PDA

View Full Version : What is the best putter grip you guys reckon?

andylo
10th January 2005, 12:35 PM
;)

markTHEblake
10th January 2005, 12:49 PM
the one that goes in the hole!

990B Luva
10th January 2005, 12:52 PM
it is all personal preference ALoHo

andylo
10th January 2005, 12:55 PM
Umm.... Putter grip... not Putting grip guys :)

Jarro
10th January 2005, 01:12 PM
i want to get one of those C-thru grips. they feel great, plus you can put a picture of something that tickles your fancy underneath.

I saw some in the pro-shop at Gailes G.C.

davidp
10th January 2005, 01:15 PM
...Andy, still personal preference. Comes down to a feel thing with putting. To me a choice of grip comes down to -

What grip lets you hold the putter with just the right amount of tension (or lack of)?
What grip holds up in the heat and doesn't feel wet?

I'm partial to Winn putter grips myself. Currently using a Winn midsize grip so I don't squeeze the putter too hard. Also didn't mind the Avon Chamois grip either.

BrisVegas
10th January 2005, 01:18 PM
I like the ones with the flat top section. They make it easy to line up your thumbs in the same spot every time. Don't think i could putt with a round grip.

goughy
10th January 2005, 06:19 PM
I'm with vegas. Gotta love that falt section. I'm partial to winn grips. My NC putter grip was made by winn and it was soft and tacky. I just got a ping avs grip made by winn and it is fantastic. And am getting a new NC grip at the mo.

macleod
11th January 2005, 08:07 AM
try an Odyssey DFX 2 ball putter grip from golfworld....still is the best grip i've ever used.

kind of a hybrid paddle/pistol. should be $15 if they still do them.

nice flat upper front area but still with a rounded back to the grip and tour velvet feel with some traction.

Jarro
11th January 2005, 09:03 AM
try an Odyssey DFX 2 ball putter grip from golfworld....still is the best grip i've ever used.

kind of a hybrid paddle/pistol. should be $15 if they still do them.

nice flat upper front area but still with a rounded back to the grip and tour velvet feel with some traction.

yeah.... they're great :smt023

.. probably the best thing about those 2-ball putters :wink:

3oneday
11th January 2005, 09:49 AM
.. probably the best thing about those 2-ball putters :wink:tosser :P

did you notice Pete Lonards grip, I am sure I saw the word Bulldogs running down it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Pete

Jarro
11th January 2005, 09:58 AM
did you notice Pete Lonards grip, I am sure I saw the word Bulldogs running down it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Pete

yeah lifter, i saw it :roll: .... made me wanna puke :smt078

Has anyone here tried one of those C-thru grips :?:

Fishman Dan
11th January 2005, 10:07 AM

Pete

I got a photo of Lonard's grip from the NSW Open - clearly a Bulldogs fan.

Jarro
11th January 2005, 10:10 AM
I've seen that bulldogs logo on some of the "Rapier" brand stuff too. :roll:

that's crazy mate .. you must be on "drugs" :wink:

3oneday
11th January 2005, 10:37 AM

Pete

I've seen that bulldogs logo on some of the "Rapier" brand stuff too. :roll:missed it the first time, got it the second....
very funny, kids :P

McMw
13th January 2005, 12:40 AM
I hate anything winn grip...they're disgusting...they wear out so quickly, and it's just not a grip to use in the tropics...

go with the Royal Grip...

GolfPrides are good...but be different...Royal Grip... :wink:

andylo
13th January 2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks guys.

For some reason the SC grip comes with the RedX is quite slippey and I have the firm up a grip quite a bit so I lost the feel.

I will have some investigation on those you guys have suggested. Thanks very much :)

Keza_G
13th January 2005, 07:40 AM
Andy

I have a Ping CrazE as you know and I think the blue wrapped thingy around the grip is the nicest ever... It's soft, a little tacky and has a slightly flat feeling front.... Love it and reccomend it...

Would love to have a c thru grip tho.....but what to put under it ????? mmmmmm, don't want to get thrown off a course cause of what is under my putter grip and Ladies golf do things like that.
:shock:
Cheers

Keza

Jarro
18th January 2005, 05:31 PM
Andy

I have a Ping CrazE as you know and I think the blue wrapped thingy around the grip is the nicest ever... It's soft, a little tacky and has a slightly flat feeling front.... Love it and reccomend it...

great suggestion Keza :smt023

i love these grips too, so i decided to buy one from Ben :wink:

McMw
18th January 2005, 06:23 PM
those ping blue grips are crap for the weather we get here....
I'm sure if I was still in perth, I would love it too... :)

Jono
18th January 2005, 11:50 PM
I second (or third, or fourth, etc) the Winn grips. Got it on my 8802. In Red. It goes well with the black and red Sonartec 3 wood cover which I use on my putter. :lol:

C-thru grips ... Hmmm ... any guess what Jarro might put under it? 1973 Penthouse Pet of the Year, perhaps? :wink:

Jarro
19th January 2005, 03:48 AM
C-thru grips ... Hmmm ... any guess what Jarro might put under it? 1973 Penthouse Pet of the Year, perhaps? :wink:

.. i was thinking of something from "Uncle Roccos House of Fun" :D