PDA

View Full Version : TMTBTP - that good?

AlexMc
28th May 2009, 07:59 AM
On the other forum there is a brand new TMTBTP (9.5 deg, Rombax Stiff) for sale for $300. I'm toying with the idea of getting one...are they really that good? They get a fair wrap here - just some ideas on ball flight with the shaft option and whether they really are the sh*t or not...

Cheers,

Alex

3oneday
28th May 2009, 08:20 AM
Serious question, but is it a No Warranty one ?

They are good, but the Burner 07 TP is just as good.

Webster
28th May 2009, 08:24 AM
probably fake - can you trust the seller?

Captain Nemo
28th May 2009, 08:28 AM
Jury still out with me!
I got a 9.5 head, shafted it with one of the UST Proto's Virge had for sale.
The first few weeks i struggled with it, even had it for sale here, but then got used to it a little more.
I still hit the old R7 TP better, maybe its the shaft, maybe its just me not too sure.

WeekendHacker
28th May 2009, 08:50 AM
I bought one a few months back with the stock Diamana S shaft in it and was in no way impressed. Had Virge put in a Grafalloy EPIC shaft and it is a completely different club. Consistency of shots is now near perfect and the length I was expecting from it is now there.

Thnks Virge :smt038

braddles
28th May 2009, 12:38 PM
I currently use the TMTBTP with Diamana WB. I normally have problems with high spin, however I consistenty get 2,400-2,800 rpm with the TB. I even hit a few in the 1,700 range! The only thing I don't like about it is the feel. I found the TB to be much better than the 07 Burner, which spun like a top.

I am about to order an R9 driver, however I am just waiting to try an R9 460 before placing my order. I thought the R9 felt much better and it seemed to be going straighter on the LM. I hit 10 balls and they were all within a 7m circle (apparently). The TB was all over the place.