PDA

View Full Version : How's the swing? - (admin: Topic Added)

Jono
7th January 2005, 10:23 PM
How about a separate section devoted to pictures and video clips of our swings?  Sort of like the "What's in the bag" section for our clubs.  Each Ozgolfer can start his/her own thread and others can comment.  I think it can serve as a useful learning tool as well for those who are starting out and those who are looking to change/improve their swings.

Jarro
8th January 2005, 01:15 AM
sounds like a swell idea :roll: i mean, a good idea :wink:

andylo
8th January 2005, 10:42 AM
I will back this one up :)

How about a separate section devoted to pictures and video clips of our swings? Sort of like the "What's in the bag" section for our clubs. Each Ozgolfer can start his/her own thread and others can comment. I think it can serve as a useful learning tool as well for those who are starting out and those who are looking to change/improve their swings.

AndyP
9th January 2005, 08:29 AM
This would have to be supported by the forum, as several members wouldn't have their own webspace, and I don't have the space to store all of these clips from each event.
I've only just got room for the two events that I took clips from recently.

goughy
9th January 2005, 09:08 AM
I'm interested in this one. I am discussing with clikchic if there is a hack that will allow such a forum to be sorted alphabetically rather than by date; generally when I've seen forums that do this you still have new post highlighted, just not sorted by date first.

The other point is that we won't be able to offer space for uploads. Firstly clikchic said that we'd have to do the uploads for you. Secondly we don't have a huge amount of webspace; so we don't really have the space to start hosting large pics and especially video. Thirdly, we don't have a great amount of available bandwidth per month. Again it is enough for a forum but not enough to start transfering video to it and especially for everybody to be downloading it to view.

Sorry bout the andyp. If this one goes ahead then you may have to look at some other free webspace.

But we both like this idea.

AndyP
9th January 2005, 10:46 AM
Sorry bout the andyp. If this one goes ahead then you may have to look at some other free webspace.
Negative. I will just be hosting my own swing clips. ;)

Jono
9th January 2005, 12:03 PM
How about this one? They offer 50 megs of free space PER PERSON. :shock: That's enough to fit even Jarro's swing (with the pause and everything) in slow mo ... :wink:

http://www.megspace.com/index2.html

Jarro
9th January 2005, 12:05 PM
That's enough to fit even Jarro's swing (with the pause and everything) in slow mo ... :wink:

HEY :!: :evil:

.. i'm working on it Doc :wink:

Ducky
9th January 2005, 09:11 PM
I would have preferred "Swinger's Club"...

:o

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).