PDA

View Full Version : Bought me a new bag

Flavzz
2nd June 2009, 06:28 PM
I recently decided that I wanted to get a Stand bag after my Srixon and its average stitching decided to pack it in. Never had a Stand bag before so I'll be new to the carrying factor so if you guys have any tips let me know... after much research and finding the most suitable bag for my needs, I realised that I only ever wanted to get a Titleist so I just went out and bought their Premium Stand Bag from Drummond, definitely not the best bang for buck but Titleist never is. But it is sexy :)

Just didn't really like any of the other Stand's on the market. And initially I thought I might be pressed for room but it has way more than enough. I think if I filled the pockets up I wouldnt be able to carry it.

And its light as too, even with brolly all clubs balls and accessories its super light on my back. maybe ill change that opinion after 18 holes when I next get on the course. Anyway I can always chuck it on the buggy if need be. Heres a couple pics for you guys..

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/flavzz/titleist021.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/flavzz/titleist022.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/flavzz/titleist040.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/flavzz/titleist007.jpg

Courty
2nd June 2009, 06:30 PM
Nice bag, but you shoulda got a Nike Sasquatch Tour. ;)

Scottt
2nd June 2009, 06:33 PM
Nice. 8)

Titty bags are super comfy and among the lightest on the market.

Straps might need a slight adjustment to get them carrying an even load. I have carried since I was 13 and I have found the least back pain or fatigue seems to be when you have the bag adjusted so it sits about four inches under your shoulder blades. Too high is definitely the worst.

The good thing about the Titty bags is that the handle at the top of the bag is handy to grab with your right hand when you get to your ball, shrug off the left shoulder strap first, and then it's easy to use the right hand to put the bag down, which causes the right strap to fall off.

Flavzz
2nd June 2009, 06:34 PM
was gonna but was going to cost more like 300-400 to get it here :smt013

And I've always loved titleist

Courty
2nd June 2009, 06:36 PM
was gonna but was going to cost more like 300-400 to get it here :smt013

True... I'm just lucky that the exchange rate was upward of 90c when I bought mine.

Flavzz
2nd June 2009, 06:37 PM
Nice. 8)

Titty bags are super comfy and among the lightest on the market.

Straps might need a slight adjustment to get them carrying an even load. I have carried since I was 13 and I have found the least back pain or fatigue seems to be when you have the bag adjusted so it sits about four inches under your shoulder blades. Too high is definitely the worst.

The good thing about the Titty bags is that the handle at the top of the bag is handy to grab with your right hand when you get to your ball, shrug off the left shoulder strap first, and then it's easy to use the right hand to put the bag down, which causes the right strap to fall off.

cheers scott will try that out. Hopefully will get out once the weather fairs up to test it out. Impressed with the size and weight of this bad boy some others are way too small

adlo
2nd June 2009, 06:40 PM
Hmmmm, dollar going up again, might be time for an exotic stand bag purchase

Courty
2nd June 2009, 06:41 PM
Hmmmm, dollar going up again, might be time for an exotic stand bag purchase

:smt023

zacdullard
2nd June 2009, 06:43 PM
I got a Bridegestone carry bag. I brought it because after having a go of a mates around Gympies hills i was not half as tired as pushing my smoothy around.
I love the look of the titleist bag though but they are a bit more expensive than my bridgestone.

Flavzz
2nd June 2009, 06:47 PM
I got a Bridegestone carry bag. I brought it because after having a go of a mates around Gympies hills i was not half as tired as pushing my smoothy around.
I love the look of the titleist bag though but they are a bit more expensive than my bridgestone.

thats good to know mate, yeah there are some nice stand bags around, cobra ones looked real nice too..

Scottt
2nd June 2009, 06:50 PM
My x86 was $209 new from Drummond. It was much cheaper than the Cally, Cleveland, Ping etc from memory.

DracZ
2nd June 2009, 06:51 PM
Nice bag, but you shoulda got a Nike Sasquatch Tour. ;)

+1 for the Nike Sasquatch Tour, best stand bag I've owned so far :smt038

zacdullard
2nd June 2009, 06:55 PM
What sort of titleist one is it, i see on there website that they have a big range;

Premium Stand Bag
Lightweight Stand Bag
StaDry Waterproof Stand Bag
Ultra Lightweight Stand Bag
Im wondering what the difference is, is it just a few less features in each one that make it lighter or is it smaller?

Yossarian
2nd June 2009, 06:55 PM
I had a look at the titty bag the other day, seems like a good piece of kit.

I've got a warbird hot, really like it.

henno
2nd June 2009, 06:58 PM
My Ogio was $60 brand new.

You're move, stand bag hos.

Scottt
2nd June 2009, 06:59 PM
My Ogio was $60 brand new.

You're move, stand bag hos.

Nice grammar, Ogio boy. $60 new? Who'd you have to blow?

Flavvz: you weren't tempted by the sexy colour combos on offer in the Titty range?

henno
2nd June 2009, 07:01 PM
I blame the left-over Johnny Premiums I have downed. Damn you Ned Kelly!

Flavzz
2nd June 2009, 07:01 PM
What sort of titleist one is it, i see on there website that they have a big range;

Premium Stand Bag
Lightweight Stand Bag
StaDry Waterproof Stand Bag
Ultra Lightweight Stand Bag

Im wondering what the difference is, is it just a few less features in each one that make it lighter or is it smaller?

Mines the Premium mate, the others are a lot smaller and to be honest too small IMO..

Yossarian
2nd June 2009, 07:02 PM
How did you get an Ogio for 60 dorra dorra???

henno
2nd June 2009, 07:03 PM
The same way I got a new srixon wg-504 wedge for 10 clams. An auction (of the bricks-n-mortar type).

Flavzz
Nice grammar, Ogio boy. $60 new? Who'd you have to blow?

Flavvz: you weren't tempted by the sexy colour combos on offer in the Titty range?

I did check out a couple colours scotty but I like the black, and my last bag was blue so its time to go Back in Black!

Scottt
How did you get an Ogio for 60 dorra dorra???

http://www.ivovic.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/howardcostello-blowjob.jpg

He's Howard. Drummond sales guy is Costello.

Flavzz
2nd June 2009, 07:04 PM
you guys are thread hijacking terrorists, but i like it

just
2nd June 2009, 07:05 PM
I blame the left-over Johnny Premiums I have downed. Damn you Ned Kelly!
It's always someone else's fault, isn't it Narwhal boy?!:razz:http://simulatedcomicproduct.com/comics/2009-02-17-BraveNarwhal.jpg

Flavzz
2nd June 2009, 07:07 PM
wtf is with the narwhals?

henno
2nd June 2009, 07:09 PM
Awesomeness incarnate. That's what's with them.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2009, 07:37 PM
You have left the price tag on!

Flavzz
2nd June 2009, 08:02 PM
You have left the price tag on!

that was only on the first couple pics off mate, its off now cheers, and dont worry I didnt pay retail..

adlo
2nd June 2009, 08:38 PM
:smt023

Black pinstripe Grom or Sasquatch Tour's are the pick of the bunch.

Courty
2nd June 2009, 08:43 PM
Black pinstripe Grom

Please no! AndyP has one of these in brown... it's hideous!

adlo
2nd June 2009, 08:44 PM
Big difference between black and brown Courty, and I don't like bright yellow like some!

Actually armed with that information, consider the Sasquatch Tour the front runner. Now for the dollar to creep a little higher....

Courty
2nd June 2009, 09:25 PM
Actually armed with that information, consider the Sasquatch Tour the front runner. Now for the dollar to creep a little higher....

If you look hard enough, you can find some pretty funky colour combinations...

http://www.gppgolf.com/images/fullfile/9949.jpg

adlo
2nd June 2009, 09:26 PM
Just won't look that hard then, yellow boy.

Mayhem
3rd June 2009, 12:08 AM
I need a new stand-bag. 60 for an ogio sounds like a steal.

I saw some maxfli standbags the other day for 50. Was half-way to the register then realised the stand had bean detached.

Not much of a standbag without the stand.

adlo
3rd June 2009, 12:09 AM
You surf golf forums now Mayhem, you need to get a serious stand bag :)

Yossarian
3rd June 2009, 12:11 AM

My thoughts exactly

Mayhem
3rd June 2009, 12:12 AM

For sure. Rudd money all gone though. Will have to look after the current bag till after the os trip.

adlo
3rd June 2009, 12:14 AM
You need like 5 grand left over for all these things you are going to do after the OS trip :roll:

Mayhem
3rd June 2009, 12:18 AM
yes yes. I am not planning on doing too much.

Bent irons, a couple of shafts and some lessons? 5 Grand?? only for the duke mate.