PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Survey list for the Us Open - DCMA Notice

clikchic
9th June 2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Guys

I have received a DCMA notice request to remove the Darrell Survey list for the Us Open as it is copyrighted material and so have removed the thread from the Equipment forum.

Please keep in mind the possibility of copyright infringement when posting on this site as I have no desire to be responsible for such infringements.

If you wish to share information that is copyrighted, please post a link to the information rather than the actual information in this forum.

From the posting rules/guidelines..

Article copying
Articles sourced from news sources should usually be linked to rather than copied and pasted. Sticking the first paragraph in to give the flavour of the piece is okay, posting the whole article may not be.

Thanks! :D
Robyn

Webster
9th June 2009, 10:57 AM
ok

just
9th June 2009, 11:01 AM
ok
That's the nicest thing you have ever posted, Jack!

AndyP
9th June 2009, 11:09 AM
I knew I put that rule in for a reason, not that I know what the list was.

kev
9th June 2009, 12:25 PM
OzGolf still #1 on Google for the search "Darrell Survey list for the Us Open" - they should be happy with the exposure.

AndyP
9th June 2009, 12:33 PM
The thread was from 2005 too.

Jarro
9th June 2009, 12:35 PM
Who's Darrell anyway ? :roll:

3oneday
9th June 2009, 12:49 PM
How would they know ? Did they google it ???

:lol:

henno
9th June 2009, 05:02 PM
The DMCA is a bullshit law used by companies to bully little websites and 13 year old kids.

markTHEblake
9th June 2009, 05:43 PM
You are allowed to post segments of copyrighted works, like media articles if its for discussion purposes - something like that (like the Ozgolf rule says) From memory thats the law that allows the media to post articles :-)

henno
9th June 2009, 05:59 PM
Restricting information has not proven to be a wise path to travel for neither corporations nor government.

No good will come from this DMCA malarkey.

Yossarian
9th June 2009, 06:01 PM
Agreed