PDA

View Full Version : Gailes GC, Sun Jan 9, 12:30p

AndyP
4th January 2005, 03:28 PM
Now that I am not playing on the Saturday, to avoid withdrawal symptoms I am organising a round on the Sunday at Gailes.

Tee time booked for 12:30p. Cost should be $8.80.

Current participants:
1. AndyP
2. BrisVegas
3. Choppa

One spot available in this group, and should be plenty of other times available also.

Davemason
4th January 2005, 03:31 PM
Can't move it to Sunday morning????
12:30 is a bit late in the day but if we stay Sunday night I'll be in.

AndyP
4th January 2005, 03:33 PM
Can't move it to Sunday morning????
12:30 is a bit late in the day but if we stay Sunday night I'll be in.
Sorry Dave. Their tee times start at 11am, and to allow us to get some "chores" done at home in the morning, we have booked it as late as possible.

BrisVegas
4th January 2005, 03:44 PM
Brooky17 is in...

1. AndyP
2. BrisVegas
3. choppa
4. brooky17

Any interest in a second group ?

AndyP
4th January 2005, 03:52 PM
Brooky17 is in...
Added the names to the timesheet. If any others would like to play, I will try to grab another time close (which shouldn't be a problem). There was also room for a two in the tee time after ours.

Vegas, will Brooky17 have his new clubs with him? Or was he just getting fitted in WA and they will follow him later?

BrisVegas
4th January 2005, 03:57 PM
Vegas, will Brooky17 have his new clubs with him? Or was he just getting fitted in WA and they will follow him later?

Only had a quick chat with him and he said he got Head components made up for him. He also got one of those Titleist rescue/hybrid things like Nudgee had. Sounded very happy with them. Gonna go to willawong tomorrow night and check em out.

Don't know where the idea for Head clubs came from, as I thought the pro had a deal with TM for RAC combo's. But whatever works best I guess! I saw some Head irons at GCI ages ago and they looked pretty nice. As long as the shaft and fitment is done right, they should work great.

Davemason
5th January 2005, 08:06 PM
Hey I'll be able to play if any one wants to start a second group. They won't let us go as a 5 will they ?

Ps where is Gailes GC

AndyP
5th January 2005, 08:43 PM
Hey I'll be able to play if any one wants to start a second group. They won't let us go as a 5 will they ?

Ps where is Gailes GC
Dave, as I mentioned previously, there was room for two people in the group after us (at least there was yesterday). So we just need one more. Otherwise we could go as a three and a two.

Gailes GC is just off the main road between Brisbane and Ipswich.

BrisVegas
6th January 2005, 11:06 AM
Anyone else interested in playing Gailes Sunday arvo??? :?

Iain? gazgolf? ozmacelod? Terry? davidp? damoocow?

terryand
6th January 2005, 11:13 AM

Sorry Vegas, I'll be back to one game every week or two after the last 2 weeks :?

Terry.

BrisVegas
6th January 2005, 11:25 AM
rok is in...

1. rok
2. BrisVegas
3. choppa
4. brooky17

5. AndyP
6. davemason

No probs Terry, I understand. I'm just making hay while the sun shines, so to speak.... :wink:

AndyP
6th January 2005, 12:15 PM
And Booked.

12:30p
1. rok
2. BrisVegas
3. choppa
4. brooky17

12:36p
5. AndyP
6. davemason

Choppa
6th January 2005, 02:51 PM
Giddy up. Thanks for organising this guys. I'm keen as.......

Davemason
6th January 2005, 05:05 PM
Hey thanks guys for fitting me in, btw how long would it take me if I was travelling from the CBD to Gailes?

terryand
6th January 2005, 05:07 PM
Hey thanks guys for fitting me in, btw how long would it take me if I was travelling from the CBD to Gailes?

Give yourself 30 min, that'll do it easy.More like 20,but you better safe than sorry.

Terry.

Eag's
6th January 2005, 05:14 PM

Would love to play Gailes again but working the arvo shift :(
Wonder if there are any early tee times left :-k
Might ring them early tomorow.

BrisVegas
6th January 2005, 05:56 PM

Would love to play Gailes again but working the arvo shift :(
Wonder if there are any early tee times left :-k
Might ring them early tomorow.

Sunday comps at Gailes only kickoff from 11:00am Rich. Sorry mate. :cry:

Eag's
6th January 2005, 09:17 PM
Bugger :(

BrisVegas
9th January 2005, 07:16 PM
Thought AndyP might have posted these scores already... So, anyway:-

davemason - 35
choppa - 32
andyP - 32
BrisVegas - 31
Brooky17 - 28
rok - 27

Well played Dave!

The rest of us got nothing. I hear AndyP is looking for a new putting guru after Doctor Bob Rotella left him high and dry today with 38 putts. :oops:

Gailes was in good shape, but the greens needed another mow. Too fuzzy.

Jarro
10th January 2005, 01:01 AM
I hear AndyP is looking for a new putting guru after Doctor Bob Rotella left him high and dry today with 38 putts. :oops:

OUCH :!: :x

i thought that was the strongest part of your game at the moment too AndyP :?

AndyP
10th January 2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the day, Dave, and well played, although we both know it could easily have been better. ;)

Wow, just caught the papers.....44 points won it and the CCR was 70 (par 73). Didn't know they let mens comps play from the red markers. :shock:
The course definitely wasn't hard. :oops:
The White markers ACR is 71.

I hear AndyP is looking for a new putting guru after Doctor Bob Rotella left him high and dry today with 38 putts. :oops:

OUCH :!: :x
i thought that was the strongest part of your game at the moment too AndyP :?
Maybe playing a different style of green every week is getting to me. I'm struggling with the read and length.

Hopefully Dave and I have recruited a couple more members after yesterdays round, including a lady member of Brisbane GC, who may invite us to some of their Invitational days. 8)

BrisVegas
10th January 2005, 08:46 AM
Wow, just caught the papers.....44 points won it and the CCR was 70 (par 73). Didn't know they let mens comps play from the red markers. :shock:

Sheesh. He shoots 36 points for the first time in 2 years and thinks he can start talking trash. :roll: :roll:

markTHEblake
10th January 2005, 09:38 AM
He shoots 36 points for the first time in 2 years and thinks he can start talking trash. :roll: :roll:

what do you mean 'start' ?

Davemason
10th January 2005, 05:13 PM
First time at Gailes GC and loved it .Thank god the course flatten out after the 2nd ,what a way to start a round. Not to hard and not to easy ,I'm with BrisVegas the greens were a bit furry, but could have played it better just a few silly mistakes.
Nice course , nice day ,nice group of players. Thanks for the game :smt023