PDA

View Full Version : Rattlestop ?

3oneday
15th June 2009, 11:16 AM
Is there a product you can buy to spray into a head to stop something from moving around ?

A guy bought an R7 460 over on the weekend with a shocking rattle, like a stone almost ! I tried removing the weights and sticking some heat in but it did nothing.

Is there something like rattlestop or the like that you can stick in that won't affect the weight etc ?

virge666
15th June 2009, 11:18 AM
Fill it with Acetone and leave it overnight - it will eat whatever is in there. (CORK IT - else it will evaporate.)

otherwise golf works have a product.

henno
15th June 2009, 11:19 AM
I watched that video of the Nike tour van on ISG a while back, and the guy there injected that rat glue stuff that doesn't fully set. He was using it to get the swing weight right of course, but he mentioned it had the added bonus of catching any rattles as they stick to the goo inside.

kwantfm
15th June 2009, 12:06 PM
I watched that video of the Nike tour van on ISG a while back, and the guy there injected that rat glue stuff that doesn't fully set. He was using it to get the swing weight right of course, but he mentioned it had the added bonus of catching any rattles as they stick to the goo inside.

+1... will make it sound/feel super solid too.

3oneday
15th June 2009, 12:08 PM
That's lovely, so will someone at Bunning look at my mate stupidly (sorry, more stupidly than usual... it is Bunnings afterall !) if he asks for Rat Glue ?????

Tomson
15th June 2009, 01:01 PM
There is another trick if you heat up vasonline to a liquid then use a syringe to inject it to the head if the rattle is in there it will usually get stuck in the vasoline when it goes hard.

PeteyD
15th June 2009, 01:02 PM
Can someone explain the rat glue stuff?

3oneday
15th June 2009, 01:12 PM
There is another trick, .......... get stuck into it.......... vasoline ........when it goes hard.
:shock:

:lol:

Sydney Hacker
15th June 2009, 01:57 PM
Why bother it's not like you are going to have it for a long time...:lol:

haysey
15th June 2009, 02:47 PM
:shock:

:lol:

:mrgreen: He's a bit funny like that

Tomson
15th June 2009, 02:53 PM
I'm funny, funny like a fox...

are you working at the moment.. are you going to driving range this arvo?

haysey
15th June 2009, 03:08 PM
I'm funny, funny like a fox...

are you working at the moment.. are you going to driving range this arvo?

No, no you're not. No, yes......and stop threadjacking:smt079

Need a lift?

moree golfer
15th June 2009, 03:18 PM
How to inject rate glue, wouldn't it be a little too viscous to get through a needle into a head? I have a 'sometime' rattle in my 425TP, sometimes it must get stuck to glue already in there but heat must allow it to break loose again and make a rattle. Might give the rat glue a try, if I can get it here in town!

Tomson
15th June 2009, 03:21 PM
I promise it will be the last time I threadjack....

nah just wanted to see if you wanted to play a few holes.. or hit some balls.

3oneday
15th June 2009, 03:33 PM
Why bother it's not like you are going to have it for a long time...:lol:

sorry, error in the first post. A guy brought a driver to me with a rattle in it....

Your point however is valid ;)

Grunt
15th June 2009, 03:35 PM
Pete, I have some of the Golf Works Rattle Stop here if you need it Pete. Worked for my R7 460 when it had the rattle.

3oneday
15th June 2009, 03:36 PM
Grant, thanks so much for that Grant.

He's trying the acetone thing firstly 8)

daMANiack
19th July 2009, 12:12 AM
Hi,

I'm reshafting someone's driver that was sent to me after the shaft had been extracted.

Whilst cleaning the hosel of old epoxy, the set epoxy at the base of the hosel dropped into the head as someone had previously drilled through the hosel plug, I only use a diamond coated dremell cylinder to clean hosel, no need to ever use drill for the above reason.

I can see the hard epoxy through the hosel hole, but it's too large to remove through the hosel hole.

Now, as the head is a composite head, I assume the composite material is epoxied to the metal base.

If I use acetone to hopefully dissolve the hard epoxy, will the acetone dissolve or damage the glue used to attach base substates together?

Cheerz :) :D ;)

WaldoJeffers
19th July 2009, 12:32 AM
Grant, thanks so much for that Grant.

Lol subtle pun, well played

daMANiack
20th July 2009, 09:08 AM
Hi,

https://www.myostrichgolf.com/clubmakers/product_info.php?products_id=220

Cheerz :) :D ;)

How to inject rate glue, wouldn't it be a little too viscous to get through a needle into a head?