you is you are still flipping it through impact which could be part of the reason the ball went left.

Ned
17th June 2009, 07:36 PM
Henno,

whilst you are tall in statue, you are a pretty gangly guy, talk to Chris about this as a bookend like myself doesn't have the flex and whip that you guys do.

Good example is Brett Ogle or even look at Geoff Ogilvy.

Once you get that tightened up then sky is the limit. You have some good physical attributes that put you in good stead.

Bloody String Beans!:wink:

henno
17th June 2009, 07:44 PM
If anything I have too much flex. It has caused a few issues with the knees in years gone by. Lax ligaments bordering on hypermobility.

I just wish I had the swing to be able to use said flexibility and whippy levers.

Ned
17th June 2009, 07:49 PM
If anything I have too much flex. It has caused a few issues with the knees in years gone by. Lax ligaments bordering on hypermobility.

I just wish I had the swing to be able to use said flexibility and whippy levers.

Both of the above are actually positives.

Thats why I said about getting Chris to work with you in utilising these benefits.

Agility + Timing has a greater success rate then

Meat Head Muscle + Timing.

Not too many six pack muccle bulging golfers consistently stripping it, but the skinnier ones are.

Cricket is another good example, the worlds best Batsman have been of a similar mould OVERALL.

Occasionally like golf you get the meat head success.

Lucasto23
17th June 2009, 08:03 PM
keep it up henno, i'll have to see this guy soon as my swing has fallen apart:(

Yossarian
17th June 2009, 08:49 PM
The after looks sexy.

henno
17th June 2009, 09:05 PM
The after looks sexy.

Enough about the student, what about the swing?

:lol:

Yossarian
17th June 2009, 09:10 PM
:)
I like how quiet your legs and hips are on the after. Not that I am in any way qualified to comment on the golf swing so maybe I will just shut up :)

Ned
17th June 2009, 09:12 PM
:)
I like how quiet your legs and hips are on the after. Not that I am in any way qualified to comment on the golf swing so maybe I will just shut up :)

Got a foto of some quiet legs to post ???????????:-k

Yossarian
17th June 2009, 09:37 PM
Google it but you may want to put safe search on, possibly I used the wrong phrase... :)

Jarro
18th June 2009, 03:36 AM
Nice work henno.

When i had a lesson with Chris, he got me to do the same 3/4 swing (with 9 iron) to help get the posture/balance right. Another tip he gave was to hit balls with the weight on the left foot, left hip pushed further forward towards the target, and pushing my right foot backwards (like Virge's compression drill) This "hitting balls on one leg" drill really helps to get the sensation of hitting down and through the shot.

I noticed better distance and ballflight right away.

Jono
18th June 2009, 04:04 AM
Henno,

First of all, let me say that your swing looks better than what I had imagined. ;)

In your "before" swing, you are "laid off" at the top (ie. your shaft points left of the target at the top). You also seem to have a slightly closed face at the top (ie. your left wrist slightly arched and club face pointing to the sky). This is a position not unlike that of Lee Trevino's.

The thing is, Lee made an aggressive move inside. You get lazy and come over the top. You will benefit from what I've been working with Virge. Stay closed with the upper body and get the hands down first.

3oneday
18th June 2009, 06:15 AM
Henno,

blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

Have you tried lefthanded ?

Ned
18th June 2009, 06:43 AM
Is this sold yet ? :roll:

jaybam
18th June 2009, 09:10 AM
Why has this thread not yet been threadjacked??? What are you all doing on the weekend ;)

3oneday
18th June 2009, 09:17 AM
Dunno, ask the WA boys.

adlo
18th June 2009, 10:01 AM
Why has this thread not yet been threadjacked??? What are you all doing on the weekend ;)

Dunno, ask the WA boys.
See, you guys love it.

We are all reformed. We realised what was important in life.

just
18th June 2009, 10:05 AM
We realised what was important in life.
And that is????

adlo
18th June 2009, 10:07 AM
Obeying rules on forums. Being lifeless and towing the line.

I have never felt better.

henno
18th June 2009, 10:07 AM
Quite solitude and a humourless existence.

adlo
18th June 2009, 10:08 AM
And that is????

Obeying rules on forums. Being lifeless and towing the line.

I have never felt better.

Quite solitude and a humourless existence.
What have we done? :shock:

just
18th June 2009, 10:10 AM
You have now been assimilated.

AndyP
18th June 2009, 10:12 AM
Don't blame the rules. Blame your fellow forum members who beat you down.

adlo
18th June 2009, 10:20 AM
Just, that is exactly what it is.
AndyP, I blame both. And the immigants.

henno
18th June 2009, 10:24 AM
I blame Kevin Rudd. That's the fashionable thing to do these days isn't it?

adlo
18th June 2009, 10:26 AM
The is no fashion in the Borg. Fashion is futile.

Yossarian
18th June 2009, 10:30 AM
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength. :)

henno
10th July 2009, 05:43 PM
Ok, I've become a range flusher but a course chopper. Last night I was stripping it, to the point that I put the 3iron back in the bag for the first time in... forever. Today at Gailes I was lucky to get to the ball, let alone hit it well. Straight back to the range after the game today (quite literally) to iron out the problems and whadaya know, stripping it again.

More practice? More beer? Who cares?

I am just frustrated at the severe backward slide of my golf game, beyond the point of a few duffed shots to absolutely no confidence standing over the ball. I honestly feel like I am worse than the first day I picked up a club, and the scores agree. Perhaps AndyP is right; I need a break.

jaybam
10th July 2009, 05:46 PM
ozgolf curse lol it does exsist

TheTrueReview
10th July 2009, 05:57 PM
I am just frustrated at the severe backward slide of my golf game, beyond the point of a few duffed shots to absolutely no confidence standing over the ball. I honestly feel like I am worse than the first day I picked up a club, and the scores agree. Perhaps AndyP is right; I need a break.

Heroin would be an easier addiction to break than golf Henno. Break? Maybe a couple of days & then back on the horse.

Have you tried reading Bob Rotella's book, "Golf is not a Game of Perfect"?

zacdullard
10th July 2009, 05:59 PM
Stick at it. It will be a good feeling when you get through the other side.

Yossarian
10th July 2009, 06:04 PM
Going through the same sort of thing at the moment mate, you need some new clubs.

henno
10th July 2009, 06:07 PM
Going through the same sort of thing at the moment mate, you need some new clubs.

I couldn't even hit my 2i-hybrid today. It's not the tools, it's the tradesman.

PeteyD
10th July 2009, 06:08 PM
You shoulda bought the Diablos.

Yossarian
10th July 2009, 06:09 PM
I couldn't even hit my 2i-hybrid today. It's not the tools, it's the tradesman.

Seriously though I am going through the same thing, except I'm pushing balls 45* right every ten or so shots. Don't get it.

Have you had another lesson yet?

henno
10th July 2009, 06:12 PM
Have you had another lesson yet?

Nope. Only because I seem to be hitting them alright off the course. There's no use going over old stuff, and there's no use tackling new stuff until I can bring the old stuff for an actual 18 holes.

Actually, one hole would be nice.

PeteyD
10th July 2009, 06:15 PM
Stop going to the range. Play holes for your practice (even the par 3 at pathetic). Range gives false hope.

shazza_rs
10th July 2009, 06:20 PM
Have you thought about a playing lesson?

Yossarian
10th July 2009, 06:28 PM

What shazza said, something must be changing on the course.

I have just figured out I stand up a lot more because of the stress of actual play.

henno
10th July 2009, 06:35 PM

I asked Mr Mastercard, and he declined.

I have only played to my 'cap once, and the way I'm going I think my goal should be to get as many +0.1s under my belt as I can. 156 games should get me to 36. :mrgreen:

Jarro
10th July 2009, 06:38 PM
Have a break for a while mate .... sometimes you ingrain a lot of bad habits into your setup/swing/thought process.

Have a week off and come back and see what happens

henno
10th July 2009, 06:40 PM
I have purposely not gone to Pacific tonight to put my name down for next Saturday. I do have to host at Indro of course, but that will be a pleasure anyway as I have played there a hundred times.

just
10th July 2009, 06:42 PM
Henno
Its obviously a mental problem. I have found this has helped me:
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781592401574/Every-Shot-Must-Have-a-Purpose
There are plenty of others like it though.

Jarro
10th July 2009, 06:44 PM
just, no offence, but the thin white duke needs to simplify his outlook on golf ...

... reading a lot of thought process crapola is only gonna confuse the lad.

I feel he's putting too much pressure on himself to perform :-s

henno
10th July 2009, 06:47 PM
I think it's simple. I need to enjoy the game again. Blow all of this getting better malarkey. If I shoot 100+ I shoot 100+. So what.

Sledge away, flushers.

zacdullard
Have you tried reading Bob Rotella's book, "Golf is not a Game of Perfect"?
I borowed this off a mate today. Is it worth a read?

AndyP
Henno, if you want to work on your 'mental game', I'd be more than happy to lend you any or all of my Bob Rotella's, although you'll have to wait until my return.

Jarro
10th July 2009, 06:50 PM
get out and read some FHM mags and forget all about this stupid ****ing game !!!

just
10th July 2009, 06:51 PM
just, no offence, but the thin white duke needs to simplify his outlook on golf ...

... reading a lot of thought process crapola is only gonna confuse the lad.

I feel he's putting too much pressure on himself to perform :-s
Thats my point, Jarro, this book gives you the techniques simplify your thought processes so they don't interfere with your golf game. Just wanting it to be simpler ain't going to make it so. Basically you should be thinking about your shot before you make it, and once you've made the decision, commit to it, clear your mind and follow through.

henno
10th July 2009, 06:59 PM
Henno, if you want to work on your 'mental game', I'd be more than happy to lend you any or all of my Bob Rotella's, although you'll have to wait until my return.

Thanks Andy. I might take you up on that.

get out and read some FHM mags and forget all about this stupid ****ing game !!!

Funny enough, my missus is the one that buys FHM in my household so there is a healthy collection.

Basically you should be thinking about your shot before you make it, and once you've made the decision, commit to it, clear your mind and follow through.

That's my problem. I'm always thinking of the worst shot rather than the best.

Example: On the 10th today, after slicing the 9th I thought to myself, "I am so afraid of OOB right I need to make a few changes to ensure it stays left". Close the face a bit. Check. Strengthen the grip. Check. Swing inside. Check. Release the hands. Check. Result? Aim left, pull left, hook left. Left, left, left. So what happens on the next tee? Cut right. Rinse and repeat.

TheTrueReview
10th July 2009, 07:00 PM
I borowed this off a mate today. Is it worth a read?

Absolutely.

I think it's simple. I need to enjoy the game again. Blow all of this getting better malarkey. If I shoot 100+ I shoot 100+. So what.

That's the spirit. It's amazing what can happen with you take the pressure off.

just
10th July 2009, 07:08 PM
Example: On the 10th today, after slicing the 9th I thought to myself, "I am so afraid of OOB right I need to make a few changes to ensure it stays left". Close the face a bit. Check. Strengthen the grip. Check. Swing inside. Check. Release the hands. Check. Result? Aim left, pull left, hook left. Left, left, left. So what happens on the next tee? Cut right. Rinse and repeat.
And theres another thing, why changes mid game, save it for the range. We are choppers, find one swing and stick to it, if it goes right all the time learn to work with that.

AndyP
10th July 2009, 07:20 PM
Yep, you definitely need work on your mental game. It's shot.

Hux
13th July 2009, 08:41 PM
Just give up chopper....it's easier....It's the Homer way :-)

I have been heading north lately too. HCP sneaking up .1 at a time.
Funny its only at Bribie in comps. Work social club is a different game with decent scores...relatively.
Took a weekend off and hit the range, relax and practice and then go back. Fresh outlook helps. Still only had 31 pts on Sat but was a lot more relaxed about my game and had more positives off than negatives for a change. To the point I am looking forward to next Sunday to keep working on the positives and not stressing about the negs.

PeteyD
13th July 2009, 08:51 PM

This is yer problem. Too much thinking about it. You need to just go and hit the little bugga and not worry about what happens to it for a while. Easy to say but hard to do.

xe1
14th July 2009, 08:19 AM
Henno,

Tee off late (unless you wanna look like a full alco) have a beer before you tee off for a change & put a few beers in the bag this will loosen you up, sip away and just hit the ball without thinking too much about it...got to come down some where right!

Don't know who wrote it but they gave the analogy to sign your signature -you just do it - then to trace over it again inside the lines -DIFFICULT AND TOO MUCH PURPOSE- apply this to your swing on course play with what you got.

good luck and let us how you go

XE

henno
21st September 2009, 07:36 PM
Those of you who have had the displeasure of having played with me will know I have a problem with, err, consistency. My miss is either a straight pull or a pull-slice. Lately, the dreaded shanks have also found their way into my game. I can feel myself pulling the club way inside on the backswing and way open and way low. Well, after another lesson tonight in the hope of a quick "tune-up" I can tell you that it was far worse that I thought. Exhibit A:

Gw2Om_PJ08U

From this angle you're probably thinking it just looks like a lot of lateral movement causing the shanks. You'd be wrong (well partly right, that's not the end of the story). I give you Exhibit B:

LTAIQkj9UHo

Nasty, nasty stuff. It's no wonder I have no consistency. Honestly, is it even possible to open the club any more inside on the backswing?

So I did a bunch of drills trying to turn and raise my hands up high. I have to tell you, this feels absolutely foreign to me. Naturally a bit of OTT remains but I think I need to fix the chicken before I worry about the egg.

CiU81mTiuk4

I still move around a bit, but hey, I'll take it for now.

ZOcHvGJqYZ0

Still far from elegant, and I have to be honest, feels like absolute shit swinging like that.

Where to next, who knows.

Scottt
21st September 2009, 07:39 PM
Ugly better DTL looks really good IMO, and you maintain that posture well! What camera are you using to get that. It's so far better than the usual nighttime driving range witness protection stuff posted on here :lol:

henno
21st September 2009, 07:42 PM
What camera are you using to get that. It's so far better than the usual nighttime driving range witness protection stuff posted on here :lol:

It's the footage provided by Chris @ Vic Park after the lesson. There's a booth with 3 or 4 fixed cameras from all angles.

jaybam
21st September 2009, 07:43 PM
Vic park driving range is looking good. Would look better if that clown in the red shirt would get out of the way ;)

Scottt
21st September 2009, 07:47 PM
It's the footage provided by Chris @ Vic Park after the lesson. There's a booth with 3 or 4 fixed cameras from all angles.

Ahhh, right. Fancy lesson... no wonder you got all dressed up! :lol:

Yossarian
21st September 2009, 07:48 PM
Swing changes, the weirder it feels the better you are going along imo. Second swing looks really good DTL henno.

Hux
21st September 2009, 07:52 PM
Nice change Henno. Try not to practice it too much - don't want you getting better than me to quickly. The changes take a lot of advantage to you being slim and young, the early ones look like something a fat old b@#$&ard like me needs.

henno
21st September 2009, 07:53 PM
Ahhh, right. Fancy lesson... no wonder you got all dressed up! :lol:

Standard work kit, hence the same shirt months later. :mrgreen:

Scottt
21st September 2009, 07:54 PM
:lol: I thought they were the same night!

TheTrueReview
21st September 2009, 08:05 PM
Standard work kit, hence the same shirt months later. :mrgreen:

Is that the standard work kit you wear when you're around those standard work retards each day?? ;)

zacdullard
21st September 2009, 08:28 PM
Fantastic improvement Henno, keep it up.

dhills2
22nd September 2009, 10:38 AM
Henno, nice work mate, your second swing vid looks heaps better.

Obviously this is just another opinion coming from a hack but I have found that flaring my toes outward a bit on setup (as opposed to standing dead square) has allowed me to get a bit more hip rotation on the way back which seems to have resulted in more uncoiling & less sliding/lateral movement on the way back down.

I also feel as though my upper & lower half feel more connected on the downswing if I let the hands remain a little more passive on the takeaway & let the rotation of my torso allow for the clubface to open up more gradually (when I practice I'm just trying to keep that top triangle in front of my chest & keep a nice wide arc until my right elbow is ready to fold)... I may be talking absolute dribble & I am still struggling with consistency but I feel as though these things have allowed me to start building a more repeatable swing.

I'm of a similar age as you Henno but with the flexibility of a 60 year old man so you may be able to achieve the hip rotation without flaring the toes out!

Any criticism of my 2 bob worth is welcomed as I am currently on a similar journey as Henno & would love to be progressing at the same rate... methinks I should just go work on some half wedge shots for a while.

gazgolf1
6th October 2009, 09:38 PM
How much do they sting for a lesson Henno? or did you buy a package?

dhills2
7th October 2009, 10:10 AM
Henno doesn't have a package? :)

henno
7th October 2009, 10:19 AM
How much do they sting for a lesson Henno? or did you buy a package?

I bought a couple (one hour and one half-hour). I think it was around the 50-60 dollar mark for the half hour lesson from memory.

Jarro
9th October 2009, 05:26 PM
Nice stuff henno, you're on your way :)

henno
1st December 2009, 07:44 PM
A few more recent swings. I'll probably cross-post this in the "Flattest swing on Ozgolf (http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=404317#post404317)" thread... because it is.

It is worth noting that the wind is howling from the right in these vids, as evidenced by the flag on the right flapping and bending its ring off (best seen in the real-time vids). Also, the camera was sitting on top of a bin that was moving around (thanks Michelle for breaking the tripod), so nothing is perfectly aligned DTL, horizontally or vertically. Also, perspective appears a little wacky; blame the dodgy PAS camera I was using.

Slo-mo shots first:

7-iron slow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wKpuXkzRAQ)
3-wood slow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNBCQxFh9Q0)
Driver slow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUVOT50pLpA)

The same vids, but in real time with sound and a few other dodgy swings are here:

7-iron (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3zcrvgs1Zs)
3-wood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVd_bSMurA)
Driver (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQWZGotnuk)

As usual, sledge away.

Yossarian
1st December 2009, 08:08 PM
I like that the related video for your driver swing is a Kanye West video...

Imma let you finish but henno has the flattest swing of all time!

PeteyD
1st December 2009, 08:17 PM
Dunno if I'd be game to look at vids of my swing.

zigwah
1st December 2009, 08:17 PM
You don't have much of a shoulder turn mate, been trying shorten the swing? because it's shorter, try and swing more upright in your swing, with the shoulder, get that left point of your shoulder right under your chin. meh what would i know

Iain
1st December 2009, 08:29 PM
Looks like he's got heaps of shoulder turn, just a short arm swing...

henno
1st December 2009, 08:53 PM
It may not be so evident in those vids, but I can get heaps of shoulder turn when I want to. I wasn't exactly trying to bust the cover off the ball in those videos. Possibly the only thing going for me is flexibility and core strength, so shoulder turn is not an issue. Like Iain said, it's more that my arms and wrists aren't doing much beyond the work of the shoulders.

AndyP
1st December 2009, 08:54 PM
meh what would i knowThere's a signature for someone.

Jarro
1st December 2009, 08:55 PM
henno, you really look like you need to straighten your back up a bit ... you really seem slouched over at address.

henno
1st December 2009, 09:00 PM
I noticed that as well, jarro. I blame laziness at the range as my posture is not normally that slouchy, especially in the shoulders.

Eag's
1st December 2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah for a tall bloke you really do stoop down. I still think if you can improve your posture and maybe slow your tempo a touch, you will see immediate results.
Just an observation Adam keep working hard mate.
*Yes I did say let his coach sort him out which he will, just my 10c*

grandmasterb
2nd December 2009, 08:39 AM
Have you ever tried swinging on a leaderboard henno???

Just curious is all as i know its pretty hard to swing flat/cast or swing from the back on one of those without falling off :D

just
2nd December 2009, 09:27 AM
I got nothing for you....

... other than listen to your teaching pro and not some blokes on the internet. But where would the fun be in that.

zigwah
3rd December 2009, 08:52 PM
You don't have much of a shoulder turn mate, been trying shorten the swing? because it's shorter, try and swing more upright in your swing, with the shoulder, get that left point of your shoulder right under your chin. meh what would i know

Keep checking your swing out henno, wether you like it or not were kinda similar with where we struggle :)

Looking at the slo mo swings of the 7 iron 3 wood and driver the plain is just about perfect for the posture that you have.

I think if we can fix that posture up we will be well on our way :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyfLTXgd6jg

AndyP
3rd December 2009, 10:09 PM
henno, wether you like it or not were kinda similar

henno
4th December 2009, 08:02 AM
Zig, you really are the best troll ever. I mean, saying we are very similar yet making a whole swag of grammatical errors while making that statement is pure genius. Honestly, I'm impressed.

You almost had me too. ;-)

virge666
4th December 2009, 10:24 AM
Henno,

I would be happy to hear what your coach has to say with regards to switching you over to a single plane.

There seems to be a few pro's who are on the Jim Hardy band wagon over the last couple of years, I know the AIS use a bit of his stuff.

Share the love !

PS: Love the shoulder turn.

zigwah
4th December 2009, 10:41 AM
Zig, you really are the best troll ever. I mean, saying we are very similar yet making a whole swag of grammatical errors while making that statement is pure genius. Honestly, I'm impressed.

You almost had me too. ;-)

didn't even have to think about it either just let everyone else let me know what it is.