PDA

View Full Version : Ford Territory's

jaybam
26th May 2009, 08:22 PM
Hi all am looking at buying one of these cars and was wondering if anyone had one or has one. Opinions and any little quirks or problems you might know of. Thanks in advance.

AndyP
26th May 2009, 08:25 PM
From what I know, it's a very thirsty car.
My outlaws don't like parking it on an angle either, as it has had some trouble running after that.

Scottt
26th May 2009, 08:25 PM
They are amazing to drive and comfy for all the family. If the budget stretches, and fuel costs are acceptable, buy a Turbo. They are the duck's bollocks.

Drives like a powerful sedan with the versatility of a fourby.

Mayhem
26th May 2009, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't bother. The soft-roaders toyota make seam much better. The x-Trail is also fairly highly rated. I would consider them to be better alternatives.

PeteyD
26th May 2009, 08:28 PM
The initial reviews praised them a lot. Compared them to the BMW fourby in some of them (which was surprising). Agree with Snottt that the Turbo model is the best of them.

Toolish
26th May 2009, 08:32 PM
What are you planning to use it for?

How many people do you want to carry?

Towing?

Off Road?

things like that will tell you if it is the car you want.

There was a front brake line recall on them recently, but that is not a big issue just something to note.

henno
26th May 2009, 08:35 PM
:-" (http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/apostrophes1.html)

jaybam
26th May 2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks so far but should have offered more reason why i am considering this. Has seven seats so with the step daughter coming over every second weekend after little jaybam is born we need the extra room or take two cars. Not going to go off road will mainly be a town/everyday car for the wife. Looking at rear wheel drive varieties. Only towing it will be doing is the trailer to the tip and i really dont like the kias lol.

jaybam
26th May 2009, 08:39 PM

Couldnt help yourself could you. Lol just have to post in every thread lol.

henno
26th May 2009, 08:50 PM
Couldnt help yourself could you. Lol just have to post in every thread lol.

Oh the irony. It almost pains me to point it out! :mrgreen:

That emoticon points to http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/apostrophes1.html

Which makes it extra funny because of:

Ford Territory's

Couldnt help yourself

Yes. It's a sickness. :oops:

PeteyD
26th May 2009, 08:51 PM
Get a Delica.

just
26th May 2009, 08:54 PM
Kia Carnival EX's are fantastic are great, worth every penny. Bloke I worked with had a Territory Turbo, thought the back seats (to make it a seven seater) were useless and it was thirsty and expensive to run generally, however it was fantastic to drive.

LarryLong
26th May 2009, 08:55 PM
I hate those big, hulking SUV monstrosities. Whatever happened to the station wagon?

just
26th May 2009, 08:56 PM
Oh and only other two cars I would consider other than the Kia, would be a Tarago or a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso.

Jarro
26th May 2009, 08:56 PM
Another person who thinks they're thirsty ....

... a couple of guys at work have them and say they chew the juice like you wouldn't believe !

Scottt
26th May 2009, 08:59 PM
As Clarkson says, it ain't the car that's thirsty, it's how you drive it. Driven sensibly, the Territory is in the same ballpark as others in the class.

PeteyD
26th May 2009, 09:03 PM
I hate those big, hulking SUV monstrosities. Whatever happened to the station wagon?

Oddly enough most of the big hulking SUV monstrosities are the same size or smaller than the wagons.

Ned
26th May 2009, 09:10 PM
I have an AWD Ghia.

Used these extensively as a Tool of Trade vehicle when in the bank. (And flogged %$#@ out of them and they still bounced back no problem)

Like you I need them for 7 seats.

Depending if you are buying the 4 speed or 6 speed version will determine how good fuel economy is. (Also if you have a good mechanic who knows how to tune them along with using the computer software to get best performance out of)

Carnival's are still plagued with transmission and diff issues. (Have been looking at people movers for a couple of years)

As opposed to Pajero's, Landcrushers etc, they match up well as people movers. (Keep in mind that rear two seats are weight limited I believe) so depending on how long and what size kids you are going to taxi around.

Towing is good and if its only family box trailer then no need for heavy duty towing pack. (Standard pack is good enough to tow buggy trailer - Get knicked Hux)

The break recall thing was no drama, the only issue we have had is ensuring that the tyres are balanced regularly, steering is up to scratch and tyre pressure is equal, if not having one of those out makes the ABS and Traction Control kick in on cornering and range work when it shouldn't.

Hux
26th May 2009, 09:16 PM
They sell them in pommy land Scotttttt? Or you guessing.

Drove them at work for the past couple of years - all base model 4sp autos (probably 6 cars in total) all did between 60k km and 140k km eg the last one was 140k km between Dec 08 and late April 09 before replacement (your tax dollars hard at work). Interior holds up really well. No squeeks etc. They do suffer from a loosening of the exhaust manifold which if left to government mechanics for repairs can lead to cracking of the exhaust. However a competent mechanic could no doubt address the issue easily.
Same with a front suspension rattle. I believe it was link pin bushes or similar not being replaced even though the car went in for warranty work (and it was only on the last one we had which did the highest km's very quickly).

Anyway yes they do use fuel. Govt povo pack doesn't have computer and we just filled it when it was low but I would guesstimate 14+l/100km single occupants but loaded up in the cargo area.

The last replacement was just before I changed areas and it was to a Toyo Kluger FWD version. Not as comfortable for me to sit in, don't like FWD big cars especially in the wet. But in the few 100km's I did it was okay. Don't seem to recall it being any better on fuel though.

Hope that helps - no major issues, but the 4spd auto is a dog compared to the 6A in the turbo models :-)

just
26th May 2009, 09:18 PM
Carnival's are still plagued with transmission and diff issues. (Have been looking at people movers for a couple of years)

I hear this a bit, and yet I am still to meet an owner (and there are a lot of them about) who had a problem or read about a problem with the EX (the post 2006) model.

The LS model had the problems.

jaybam
26th May 2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks all for the input. Appreciate it.

LarryLong
26th May 2009, 09:31 PM
Oddly enough most of the big hulking SUV monstrosities are the same size or smaller than the wagons.

Really? I guess they just look bigger. Are they higher? Higher off the ground? Or is it just the American chunky less window, more metal look that makes them seem so freakin' huge?

I just get annoyed when one blocks the view from my smallish sedan.

Oh, and don't get me started on that smug woman with the eyes in the back of her head in the ads.......

Deano
26th May 2009, 09:34 PM
I got an '07 plate TX, had it close on 18 months now and not one problem.
Driven sensibly I don't find it overly thirsty, fill all 7 seats and you notice the difference
at the pump. But hey, ya gotta expect that.
I've heard there's a turbo deisel coming, that would be the way to go.

henno
26th May 2009, 09:35 PM
Are they higher?

Yes.

Higher off the ground?

Yes.

I believe PeteyD was refering to overall length and weight. Width would be similar. (After all, the Territory is a nothing more than a glorified Falcon under it's skin.)

BrisVegas
26th May 2009, 09:45 PM
new or used?

If used, then go for an AWD Ghia with the reverse camera, leather and all the Ghia goodness... Plenty of people convert Territories to LPG which makes them as cheap to run as a 4 cyl hatch.

If new, then I'd say wait til next year when the 3.0 turbo diesel comes out. They've rejigged the models with the last "mini" facelift and now the base models get more gear, more safety and don't have the dodgey grey paint on the cladding. So, a new base spec diesel might be good buying.

Of the midsize 'SUV's' the Territory would be the pick for drivers. A couple of years ago Wheels mag did a big Active Safety test (around the time the Kluger rolled over) and found the Territory was safer and better to drive than a Commodore and was better through the slalem, ie. it doesn't drive like a tall truck.

PeteyD
26th May 2009, 09:49 PM
Yes. Henno the threadjacker has helped.

henno
26th May 2009, 09:51 PM
Yes. Henno the threadjacker has helped.

Finally. It only took 2,145 posts. :-s

PeteyD
26th May 2009, 09:54 PM
yea try and get a good post in the next 1000 or so ;)

Moe Norman
27th May 2009, 07:28 PM
been thinking about upgrading lately myself.

The bride wants to update the Tribute to a Prado, but I've considered meeting her in the middle on a Territory.

However, given I could be out of a job at the flick of a switch in this market - I might hold onto my pennies!

Those deals Ford are offering on the Territory sure are tempting though.

Grunt
27th May 2009, 07:31 PM
If they go the turbo Diesel it will be one awesome Family Truckster. As it is on the Falcon template, it will be interesting to see what they fit in as that would possibly mean a diesel Falcon is not far away.

BrisVegas
27th May 2009, 07:38 PM
Captiva, Kluger & Prado are smashing the Territory in sales. Apparently diesel makes up 50% of medium SUV sales. Ford would do well to tap into that market.

PeteyD
27th May 2009, 08:18 PM
Territory is hardly against a Prado??

BrisVegas
27th May 2009, 08:24 PM
They are considered medium SUV's. along with things like CX9, Pajero, Pathfinder, Discovery etc etc...

PeteyD
27th May 2009, 08:26 PM
So Toyota cheat and have numerous models in the one class? I'd have thought the Klugar and Prado would be different. Anyway ...

BrisVegas
27th May 2009, 08:28 PM
have a look outside any school in australia at 3pm and you'll see they are in the same market!

PeteyD
27th May 2009, 08:36 PM
Touche!

giddyupgaz
27th May 2009, 09:13 PM
Had one when I did some consultancy work for racing Vic, was a piece of shite - thirsty and rattled a lot. was roomy but didn't like the feel of it, felt a bit light on the steering when traveling along at 110+. May have been one with the tranny problems from memory as it was a bit shaky on the changes as well, not sure if it got sent in for fixing or just changed over.
Have a Commodore sportswagon at the moment(wife has a Mazda Tribute), the sportswagon is awesome, roomy and very nice to drive. the Tribute is a soccer Mum car and if not for ease of entry to the clubs i could not find much to reccommend it.

Moe Norman
27th May 2009, 09:27 PM
I would have thought that a Prado doesn't compete with a Territory given the ~$20k difference in the cost of a base model?

PeteyD
27th May 2009, 09:29 PM
That was my thunking.

jaybam
2nd June 2009, 07:44 PM
Just got home from picking up our new used car. Ended up finding a really nice 06 territory ghia. Very low klms, fully optioned and has the seven seats. Lovely car to drive but god help me i cant beleive i actually bought a ford. Thought it was a sick joke at first but oh well.

PeteyD
2nd June 2009, 07:45 PM
Good on ya!

AlexMc
2nd June 2009, 09:43 PM
Good choice going used. The resale value on them are awful. I've had a couple of clients who are putting in a bunch of cash to repay their leases upon trading them...

BrisVegas
2nd June 2009, 09:48 PM
Just got home from picking up our new used car. Ended up finding a really nice 06 territory ghia. Very low klms, fully optioned and has the seven seats. Lovely car to drive but god help me i cant beleive i actually bought a ford.

nice pickup mate. I'm jealous!

If used, then go for an AWD Ghia with the reverse camera, leather and all the Ghia goodness...

BrisVegas
18th November 2009, 03:19 PM
How's your Territory going jaybam?

We might be looking at getting a new family wagon sooner rather than later. I still reckon a used Territory is good buying.

AndyP
18th November 2009, 03:19 PM
Going for the 7-seater?

BrisVegas
18th November 2009, 03:23 PM
yeah. Would make life a lot easier with all the kid shuffling and dropoffs we do in the neighbourhood. Looking at used 05/06 vintage, for circa $20k.

Won't necessarily buy a Territory, but the other 7 seater options are a bit less appealing.... ie. Odyssey, Grandis, Carnival, Rondo etc...

zigwah
18th November 2009, 03:39 PM
Landcruiser

just
18th November 2009, 03:46 PM
Vegas
I see you more as a Citroen C4 Picasso man.

BrisVegas
18th November 2009, 03:48 PM
i'd love a C4 just, but I'd want a new one under warranty and that's too much $$. I also like the 308Touring, but it's the same problem.

BrisVegas
18th November 2009, 04:10 PM
how cool are these things!

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/search/vehicle-details/D_13405374/@Ns=pYear|1||Make|0||Model|0||Badge|0||Series|0||p Price|0||pAdType|1||pSortDateListed|1||pPhotos|1|| pPrice_private_sale|0||pPrice_dealer_trade|0||pPri ce_dealer_retail|0&origin=browse&type=cars&N=4294962119+362+417+46++492+++4294964118&searchType=1&vehicleType=1

It would be like the 'A Team'!! :cool:

PeteyD
18th November 2009, 04:18 PM
Is that a grey import?

just
18th November 2009, 04:19 PM
The new V6 Ultima is a stunner but pricey. I'd love one.

just
18th November 2009, 04:20 PM
Is that a grey import?
That one probably is Pete, but you can get the new versions here, I think they are around $100k.

PeteyD
18th November 2009, 04:55 PM
Ouch!

Pieface
18th November 2009, 05:15 PM
I hired a 4 Cylinder Tarago to drive the rello's about Sydney a couple of weeks back. I was very impressed and I was more than prepared to bag it. It's pretty willing with VVT-i motor - you're obviously not going to win a traffic light war with a Territory but it squirts up to 60 OK and gets you into the traffic flow safely. The sliding rear doors and general layout made for a pretty flexible vehicle although cargo space is obviously reduced in the 8 seat layout.

I'd consider this car if I needed to regularly shift a mass of people. V6 would just be gravy :mrgreen:

jaybam
18th November 2009, 06:43 PM
Vegas its great. Hasnt missed a beat and all it has cost me is my license :)
Thing is like a cocoon not like our old rattle traps. Just had the 60k service done and was surprised how reasonable the price was. The seven seats are good too if the kids arent getting along lol.

BrisVegas
18th November 2009, 09:13 PM
did you get an AWD or RWD? how's the fuel usage?

Friends of ours got an 04 AWD Ghia and they plan to take it up the beach on Fraser island etc. I cant imagine they'd be much good for off-roading, but it would be cool if they handled beach sand so we could get to the good campsites.... The 6speed in the AWD might help offset the extra weight too perhaps?

Hux
18th November 2009, 09:29 PM
Dion

Not sure how experienced you are with beach driving but the hardest thing for the terri on beaches will be the really soft exits onto the beach. With relatively low profile tyres it is difficult to get floatation plus relatively limited clearance and no Low range. The LSD is pretty good on my ute so I assume in the Terri so that will help with traction. The 6A is the best domestic fit auto in aus.

One way to overcome alot of sand issues is HP. Get the turbo Ghia :-)

jaybam
18th November 2009, 09:38 PM
Mate we only got the rear wheel drive ghia. No intention of taking it off road. Wife drives it more than me but she regulary gets 600klms to the tank. If i drive its closer to the 500klm mark ;) love the way the extra seats fold right under the floor as well. Leaves a nice flat boot space.

gazgolf1
18th November 2009, 09:54 PM
how cool are these things!

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/search/vehicle-details/D_13405374/@Ns=pYear|1||Make|0||Model|0||Badge|0||Series|0||p Price|0||pAdType|1||pSortDateListed|1||pPhotos|1|| pPrice_private_sale|0||pPrice_dealer_trade|0||pPri ce_dealer_retail|0&origin=browse&type=cars&N=4294962119+362+417+46++492+++4294964118&searchType=1&vehicleType=1

It would be like the 'A Team'!! :cool:

Looks like The Munsters car. ;)

BrisVegas
30th November 2009, 09:49 PM
yeah. Would make life a lot easier with all the kid shuffling and dropoffs we do in the neighbourhood. Looking at used 05/06 vintage, for circa $20k.

Won't necessarily buy a Territory, but the other 7 seater options are a bit less appealing.... ie. Odyssey, Grandis, Carnival, Rondo etc...

after some to-ing and fro-ing, we've decided we can survive without the 7 seats for a bit longer. We'll reassess the situation in a few years time when both our kids are in school and playing weekend sport etc..

In the meantime, we're taking the Holden Nova to the wreckers for scrap and getting a tidy new Ford Fiesta as a city runabout. Should have something by late Jan/early Feb. The Focus is going great, so that will become my car and the "big" car for trips etc. The Fiesta is a cool little jigger, that I am actually looking forward to driving myself...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ford-ws-fiesta-zetec_1.jpg

PeteyD
30th November 2009, 09:52 PM
Getting a sunroof for your hea to stick out? hehe :)

BrisVegas
30th November 2009, 09:54 PM
I'm test driving one this Saturday to make sure I fit. It's gonna be Sandy's car, but I'd like to be able to drive it if needed. Jeremy Clarkson fits ok, and he looks pretty tall...

http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=h_KIqdS1SO0&feature=PlayList&p=4USk1FYpUbI

goughy
1st December 2009, 09:13 AM
I like your 'big' car. Things didn't turn out well for us so we can no longer get a car. So our big car is a 'hiace commuter 12 seater'. Great for when the kids play soccer and we wanna take the team to macca's.

grandmasterb
1st December 2009, 10:22 AM
We test drove a territory last week and it was the biggest bucket of underpowered, overweight bolts i've ever been in!!!

PeteyD
1st December 2009, 12:06 PM
Seriously? What was it old second hand one? Never heard of them refered to in that way.

grandmasterb
1st December 2009, 12:14 PM
Seriously? What was it old second hand one? Never heard of them refered to in that way.

We test drove a second hand 07 to start with then went to compare it with the new one and they were were on par with each.

Settled on a VE SSV instead :mrgreen:

Daves
1st December 2009, 12:39 PM
We test drove a second hand 07 to start with then went to compare it with the new one and they were were on par with each.

You like driving slow then:smt079

BrisVegas
1st December 2009, 12:44 PM

oh dear. :roll:

PeteyD
1st December 2009, 12:49 PM

Weird.

grandmasterb
1st December 2009, 12:59 PM
You like driving slow then:smt079

Given that the speed limit is 100k's i think it will serve the purpose for what we need it for.

Oh and if i want thrills i can always take the race car, drift car or the bike out for some fun ;)

oh dear. :roll:

Back in your box you Ford fan!!!

PeteyD
1st December 2009, 01:20 PM
Well no. You bag a large 4wd style vehicle and then compare it to a performance sedan. Back in your box holden wanker.

grandmasterb
1st December 2009, 01:30 PM
Well no. You bag a large 4wd style vehicle and then compare it to a performance sedan. Back in your box holden wanker.

No we compared it to the other toy 4wds we test drove and formed pretty much the same opinion across the board on all of them.

We settled on the wagon as that is what we were replacing and decided to go with the SS as its not much more than if we were to buy the SV6

As for being a "holden wanker" i own holdens, fords, nissans and toyotas ;)

PeteyD
1st December 2009, 01:45 PM
hmm pretty sure the territory is not classed as a toy 4WD.

poidda
1st December 2009, 01:52 PM

It sure is. It would struggle on wet grass! :roll:

grandmasterb
1st December 2009, 02:06 PM

Your opinion but i wouldn't dream of taking it to half the spots i go with the hilux just to surf/camp let alone going off road here.

Dont get me wrong i could appreciate the design and thought that had gone into the territory and if you have a family then it would be a great troop carrier, my sister is a testament to that.

But we needed something that we could take the dogs to the beach in, throw the kayaks on the roof easily, tow the race cars/boat/jetski with (and not cost a fortune in fuel) commute to & from work everyday (again not costing a fortune in fuel) spacious inside (im 6'4" & my partner is 6" so both taller than average with looooooooooong legs) and something that we can hold onto few 5-10years and not have to upgrade if/when we start a family :mrgreen:

goughy
1st December 2009, 02:10 PM
I remember one of my reps got one as his company car when they first came out. He said he was glad it came with a fuel card 'cause it drank like Andy Cap!

PeteyD
1st December 2009, 02:16 PM
yea they are supposed to be thirsty suckers.

grandmasterb
1st December 2009, 02:22 PM
I remember one of my reps got one as his company car when they first came out. He said he was glad it came with a fuel card 'cause it drank like Andy Cap!

yea they are supposed to be thirsty suckers.

We drove it for about 3 hours and averaged 17L per 100ks so i can only imagine what it would be like towing :shock:

What i couldn't really understand was that it runs the same 4L that comes in the falcons but just felt "sluggish" and non responsive when you put your foot down.

Even with the weight difference & slight ratio difference it still didn't account for just revving and not actually going anyway!!!

BrisVegas
1st December 2009, 02:24 PM
The Titleist rep had a Territory parked on the driving range at brooky last weekend. I asked him what he thought of it and he said it's the best wagon he's had. He folded the seat flat and fitted a truckload of bags, clubs, signage and assorted crap in it and he said it drove like a dream.

I am still interested in the Territory, but will wait and see what the 2.7 V6 diesel is like when it comes out next year. A diesel would take the edge off the fuel usage for something as big and heavy as a Territory. (And Pajero/Pathy/Prado etc etc..). The engine was rated around 10l/100km when fitted to the heavier Discovery 3.

grandmasterb
1st December 2009, 02:29 PM
The Titleist rep had a Territory parked on the driving range at brooky last weekend. I asked him what he thought of it and he said it's the best wagon he's had. He folded the seat flat and fitted a truckload of bags, clubs, signage and assorted crap in it and he said it drove like a dream.

I am still interested in the Territory, but will wait and see what the 2.7 V6 diesel is like when it comes out next year. A diesel would take the edge off the fuel usage for something as big and heavy as a Territory. (And Pajero/Pathy/Prado etc etc..). The engine was rated around 10l/100km when fitted to the heavier Discovery 3.

They have heaps of room and 27 "storage" compartments but we compared it to a Kluger and was pretty much on par.

goughy
1st December 2009, 02:30 PM
I have no issues with them. Just remember him saying they drank a lot. My mates got a new one and it is damn nice inside and we packed a stack of band equipment in it. Very practical if you need that.

990B Luva
1st December 2009, 11:01 PM
Dion, just be aware that the Territory is known for flogging out diff bushes (ala BA-BF-FG) and also, lower ball joints. a ZF equipped Turbo Ghia would be the pick of the bunch though. Also, what model Fiesta are you looking at? The ECOnetic?

BrisVegas
2nd December 2009, 08:33 AM
2010 Fiesta Zetec 5 door.... until something else takes her fancy. :wink:

PeteyD
4th December 2009, 10:13 AM
I was thinking the Terri is more an AWD, like the subarus. Anyway.

How did the test drive in the Festy go?

BrisVegas
4th December 2009, 10:53 AM
yeah took the Fez for a spin yesterday arvo. It's a nice little car. Heaps of head and leg room and enough power to make it useful. By comparison to my 'small' Focus, it was just a tad narrower and felt a bit more 'lively'. It'd be fine for the city, but the Focus is a lot more comfortably for highway runs. Sandra's smitten with it, although I would also like to look at some of the other options eg. new Lancer/i30 or a 2-3 yo Merc A170 or Golf etc.. no rush I guess as the Nova is still rattling along.

Captain Nemo
4th December 2009, 11:50 AM
Hi all am looking at buying one of these cars and was wondering if anyone had one or has one. Opinions and any little quirks or problems you might know of. Thanks in advance.

Forrester Turbo kicks its arse!

drnick
4th December 2009, 12:03 PM

Yep!!!

My old one -

http://drnick.com.au/pics/cars/xt/Foz300508-2.jpg

Miss it a heap, should have kept it! Does get a little small if you have two young kids, I would rather a Terry Turbo Ghia at that point if the budget is there.

S

PeteyD
4th December 2009, 12:10 PM
We had a Forrester GT and found it too small.

drnick
4th December 2009, 12:17 PM
We had a Forrester GT and found it too small.

Yeah, they get a little too small on the inside but overall are a great car.

S

jaybam
4th December 2009, 01:43 PM

Yeah but not a seven seater you twits. Subaru shit

PeteyD
4th December 2009, 02:30 PM
Yea people have difficulty comparing like with like. Mind you I like subies an don't think they are crap. I like the territory as well.

jaybam
4th December 2009, 02:52 PM
Why arent you on the golf course today pete?? awesome day for it?

PeteyD
4th December 2009, 07:04 PM
Kids finished school. Did go and play in the chook run this arvo though.

990B Luva
4th December 2009, 11:53 PM
yeah took the Fez for a spin yesterday arvo. It's a nice little car. Heaps of head and leg room and enough power to make it useful. By comparison to my 'small' Focus, it was just a tad narrower and felt a bit more 'lively'. It'd be fine for the city, but the Focus is a lot more comfortably for highway runs. Sandra's smitten with it, although I would also like to look at some of the other options eg. new Lancer/i30 or a 2-3 yo Merc A170 or Golf etc.. no rush I guess as the Nova is still rattling along.

Dion,

Check out the Fiesta ECOnetic, Amazing fuel economy, even if it is a Diesel, 3.2L/100k Combined ADR, on the Global Green Challenge got 2.9L/100k at one stage.

BrisVegas
5th December 2009, 08:27 PM
yeah, i'm not interested in the econetic though. If they offered the 1.6 TDCi with Powershift auto it'd be worth a look, but the eco is manual only and is pretty stripped out. The Zetec is a nicely specced car and is rated at 4.9l/100km highway which is plenty efficient enough.

BrisVegas
7th December 2009, 01:09 PM
Just bought a Fiesta Zetec. nice little car. Should have by the weekend or early next week. I was gonna wait for a 2010 model, but Ford can't make these things fast enough for the demand so it would have been March before we'd get it.

BrisVegas
11th December 2009, 09:46 AM
Picked up the Fez last night. Already have 100km on it! Love it. Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a fun small car.

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/BrisVegas/th_DSC00702.jpg (http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/BrisVegas/?action=view&current=DSC00702.jpg)http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/BrisVegas/th_DSC00703.jpg (http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/BrisVegas/?action=view&current=DSC00703.jpg)http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/BrisVegas/th_DSC00704.jpg (http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/BrisVegas/?action=view&current=DSC00704.jpg)

Anyone want an unroadworthy 95 Holden Nova with 300,000km on it? Missing a couple of rear quarter windows and full of rust? Just needs a little TLC! Has cold aircon.

PeteyD
11th December 2009, 09:51 AM
Swap for 6 used pro v1s? ;)

Looks great. Would suit the wife with her community nursing.

BrisVegas
11th December 2009, 10:02 AM
nice one Richard. That thing is sex on a stick. :cool:

just
11th December 2009, 10:03 AM
Can you get Sandman painted on the side? Those side windows need to be replaced by back bubble windows.

Daves
11th December 2009, 10:30 AM
Gotta have a foxtail too, and a dirty old mattress in the back.

BrisVegas
11th December 2009, 10:34 AM
that logo looks like a kid hanging on to a rope about to swing out into a river....