PDA

View Full Version : Australia Day (Jan 26) at Camden Valley

jimandr
8th January 2005, 07:28 PM
Weekday public holidays are my best chance to host a Sydneysiders tournament, so...... is there any interest?

At this early stage the sheet isn't available, so I can't book anything, but it should be available Wednesday, and if I can get in early, a block of three or four groups shouldn't be a problem.

From my experience, the most likely time for a gap in the booking sheet is between 9.30 and 11.00, so that's what I'll aim for.

I definitely WILL NOT be organising a game for 6.50am, even with a 3.00am wake up call.

If there is any interest I'll find out the cost when I book in.

marcel
8th January 2005, 07:38 PM
Jim,

thanks for going to the effort, unfortunately it's the bride's Birthday on Oz day so best I don't venture out.

Trung
8th January 2005, 07:41 PM
I organised a game
I booked the tee time
I advised all attendees
You agreed to the tee time
You slept in
You failed to turn up
I copped a left jab to the head from the club pro

Continuing to blame me for your failure to turn up should be in the next Mastercard's advert =D>

Shame on you Jim, shame on you Jim [-X :-k [-(

:smt016

Golfgirl
9th January 2005, 09:26 AM
Sorry Jim, public holidays mean that daycare is closed, so I am at home with the nipper..... :(

Fishman Dan
9th January 2005, 09:21 PM
If there's interest i'll stay tuned, but most likely spend the day in town watching the ferry race.

burger
10th January 2005, 12:10 PM
sorry guys. not good for me either :cry:

Goodonya jim for organising tho . . .

Grunt
10th January 2005, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately I'm a no too. Qantas has me working again that day, shift work you have got to love it!!!

zipptopp
10th January 2005, 08:31 PM
Jim

I should be o.k. for this date. Maybe a change of venue will improve my game, I sure can't get any worse than I'm playing at the moment.

Jono
12th January 2005, 12:22 AM
Would love to have a go on the slick greens of Camden Valley (compared to Bayview, anyway :wink: ), but I've got a feeling that I have to work on Australia Day. I will check the roster and let you know.

Onewood
12th January 2005, 08:21 AM
Unfortunately I'm a no too. Qantas has me working again that day, shift work you have got to love it!!!

Grunt, we have a qantas worker up here too 8) he gets sick alot :wink: :lol: :lol:

jimandr
12th January 2005, 09:24 PM
Alllriiiighty thennnn :wink:

Not much interest, but I don't care. I'll have a clear conscience when Amanda or Jono ask why it is that they always seem to be the organisers of these get-togethers.

Reading between the lines, it seems Fishman Dan can hear some cold beverages calling him, and no amount of reading can determine whether Trung is a yes or no :roll:

I'll book on Friday for two groups of four, starting about 9.30am (when I rang today there were no names between 9.00 and 11.00). If I get no other bites here by the weekend I may place a bait in the other forum.

The confirmed list only:

1. Jimandr
2. Zipptopp

The greens actually aren't very fast at the moment. During summer they water them a lot and don't cut them really short in order to keep them alive. The fairways are starting to dry out again though, could be a fair bit of run if the heat of this week continues.

amanda
13th January 2005, 11:07 AM
Sorry Jim but Australia Day is out for us - my father-in-law has finally invited us to go out on his new boat :D

Trung
13th January 2005, 11:14 AM
Jimmy,

I'm a NO mate. Catch up with you next time 8)

BrisVegas
13th January 2005, 01:36 PM
Alllriiiighty thennnn :wink:

Not much interest, but I don't care. I'll have a clear conscience when Amanda or Jono ask why it is that they always seem to be the organisers of these get-togethers.

Jim - at least you made the effort to try and organise something. Keep up the good work! 8)

Flowergirl
13th January 2005, 01:53 PM
Jim...........I would ---------as long as you pay the airfare from Melbourne for me. :D Hope you get some takers :wink:

jimandr
14th January 2005, 10:44 PM
Flowergirl,

If I had the money to fly you to Sydney, I'd be flying to Melbourne and enjoying your guided tour of the many top courses of the Mornington peninsula.

With no other takers, I may have to try to take Zipptopp's money to start my Melbourne flying fund.

Zipptopp (and any other interested parties):

The booking has been made, for a group of four, at 9.20am. If others become late acceptors, the next tee time is vacant at this stage.

By the way, it was 42 degrees at the course today. The long range Weather Channel forecast doesn't look too bad, but you never know.

jimandr
26th January 2005, 08:21 PM
Our two man Ozgolf Sydneysiders day result is in.

Jimandr 35 points
Zipptopp 23 points.

Our fourball score isn't worth recording.

Home field advantage helped, and it's fair to say a course with out of bounds on the right does not suit Geoff.

I'll try to make all the Sydney guys who piked out feel envious, but I'll struggle, as our golf didn't feature anything you haven't seen before.

The weather was pretty good, although a little bit warm and humid. The course was a bit softer after some rain over the last week, but this rain meant the fairways were well grassed and the greens soft enough to hold a well struck ball. I even got some backspin, which is rare.

My game displayed another example of how to play really well but ruin a good score. My score converts to 7 over, including three double bogeys. I hit the ball well, hardly missed a fairway, hit 13 greens for two birdies, but hit a couple of bad shots that hurt my score badly.

On the other hand, my companion didn't play well, didn't hit a fairway until the 14th, and when he missed greens always seemed to short-side himself. When on the green, his lack of local knowledge hurt him badly, usually on the holes where he received two shots.

I certainly enjoyed it, and I think Geoff did too. To build him up a bit, he hit the shot of the day on the 10th, a full wedge that hit the pin to finish a foot away. Pity his putt was only for a par.

The next time I can invite a group to my course is Good Friday. A lot can happen between now and then.

zipptopp
27th January 2005, 07:58 PM
Jim

I did enjoy the day. Thanks for the invite. The course was in good condition, just a pity I left my game at home, (always had that feeling I left something behind as I drove down).

I'll have to practice more on courses with hills on them, Ashar is fairly flat and I certainlly felt it later that day.