Good bad otherwise.

Only for low markers?

link:

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/blackgold.asp

cheers

Simmsy..

Scottt
7th June 2009, 02:01 PM
They play very stiff to flex compared to DG.

adlo
7th June 2009, 02:11 PM
They play very stiff to flex compared to DG.
Damn straight.

I had a Mizuno FliHi iron thingy with one of these in there (stiff DG black gold). I can generally hit a stiff iron shaft OK, but with this thing I wasn't even close to loading the shaft up.

simmsy
7th June 2009, 03:41 PM
enough said cheers guys.

Dazza
7th June 2009, 09:57 PM
$99.96 USD for a full set from Golfsmith.
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/2015T/True_Temper/Black_Gold_.355
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/2016I/True_Temper/Black_Gold_.370

adlo
7th June 2009, 09:59 PM
Problems with your iron shafts simmsy?

What do you have? Nippons?

simmsy
7th June 2009, 11:04 PM
Nah the shafts are fine, well actually a little soft for me. But the FP's are not really my cup of tea i think. When I bought them 12 months ago they were spot on but my swing has improved (believe it or not) and now I reckon there is just too much off set for me to feel comfortable with them. I certainly struggle to hit intentional fades with them now which I have never had a problem with before.
So on the look out for a new(2nd hand set) of irons and was wondering about the BlackGold shafts re a set of TM RAC LT2's on ebay.

u8ergolfer
8th June 2009, 08:13 AM
Had a set of em till a couple of weeks ago.. Spined and freq'd them and they were at least 20 cpm stronger than their equivalent DGS length. So Stiff = Strong X..(approx)

They all freq. matched pretty well at about 9 - 10 cycle steps.

So I would concur with a few of the posters here, Very strong for flex , and like Adlo said, they take a bit to load up.

adlo
8th June 2009, 11:15 AM
Nah the shafts are fine, well actually a little soft for me. But the FP's are not really my cup of tea i think. When I bought them 12 months ago they were spot on but my swing has improved (believe it or not) and now I reckon there is just too much off set for me to feel comfortable with them. I certainly struggle to hit intentional fades with them now which I have never had a problem with before.
So on the look out for a new(2nd hand set) of irons and was wondering about the BlackGold shafts re a set of TM RAC LT2's on ebay.

The LT2's are beauties.

Johnny Canuck
8th June 2009, 11:23 AM
Have a chat with Tourfit, I'm sure he could point you in the right direction.

adlo
8th June 2009, 11:29 AM

:roll:

simmsy
8th June 2009, 04:29 PM

.....I just might do that JC!!!:smt108

Yossarian
8th June 2009, 04:56 PM
Just googled those LT2's they look nice:D

simmsy
8th June 2009, 05:48 PM
yeah sweet looking clubs, thought i almost had a set here on this site, but not to be.

Diggaboy1
8th June 2009, 06:46 PM
I have a set Of Black Golds in my Taylor Made Rac TP in X stiff and the set from Dave in my Cobra Pro MB and I really like them. I have been using them for two years now and really like them.
They allow my to attack the flag as they help me stop the ball normally within a meter of where it lands on the green.

adlo
8th June 2009, 07:19 PM
simmsy, LT2's are so forgiving for the look.

Have you hit them?

simmsy
8th June 2009, 08:10 PM
No haven't hit them unfortunately.
You don't know anyone that has a set that could lend me there 5i for a couple of days do you?

adlo
8th June 2009, 08:16 PM
My old man, but that 5i is in Australind.
He is off to Exmouth and doesn't need his sticks.

simmsy
8th June 2009, 08:19 PM
Without sounding too rude, is there any chance of being able to grab one for a few days while he's away.
I'll slip'em a 6 pack of his choice.

adlo
8th June 2009, 08:25 PM
Not rude at all, I am happy to oblige, just not sure how to facilitate the loan.

He might be able to drop one to me if he is coming up to Perth, otherwise I am heading away in a few weeks and it will get difficult.

simmsy
8th June 2009, 10:10 PM
ok let me know. I am going to Waroona/Harvey next wednesday if that can help at all.

adlo
8th June 2009, 10:22 PM
You wanna swing past Australind? You could grab one.

simmsy
8th June 2009, 11:33 PM
Mate that would be great, but I don't want to put your good 'ol Dad out or anything though and there is the matter of getting it back to him.
I am obviously able to get it to you, but will that work?

adlo
8th June 2009, 11:43 PM
Getting it back not an issue.

I'll chat to him and let you know by sms.

simmsy
9th June 2009, 12:31 AM
cheers