PDA

View Full Version : Back from my Christmas Holiday with a hidden Gem.........

Speirsy11
4th January 2005, 10:05 PM
Howdy Y'All.......Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!

As you may have noticed (not cared, but noticed :( ) trhat I've been away......I spent Christmas and New Years in SA visiting some friends from home who have moved to Adelaide to do their MBAs, as well as spend a few days in Robe visiting some other friends.

While in SA, I was able to play a few sweet courses, but one that truely stood out. The Links at Lady Bay is probably the best deal in all of golf. For $40 you get 18 of the best designed links holes I've ever been on. It is ranked in the top 50 courses in Australia, and the top publica access course in SA. If you are ever in Adelaide, it is worth the 45 minte drive down the coast (gorgeous) to this place. If the wife doesn't play, get her to drive and check out the McLaren Vale wineries while you play. I played about as well as I can and was 73 from the tips. It has instantly jumped into the top 10 courses I've played.

Anyway, thats all for now......Nice to be back home.....

Later

Speirsy

davidp
5th January 2005, 07:40 AM
speirsy, that's a great part of the world down there in S.A.

So, did you play with your new Blade irons? :)

Golfgirl
5th January 2005, 01:02 PM
The Links at Lady Bay is probably the best deal in all of golf. For $40 you get 18 of the best designed links holes I've ever been on. It is ranked in the top 50 courses in Australia, and the top publica access course in SA.

Yes, I've heard that it is very good, and I'm planning to get there sometime this year (assuming I can take some holidays with the new job.... :? ). A friend of mine has recently been appointed the GM, and said it is a great course.

Oh, and of course we missed you.... :lol: :lol:

AndyP
5th January 2005, 01:35 PM
What other courses did you play there, Speirsy?

I haven't played in SA at all.