PDA

View Full Version : Important US Open Punting Information: Who Not To Back

Coogee Beach
17th June 2009, 12:45 PM
So I found $90 in this Sporting Bet account and had a lash at the US Open Golf Tournament this week.

To wit:

$10 on Camilo Villegas to win @ $41 - the Columbian is 12 in the world, a regular Top-10 man this year and due to make his mark and take the US Open back to Columbia where he can cover it with honey and coke and eat it. Or just have a beer. Either way - go Camilo.

$10 on Tim Clark to win @ $67. Granted he has won little bar the Aussie Open and various South African Troppo Tour events, but the little Jaapie has one of those horrid broomstick putters that seem to slot the pill into the hole pretty regular. Plus he's playing consistently and probably due. Granted not a prerequisite for "winning" being "due" as Sergio would tell you. But he's going okay and 66-1 is overs.

$10 on Camilo Villegas for first-round low score @ $51. For no reason other than having interest on Day One.

$10 on Anthony Kim to post the event’s low-round @ $81. This guy has the game to shoot low. Not for four days, though, I don't think, so hopefully he'll make the Cut and go crazy on the Sunday when he's no chance.

$50 on Geoff Ogilvy to get in the Top-25 at $1.60. A saver. Big consistent Geoffthro Tull to get money back with a Top-25 finish after threatening middle of Day-3.

So there you go. Tiger will win, have the low first-round score which will also be the tournament’s low-score.

And Geoff Ogilvy will not only miss the Cut he will be struck by lightning and die.

Get on.

Captain Nemo
17th June 2009, 01:29 PM
Take it all day, he's been super consistent this year!

Jim Furyk TOP 10 http://www.sportingbet.com.au/app_themes/sbastandard/images/blank.gif @http://www.sportingbet.com.au/app_themes/sbastandard/images/blank.gif3.00 (javascript:placeSportBet('Golf > US Open > US Open Outright - Eachway Top 5 > US Open - Top 10','18/06/2009 20:30:00',1223287,42,'Jim Furyk',101,3,0,'False');) http://www.sportingbet.com.au/app_themes/sbastandard/images/blank.gif http://www.sportingbet.com.au/app_themes/sbastandard/images/blank.gif

Coogee Beach
17th June 2009, 01:36 PM
Good putter, in-form, won it before.

Fine bet.

virge666
17th June 2009, 01:37 PM
Take it all day, he's been super consistent this year!

Jim Furyk TOP 10 http://www.sportingbet.com.au/app_themes/sbastandard/images/blank.gif @http://www.sportingbet.com.au/app_themes/sbastandard/images/blank.gif3.00 (http://javascript<b></b>:placeSportBet('Golf > US Open > US Open Outright - Eachway Top 5 > US Open - Top 10','18/06/2009 20:30:00',1223287,42,'Jim Furyk',101,3,0,'False');) http://www.sportingbet.com.au/app_themes/sbastandard/images/blank.gif http://www.sportingbet.com.au/app_themes/sbastandard/images/blank.gif

But he is an angry prick who is about as fun to watch as having your puppy bashed.

Captain Nemo
17th June 2009, 01:47 PM
True, but i think he's the value.
I saw him smile last week, i think when he chipped in at some stage!:smt038

Coogee Beach
17th June 2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah - you wouldn't watch him for fun, the great gangly robot.

And his swing should almost be out-lawed.

But 2-1 whether he'll make Top-10 ... gotta be value, the form he's in.

zigwah
17th June 2009, 05:22 PM
I have a feeling about Allenby, may redeem himself in the publics eyes we love a winner and then love to cut them down to size,

parlyboy
17th June 2009, 08:27 PM
What are the odds of Adam Scott not making the cut? Has to be a sure thing!

23Rounder
17th June 2009, 09:03 PM
I would suggest Adam Scott not making the cut should be around $1.20 right now... and this saddens me as I am a big fan

parlyboy
17th June 2009, 09:13 PM
I would suggest Adam Scott not making the cut should be around $1.20 right now... and this saddens me as I am a big fan
Yeah i would like to see him do well again, but he has been too busy boozing and shagging hot chicks around the globe, which is fine if your Adam Scott.
Good Golf = Big $$$
Booze + Chicks = Costs $$$

Tough choice....

steverawlo
18th June 2009, 01:05 PM
Scott is 1.86 each way to make / not make the cut with Centrebet

virge666
18th June 2009, 01:11 PM
True, but i think he's the value.
I saw him smile last week, i think when he chipped in at some stage!:smt038

Nah - not long enough - he woudl have to middle his hybrids for four days...

virge666
18th June 2009, 01:11 PM
Scott is 1.86 each way to make / not make the cut with Centrebet

Seriously ???

I will be on that... What about Mickleson ?

Coffs_Hacker
18th June 2009, 01:26 PM
whats the odds for an aussie not winning??

henno
18th June 2009, 01:28 PM
I'll give you 1.0000000001

Captain Nemo
18th June 2009, 03:06 PM
Nah - not long enough - he woudl have to middle his hybrids for four days...

He hits his hybrids well, i think he will still be competetive, chips and putts well, and is straight with the driver.

steverawlo
18th June 2009, 03:56 PM
Seriously ???

I will be on that... What about Mickleson ?

Mickelson 1.18 to make the cut, 4.40 to miss the cut

Jarro
18th June 2009, 04:04 PM
Why not have a lash on how many foul-mouthed pissed septics get thrown out of the tournament ?

Do they have any odds for that ?

virge666
18th June 2009, 04:19 PM
Mickelson 1.18 to make the cut, 4.40 to miss the cut

$4.40 to miss the cut has to be an option - Dying Missus and everything.

He was rubbish last week

3oneday
18th June 2009, 04:33 PM
He's not even there yet ? arriving the day before a major, surely he'd miss the cut !

henno
18th June 2009, 05:06 PM
I'm Gay this week.

So you were the one on the barbie bed (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=332155&postcount=293)?

Coogee Beach
18th June 2009, 05:15 PM
They've got him 2nd favourite, the great ****in sugary-sacharine-smiling toothy ****in galoot.

I mean ... Phil. Whose missus is crook.

Him.

yeah - he's about 15-1, i think. Obviously the Tige is $3. And you'll get about that for Ogilvy, and a couple others ... up to 20s.

But maybe Phil will go around Bethpage feeling all the Seppo love and smiling, and saying, aw shucks, aint that kinda nice, that's kinda nice, every ****in one of you is ****in kinda ****in nice, and i tip my ****in hat and smile like a ****.

ha.

Isn't it funny how Aussies generally don't like him. All that false, smarmy crap. But the Septics lick it up like melted candy floss, or something. I was going to go with pavlova.

anyway. **** Phil.

I wouldn't back him with Zimbabwean money.

Coogee Beach
18th June 2009, 05:16 PM
Which is not to say he won't win.

Russ
18th June 2009, 05:25 PM
They've got him 2nd favourite, the great ****in sugary-sacharine-smiling toothy ****in galoot.

I mean ... Phil. Whose missus is crook.

Him.

yeah - he's about 15-1, i think. Obviously the Tige is $3. And you'll get about that for Ogilvy, and a couple others ... up to 20s.

But maybe Phil will go around Bethpage feeling all the Seppo love and smiling, and saying, aw shucks, aint that kinda nice, that's kinda nice, every ****in one of you is ****in kinda ****in nice, and i tip my ****in hat and smile like a ****.

ha.

Isn't it funny how Aussies generally don't like him. All that false, smarmy crap. But the Septics lick it up like melted candy floss, or something. I was going to go with pavlova.

anyway. **** Phil.

I wouldn't back him with Zimbabwean money.

I enjoy watching Phil play. Actually, if I had to watch 1 player more than others, I'd pick Phil.

Webster
18th June 2009, 05:46 PM
You must be a tit man Russ...

Russ
18th June 2009, 06:10 PM
Haha ... be nice.

adlo
18th June 2009, 06:19 PM
You must be a tit man Russ...
Awesome :smt038

Anyway, that bet for Mcbitchtits missing the cut has me thinking. Seems like a fair chance he will miss the cut.

Coogee Beach
18th June 2009, 07:03 PM
I enjoy watching Phil play. Actually, if I had to watch 1 player more than others, I'd pick Phil.

Really? I mean ... really??

Intriguing - seriously.

How come?

Because I can't look at the prick without thinking, What a ****in dick.

But you obviously see something else ... i mean - god, the game ... The Game! I mean, there's Tiger out there on his Pat. But you could make a case the clear No.2 is Lefty.

But I just look at the guy and ... I dunno. All that toothy "goodness" - it just doesn't look fair dinkum. Signing a ball and giving it some golden-haired kiddy. While the cameras are there. It's like Disneyland, all cute ... and ... sugary ... and .... ****in ...

Actually, you know what he's like? Phil Mickelson?

Alvin.

From Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Jarro
18th June 2009, 07:05 PM
Lefty thinks his way around courses like a lot of us hacks.

Driver in the rough, hack at a wedge, sink a lot of long putts.

He's the high-cappers hero !!

Coogee Beach
18th June 2009, 07:53 PM
There'll be a motherlode of fellow Seppos driving him round, that's all, yelling and going "Whoop!", and all that malarkey.

But 4.40 to miss the Cut ... you'd get on it just for that German word for Scheudenfraude.

I think it's Scheudenfraude.

Johnny Canuck
18th June 2009, 08:03 PM
Really? I mean ... really??

Intriguing - seriously.

How come?

Because I can't look at the prick without thinking, What a ****in dick.

But you obviously see something else ... i mean - god, the game ... The Game! I mean, there's Tiger out there on his Pat. But you could make a case the clear No.2 is Lefty.

But I just look at the guy and ... I dunno. All that toothy "goodness" - it just doesn't look fair dinkum. Signing a ball and giving it some golden-haired kiddy. While the cameras are there. It's like Disneyland, all cute ... and ... sugary ... and .... ****in ...

Actually, you know what he's like? Phil Mickelson?

Alvin.

From Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I'm getting a similar feeling reading your posts today. You hammered?

$5.00 to miss the cut on sportingbet.com.au

Coogee Beach
18th June 2009, 08:15 PM
[quote=Johnny Canuck;332342]I'm getting a similar feeling reading your posts today. You hammered?

What do you mean?

Is there a No Swearing rule?

Is this a Christian website?

You can't swear? Rant? Carry on?

What do you mean? Example?

adlo
19th June 2009, 01:48 AM
You seem a touch fired up today. Chill oot.

First round stopped due to rain with less than 4 hours played.

Could be a problematic Open.

parlyboy
20th June 2009, 09:55 PM
Fk...i think ive done my $10 on Adam Scott not to make cut @ $1.83.

And i backed Harrington to make top 10.....shite.