PDA

View Full Version : Brookwater - Sun 6 Feb - CANCELLED

BrisVegas
6th January 2005, 12:59 PM
edited.... (again!)

CoffsHacker will be in Brisbane and wants to organise a game with some other ozgolfers at Brookwater on Sun 6th. Preferred tee time would be from lunch onwards.

We can play as guests of brooky17. I'll have to check the rate again, but I thought it was around $75. If anyone else has a cheaper way of getting on - then speak up!

Hands up who might be interested.... :idea:

So far we have....
1. CoffsHacker
2. BrisVegas
3. Brooky17
4. choppa
5. eag's

AndyP
6th January 2005, 01:17 PM
Vegas, are you aware that this is the date of the Lakelands OZgolf day?

BrisVegas
6th January 2005, 01:24 PM
Vegas, are you aware that this is the date of the Lakelands OZgolf day?

am now.... thanks! :oops: Oh well, might be able to reschedule for Sunday. Or just make it one group of us...

Can't imagine people will have the money to play Lakelands and Brookwater in one weekend! I sure don't. :roll:

Jarro
6th January 2005, 01:28 PM
sorry Dion, i'd love to play Brooky again, but i'm kinda short on funds :(

BrisVegas
6th January 2005, 01:38 PM
No thanks Vegas....its a DUMP (i'm with JJJ)!

indeed... :roll: Maybe one day you'll break 80 there and it will all make sense. :wink:

Choppa
6th January 2005, 02:49 PM
I'm feeling good about my golf at the moment, so it's time to get out to Brooky for a reality check.

1. CoffsHacker
2. BrisVegas
3. Brooky17
4. Choppa

BrisVegas
6th January 2005, 04:00 PM
I'm feeling good about my golf at the moment, so it's time to get out to Brooky for a reality check.

1. CoffsHacker
2. BrisVegas
3. Brooky17
4. Choppa

Cheers choppa. Were you interested in playing Lakelands as well? If you didn't want to miss out on shavey's BIG ozgolf day, I can't see why we couldn't play Brooky on the Sunday. I'll check with Coffshacker and see what he wants to do.

Jarro
6th January 2005, 05:09 PM
I'm feeling good about my golf at the moment

amazing what a new club in the bag will do for ya :wink:

how's the rescue mid going by the way :?:

Eag's
6th January 2005, 05:35 PM
Damn must get a hit at Brooky soon :(
After hearing you guys go on about it I am real keen 8)

AndyP
6th January 2005, 08:40 PM
Damn must get a hit at Brooky soon :(
After hearing you guys go on about it I am real keen 8)
Haven't you played there yet? :shock:
Shame on you for not getting your butt down to Queensland's best course. [-X :wink:

BrisVegas
6th January 2005, 08:48 PM
Shame on you for not getting your butt down to Queensland's best course. [-X :wink:

"Queensland's best course" - AndyP. :D

"Dump" - golfer69. :cry:

Let's see what eags determines. :wink:

Choppa
6th January 2005, 10:09 PM
Cheers choppa. Were you interested in playing Lakelands as well? If you didn't want to miss out on shavey's BIG ozgolf day, I can't see why we couldn't play Brooky on the Sunday. I'll check with Coffshacker and see what he wants to do.

Interested in Lakelands but don't know if i'll have the cash for 2 days. I am happy with a Saturday or Sunday game.

Choppa
6th January 2005, 10:11 PM
I'm feeling good about my golf at the moment

amazing what a new club in the bag will do for ya :wink:

how's the rescue mid going by the way :?:

Love it :D

Got the 22 as well for Christmas so I'm ready to go.
Surprising how very few times in a single round you (or maybe just me) actually hit a 3 or 4 iron. :? Only just noticing now I think cause I love hitting them.

BrisVegas
12th January 2005, 12:54 PM
OK, this game will be on Sunday 6th now. Will be aiming for tee times at the back end of the field. (ie. around 1pm)

BrisVegas
24th January 2005, 10:06 AM
Jayson can't play this game now (he's out til at least the end of Feb), so we're back to 4 players. With luck, I should be able to get a US$50 game through ezlinks, but that will be at around 11am. I'll need to book Tuesday this week to make sure we get the cheap game.

Please let me know if that doesn't work for anyone...

1. BrisVegas
2. CoffsHacker
3. choppa
4. eags

P.S. This game is now limited to 4 players, can't get any more than 4 at that price.

Davemason
24th January 2005, 05:56 PM
would love to play if some one pulls out

BrisVegas
25th January 2005, 09:34 PM

No worries Dave. Gotta get a game at a decent price first, or I won't be playing! :cry:

https://specials.ezlinks.com/Specials.asp?selStartDate=02%2F06%2F2005&selState=Australia&submit=Find+EZLinks+Special+Rates

Sunday 6th is showing in the system now, but no tee times available. Bugger. :x

Coffs_Hacker
26th January 2005, 05:51 PM
Thanx for the forum Dion

Sorry i haven't posted anything sooner, This is my first day off for the month. Looked at the Ezlinks link, looks like they have cheap games posted now for the sixth. Lakelands looks like a great day too but not enough time to catch up with everyone and 2 games of golf :cry:

Hope to see ya'll soon.

BrisVegas
26th January 2005, 09:42 PM
Looked at the Ezlinks link, looks like they have cheap games posted now for the sixth.

Yeah I had a look this morning. Only problem was that the price has gone up from US$50 to US$65... DOH! :evil: That means around A$85... I'll see if Jayson can get us a cheaper deal as member's guests. $85 doesn't sound that great... If all else fails, we could maybe just give it a miss and play Lakelands. Better chance for you to meet the Brisbane and Gold Coast oxgolfers...

I'll let you know what I find...

BrisVegas
27th January 2005, 09:43 AM
Brooky17 booked this for us this morning.

1:00pm Sunday 6th Feb

BrisVegas
choppa
Coffs Hacker
eag's

We've got member guest rate, which varies between $70 and $85 depending on the "friendliness" of the person in the shop that day... At least this way, we can pay with visa etc. and not have to find cash....

See you all there!

Coffs_Hacker
27th January 2005, 09:45 AM
Cool, i can hack my way around a decent course :P

BrisVegas
27th January 2005, 09:50 AM
Cool, i can hack my way around a decent course :P

What is your hcap now Craig? Just curious... Eag's is unbeatable at the moment, and choppa could do anything... so wanted to know what I'm up against... :wink:

Coffs_Hacker
27th January 2005, 10:08 AM
11 still

I've been to the driving range once in a month, going to try and play at either the pelican or twin waters while at the sunshine coast, maybe 1 other before bris ?? We'll see

BrisVegas
27th January 2005, 10:22 AM
11 still

I've been to the driving range once in a month, going to try and play at either the pelican or twin waters while at the sunshine coast, maybe 1 other before bris ?? We'll see

Have you played Hyatt Coolum? It's a much better course than Twin Waters. Think you can get on there on either Thurs or Fri... "Club Pelican" should be dramatically different to when we played in Jan 2001... Supposed to be in good nick still. North Lakes is pretty decent too, but not as interesting as Pelican or Coolum.

Choppa
28th January 2005, 08:31 AM

Due to a cash flow crisis my spot is now available. It's all your's if you still want it Dave.

BrisVegas
Dave???????????
Coffs Hacker
eag's

Davemason
28th January 2005, 11:34 AM
Due to a cash flow crisis my spot is now available. It's all your's if you still want it Dave.
Sorry to hear about your cash flow problem choppa, 1pm might be a bit late on Sunday, but I'll have a good hard look at it.

Davemason
29th January 2005, 08:27 AM
Saddly I'll have to pass on this one :cry: , I have an early start on Monday if it was in the morning I would be in for sure but 1pm tee off say 4 hr round 5hr drive back to Bundy a bit to much , thanks anyway for the offer

BrisVegas
29th January 2005, 04:19 PM
OK, so choppa's out, Eag's is out, davemason is out.....

What do you reckon Craig - shall we give it a miss?? We could play Lakelands on Sat instead and save $35 in the process.... :wink:

Coffs_Hacker
29th January 2005, 11:39 PM
I'm ok with that, gives me another reason to visit brissy another time.

I'm on hols now so no more internet, I'll call u sun, when I'm passing through bris on the way to the sunshine coast

BrisVegas
30th January 2005, 12:57 PM
Righto. After speaking with CoffsHacker the Brookwater game is cancelled... :cry:

We'll try and join the Lakelands game on Sat instead. 8)