2nd June 2009, 01:47 PM
Article here
http://thesandtrap.com/bag_drop/macgregor_golf_acquired_by_golfsmith

3oneday
2nd June 2009, 01:56 PM
Wow, for 1.75 million !!!

Bruce
2nd June 2009, 02:05 PM
So less than 2 million and in installments. They must have sunk very low indeed.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2009, 05:33 PM
Well that explains why Greg switched brands. I knew there was something fishy about that.

mikezone13
3rd June 2009, 10:59 AM
Bugger - I don't like the bit about Macgregor possibly being relaunched as game improvement brand.

They have always been a great blade brand and have made some of the best looking and performing blades over time as well as having strong associations with some of the best golfers of all tiem (Nicklaus and Norman to name a couple).

Fingers crossed for the Macgregor brand

henno
3rd June 2009, 11:05 AM
I hope they don't do to MacGregor what Callaway did to the Ben Hogan brand.

markTHEblake
3rd June 2009, 05:50 PM
Bugger - I don't like the bit about Macgregor possibly being relaunched as game improvement brand.

That was the journalists baseless assumption.

Golfsmith certainly has not used Snake Eyes as a game improvement brand, so why would they do it to Mac.

I think its more likely that Golfsmith would maintain the brand as is, and not even necessarily sell it as a component, after all they are not just a component seller.

zigwah
3rd June 2009, 06:05 PM
Does this mean the older macs will become antiques?

i finally found my old Mad Mac, had it stashed from when my son had cut down clubs, might put a shaft in it and see how good these big head drivers are.

Scottt
3rd June 2009, 07:50 PM
The Sand Trap is rubbish these days. Absolutely no basis for the game improvement claim.