PDA

View Full Version : Trade or Sale - Cobra L4V 9* Stiff - *WITHDRAWN*

oz
26th May 2009, 09:02 PM
I have a Cobra L4V (F speed) that is a week old. I have played one round (27) and had 1 range session with it.

The shaft is the stock Diamana (57g) in stiff. I have generally used heavier and stiffer shafts. Re-shafting is not an option for me, as all my shafts here are .350, and this head is .335, plus the L4V has a shallow bore. I would just rather be a good ho, and change it for another option.

The club is in excellent condition, as you would expect, and somes with the factory headcover. This is one all-mightily forgiving clubhead. The whole clubface is like one giant sweetspot, and it just launches high & straight.

I am interested in trades for other drivers, and would like something that has:

Around 9* loft (give or take)
Stiff shaft (firm tip - not PL Blue or NVs etc.) I like V2, PL Red, Graf Blue (orig. etc.)
Square to open face

No component heads (unless it is SMT), but otherwise open to suggestion.

I would entertain a straight sale, too, offers considered.

henno
26th May 2009, 09:06 PM
No component heads (unless it is SMT)

Component brand ho! What's wrong with Bang, Geek and Alpha woods?

oz
26th May 2009, 09:12 PM
I could live with a Geek DCT, I guess..... I must just be a component snob....

henno
26th May 2009, 09:29 PM
I have a Geek DCT 9 degree. But it plays well under stated loft, and is the commemorative 551 model, so is technically non-conforming apparently (minor hosel issues or some such).

Regardless, I can't recommend them enough. Great head.

zigwah
26th May 2009, 09:48 PM
never received head from a geek b4, so i'll have to believe you :)

oz
26th May 2009, 10:11 PM
righto - back on track you perv's. :lol:

Anyone have some gear to trade?

seahorse
26th May 2009, 10:28 PM
I have a SMT 455 deep bore 10* with a Accuflex Assasin stiff shaft if you are interested

oz
26th May 2009, 10:47 PM
thanks seahorse. that sounds intriguing. i am in melbourne until Friday, but am keen to discuss this further. Do you have more info? Length of shaft? is it the Assassin II? Condition? How does it play?

Keen to see what else may be out there too....

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2009, 11:02 AM
never received head from a geek b4, so i'll have to believe you :)

I don't know Zig. I've heard that you guys get very lonely at sea...

Tomson
27th May 2009, 11:16 AM
I have a Geek Fail Safe 2 & 3 for sale, also MOI Intruder as well..

Henno thats a fine head you have with 551.

But due to the rules of engagment with haysey I have to wait another 24 Days before I can sell anything..

henno
27th May 2009, 11:18 AM

I have two of them. I have a 12 degree as well. :)

just
27th May 2009, 11:28 AM
MOI Intruder as well...

This thread just keeps sinking into the gutter!

oz
27th May 2009, 11:55 AM
I have a Geek Fail Safe 2 & 3 for sale, also MOI Intruder as well..

But due to the rules of engagment with haysey I have to wait another 24 Days before I can sell anything..

Are you interested in trades, or sales only?

What shaft is in the FS 3?

Tomson
27th May 2009, 12:17 PM
Are you interested in trades, or sales only?

What shaft is in the FS 3?

House of forged shaft is in the FS3 the Patriot.

Sales only.. to much gear as it is.

henno
27th May 2009, 12:27 PM
Tomson, do you have a current list of your junk for sale? I wouldn't mind a pick over what you have.

As long as there are no scratches on anything. :-P

Tomson
27th May 2009, 12:47 PM
Tomson, do you have a current list of your junk for sale? I wouldn't mind a pick over what you have.

As long as there are no scratches on anything. :-P

I'll send it through tonight and I'll buff out all scratches for free...

haysey
27th May 2009, 01:46 PM
I'll send it through tonight and I'll buff out all scratches for free...

Oh FFS I give up:smt013

Tomson
27th May 2009, 01:50 PM
Hahahahahahha

haysey
27th May 2009, 01:54 PM
Can't help yourself can you:D

Why not put yourself out of your misery and bring me a box of balls.....No toppies or hotdots either:roll:

oz
27th May 2009, 02:12 PM
Speaking of Cobra L4V's - as we are ;) - Sale price of $195 + postage ??? offers ???

zigwah
27th May 2009, 04:25 PM
I don't know Zig. I've heard that you guys get very lonely at sea...

very small showering area on an FFG Frigate with 60 blokes in a mess, and 4 showers and very little room to move around even in front of the sinks, so u get used to the odd schlong scraping along your arse :o

rodders
27th May 2009, 04:43 PM
very small showering area on an FFG Frigate with 60 blokes in a mess, and 4 showers and very little room to move around even in front of the sinks, so u get used to the odd schlong scraping along your arse :o

Yep, apart from the other small issues like getting shot at, I would suggest that getting "used to the odd schlong scraping along your arse" is as good as any reason to quickly change careers!

zigwah
27th May 2009, 05:45 PM
Yep, apart from the other small issues like getting shot at, I would suggest that getting "used to the odd schlong scraping along your arse" is as good as any reason to quickly change careers!

Only got shot at once, by accident. Cheif storbie pulled a clip out of a 9mm checked the chamber but the mag back in actioned the pistol and cleared the weapon, but it wasn't clear numbskull, he was supposed to action it and then put the clip back in needless to say he didn't take part in any boardings.

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2009, 09:21 PM

Great reply. I've been silenced.

adlo
27th May 2009, 09:22 PM
Terrible, terrible threadjack

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2009, 09:28 PM
Don't mention "JACK" when Ziggy's talking aboot his schlong.

How can I thread jack when I'm not even sure what thread this is?

PeteyD
27th May 2009, 09:32 PM
Enough McLindining. What was this thread about?

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2009, 09:38 PM
Zigwah getting schlongs rubbed against his ass while almost getting shot. I think someone might be trying to sell something, but I'm not sure.

henno
27th May 2009, 09:41 PM
I draw the line at bare schlong on bare arse.

PeteyD
27th May 2009, 09:42 PM
You draw on what?

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2009, 09:46 PM
Even with your missus?

henno
27th May 2009, 09:46 PM
I draw on bare schlong on bare arse.

;)

henno
27th May 2009, 09:47 PM
Even with your missus?

I don't want girls-germs!

seahorse
28th May 2009, 03:13 PM
I hate to interrupt your flirting gents, but to answer your question Oz:

This club goes well, it is the longest I have used, it gets the ball up high and long.
I am looking for something more forgiving as I have a bit of a nasty slice, not the clubs fault, just my swing, having said that I hit the SMT a lot straighter and longer than my Callaway FT3

It has a gripmaster leather grip, is 46" stiff shaft cause it is a deep bore it plays about 45", yes it is the Assassin II world championship shaft, condition conservative 8/10 no sky marks some slight scratching on sole

Lucasto23
28th May 2009, 03:16 PM
Speaking of Cobra L4V's - as we are ;) - Sale price of $195 + postage ??? offers ???

Are you intrested in a trade plus some cash for an MT460 10.5* with 70g vs proto stiff at 45inch legnth?

oz
29th May 2009, 08:32 AM
Seahorse, Zig, & Lucasto - I am back home tomorrow, and have some interest in your trade offers. I will try and get some pics up of the L4V over the weekend. No schlongs - I promise.

oz
31st May 2009, 07:56 AM
Sorry guys. My pro has offered to take it back, which has solved the issue for me. Thanks to all that offered some trade fodder.

adlo
31st May 2009, 01:48 PM
Sorry guys. My pro has offered to take it back, which has solved the issue for me. Thanks to all that offered some trade fodder.

No thanks to the thread jackers? :-k

oz
31st May 2009, 01:54 PM
:lol: and to them too.... I now know more than I ever wanted to about naval-schlong-swiping.... :lol:

BTW - FT-5 Tour on it's way to fill the gap....