PDA

View Full Version : Key to a consistent swing

uahmad
2nd June 2009, 09:01 PM
Okay I thought it would be a good idea to get feedback on what people do to maintain a consistent swing.

I have an issue keeping the same swing and it takes me a good bucket of balls or 2 at the range to sort out where the problem is and to fix it.
Obviously on the course its too hard to fix when you're hitting 1 ball at a time and it generally leads to a very very bad round.

For example one day I notice my right knee/leg is swaying at my back swing, some other times im taking the club outside rather than in, other times swaying forward on downswing, or moving chin/head, etc etc the list continues.

What do you guys do when you first step on the course, are you thinking about all this before tee off (ie, Shoulder turn check, hip turn check, left knee kick in check etc etc?)

Or is it because im relatively new it will take time to settle in and all become natural?

Scottt
2nd June 2009, 09:13 PM
I honestly don't think about my swing on the course, aside from one thought sometimes if I start to do something dumb (my biggies are snatching the club away from the ball and not keeping my eyes on the ball though impact).

If you are thinking of all those things at once, there is no way you could make the same swing sonsistantly, IMO.

uahmad
2nd June 2009, 09:16 PM
No im not thinking of all those things, but what happens I start hitting the ball inconsistently and then I start thinking about what the problem could be.

Im just wondering if people have a habit to "check" there swing now and then and how do they do it?

razaar
3rd June 2009, 09:56 AM
Years ago I was given a tip from a prominent player on the Champion's Tour, indirectly through my son who sat next to him on a flight from Chicago to Tampa. My son asked him for a tip for his dad about consistency. The tip was - play with soft arms and relaxed shoulders. Works a treat.

PeteyD
3rd June 2009, 10:00 AM
hmm that sounds like something easy to remember etc.

Webster
3rd June 2009, 11:33 AM
Keep your head down and your left arm striaght and try to hit draws.