PDA

View Full Version : Rd2: Peter_rs vs AndyP & Shazza_rs vs Shavey

AndyP
10th June 2009, 09:39 AM
So.....when are you available, Pete?

I don't think June 30 should be the deadline, considering the whole month of October is wasted as far as deadlines go, but we need to discuss dates and locations sooner or later, since your next opponent is waiting. Pairing up with Shaz and Shave's match was mentioned before too.

peter_rs
10th June 2009, 01:07 PM
It is on the list.

After the next two weekends i'm good.

Where are you on the weekend of the 28? Happy to play with shave & shazza if they are free.

AndyP
10th June 2009, 01:11 PM
We will be on the Sunshine Coast that weekend to drop Mitchell off at the outlaws for the first week of school holidays. So I guess that leaves Sunshine Coast to Redcliffe sort of area for me for that weekend, including the Bribie courses.

shavey
12th June 2009, 08:22 AM
I'd prefer to play somewhere halfway like Carbrook or Windaroo if that helps in anyway.

If Brisbane is the only option however...

peter_rs
12th June 2009, 11:04 AM
happy to travel,

AP?

AndyP
12th June 2009, 11:20 AM
Are we still talking about the weekend of 28th? If so, I won't drive two hours to play Carbrook or Windaroo, however our weekend on the Coast isn't locked in yet anyway (but the Sunday is probably wiped out). The missus says it's too far away to give me a definite answer.

peter_rs
12th June 2009, 12:11 PM
Sorry ap forgot your up north that weekend, how are you the weekend after then?

AndyP
12th June 2009, 02:46 PM
No good, as it's Gold Coast Marathon weekend. The next two after that are gone too.

shavey
14th June 2009, 08:07 AM
Shaz, looks like we might have to get our game out of the way then as it seems AP is a busy boy..

AndyP
14th June 2009, 10:04 AM
I've been free the last month. ;)

shavey
14th June 2009, 03:27 PM
So have Shaz and Pete :smt057 (that's the politically correct smiley!)

shavey
14th June 2009, 03:28 PM
What if the planets were to align and a space was made vacant for us to all play Nudgee.

I haven't registered but thought I might throw it out there if somebody was to pull out.

AndyP
14th June 2009, 03:33 PM
There's no need for all four of us to play our matches together, Shavey. It was only if the opportunity was there. I'll try to find out more about what's planned for me for the weekend in a fortnight's time.

AndyP
15th June 2009, 07:33 AM
I will now be in Brisbane for the weekend of the 27th-28th, although I won't have a car. So if I am to play I'll either have to get a lift or get there by public transport.

peter_rs
15th June 2009, 07:43 AM
We can possible arrange transport..... I promise not to leave you at the course if you beat me;)

AndyP
15th June 2009, 08:17 AM
Should we try for Windaroo? Or is a Gold Coast resort course an option?

BrisVegas
15th June 2009, 08:29 AM
I could always host you two at Brookwater in July. I believe (but cant confirm yet) that guest rate will be dropping to $55 flat rate from then on....

It's a thinking man's course. Not sure which one of you that favours though? :wink:

PeteyD
15th June 2009, 11:11 AM
It's a thinking man's course. Not sure which one of you that favours though? :wink:

Are you implying that they think they are men? Or they are not men that can think?

AndyP
15th June 2009, 11:48 AM
I ignored the post, because a "thinking man" would have read that I'm not really available on weekends in July.

shavey
15th June 2009, 12:50 PM
I ignored the post, because a "thinking man" would have read that I'm not really available on weekends in July.

touche! ;)

Seems I could now be on the Sunny Coast that weekend. Fancy a game at Pelican Waters?

AndyP
15th June 2009, 01:06 PM
Seems I could now be on the Sunny Coast that weekend. Fancy a game at Pelican Waters?
That's funny, since I just negotiated to not be up there last night.
I can still be on the Coast that weekend, if needed. How much can we get on for?

shavey
15th June 2009, 02:15 PM
I would hope the $55 champs rate could be extended...

AndyP
15th June 2009, 02:28 PM
Without discussing it with the missus, I'd assume I'd get up to the Coast at about 11am (Mitchell has Auskick on Saturday morning). That would leave Saturday arvo and all day Sunday available for me to play there, if it's a goer from the other two parties.

markTHEblake
15th June 2009, 05:20 PM
Andyp, invite Pete to play at Helensvale, its a doddle for you, but Pete will have squillions :-)

peter_rs
15th June 2009, 06:33 PM
shavey check the rate and it could be in pencil

AndyP
22nd June 2009, 09:33 AM
I know that the round could still potentially not happen, but I was just having a squiz at the scorecard and our handicaps anyway.

I give Pete one shot, which would be the par 5, 8th, with water all down the right.
Shavey gives Shaz three shots, so the other two shot holes would be the short par 4 12th and the par 3 4th.

The par is the same for ladies and men, so there is no confusion there, and the ACR from the blue tees is 72 (black is 74), while the old ladies rating is 72.

peter_rs
22nd June 2009, 11:22 AM
what we not playing blacks

AndyP
22nd June 2009, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't have thought so.

shavey
23rd June 2009, 07:56 AM
If we play the blacks, Shaz plays the blues! ;)

Based on her last round, maybe I need to play from the reds

peter_rs
23rd June 2009, 08:09 AM
in that case is there a jade for me ;)

AndyP
28th June 2009, 05:04 PM
There's another two matches out of the way.

I hope it's not bad etiquette to give the score of the other match too.

Shaz def Shave 4 and 3

Shaz was just too consistent for Shavey.

AndyP def Peter_rs 4 and 2

You could probably insert the same comment from above for us.

I'll try to provide some more detail when I have more time, but both matches had the eventual winner leading nearly all of the round. Shaz dominated her match more than what I did mine.

jaybam
28th June 2009, 05:28 PM
Congrats to the winners :)

Eag's
28th June 2009, 05:30 PM
Nice wins Shaz & AP.

Jarro
28th June 2009, 05:40 PM
Nice win blokes :mrgreen:

jaybam
28th June 2009, 05:43 PM
Nice win blokes :mrgreen:

Wow your not half asking for trouble are you lol

Jarro
28th June 2009, 05:52 PM
Wow your not half asking for trouble are you lol

Oh alright then.....

.. well done blokes .... and AndyP :razz:

jaybam
28th June 2009, 05:53 PM
Double trouble lol

PeteyD
28th June 2009, 06:04 PM
Nice win Ladies.

shavey
28th June 2009, 06:28 PM
I won the first hole then were chasing for rest of the round. Good win by Shaz who played some solid golf, especially from 100m in. My 6 penalties probably didn't help things but Shaz was always looking the goods from the middle of the fairway hole after hole.

All the best for the next round Shaz, you will be quite tough to beat!

Eag's
28th June 2009, 06:30 PM
I would have to say Shaz is up there with Gaz when it comes to hitting crap loads of fairways. She is a machine 8-)

peter_rs
28th June 2009, 06:53 PM
congrats on the win again ap.

9 & 10 killed me.... green side in two on 10 dropped out of the water and plugged in the back of the bunker. I left the ball in the trap and had to play my next from the water as I did not what to risk a plug again. 3 down at that point.

Pars were just not enough for a win and I ran out of holes trying to force something 3 down with 3 to play.

AP I had you booked in after the second hole when you hit those 2 balls in the water, I knew that would get you in the game.

Ps the food was nice.... I would have loved to have gps.

goughy
28th June 2009, 07:04 PM
I would have to say Shaz is up there with Gaz when it comes to hitting crap loads of fairways. She is a machine 8-)

Doesn't hit the ball far enough to get into trouble!!!...

You know I luv ya shaz :smt060

Well don't to you both!

shazza_rs
28th June 2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the game shavey. It was an enjoyable match played in great spirits.

PS.... I did miss the last three fairways.... after the match was finished of course :)

Congrats AndyP on the win.

Its a double win for the bunters :)

henno
28th June 2009, 07:34 PM
one-eighty-straighty?

shazza_rs
28th June 2009, 07:34 PM
you better believe it :)

perci
28th June 2009, 07:36 PM
You Brute!

AndyP
28th June 2009, 08:20 PM
congrats on the win again ap.

9 & 10 killed me.... green side in two on 10 dropped out of the water and plugged in the back of the bunker. I left the ball in the trap and had to play my next from the water as I did not what to risk a plug again. 3 down at that point.

Pars were just not enough for a win and I ran out of holes trying to force something 3 down with 3 to play.Unfortunately for you, your par run coincided with my par run (I was even through the first 5 holes of the back 9).

The way you play, Pete, I think you are always going to hand some holes over (I did birdie 10 though), but you also can string birdies and pars together for wins. I'm more of the solid, keep the pressure on kind of player.

Personally, I would rather not have choked on pretty easy putts on 7 and 8 and had you on the ropes a lot earlier. At the same time, putting saved me plenty of times, especially some of the longer ones.

BrisVegas
29th June 2009, 07:21 AM
Andy(Terminator)P kicks RS eh? Congrats P.

Well done to you too Shazza.