PDA

View Full Version : Another Shaft Question

Yossarian
25th May 2009, 06:41 PM
I'm going through a stage of reshafting some clubs in my bag and am looking for something for the woods. I've been trying to get out hit a few different models to see what I like and what I don't.
At the moment my SQ 5000 has an Aldila Vs Proto ByYou 65g S flex. I don't mind it but as others have said I find it a bit spinny.
Of the clubs I have hit recently the shaft that I like the most is the stock standard shaft in my srixon M steel. It’s an SV-3008 62g S flex.
What would be a comparable driver shaft that I could try and would I get the same kind of ball flight from a driver with a similar sort of shaft?
Any suggestions welcome:) Cheers guys

adlo
25th May 2009, 07:01 PM
Best value shafts around here would be the Accra's Virge is selling.

Yossarian
25th May 2009, 07:51 PM
They look pretty good actually, how do they compare in flex to other shafts? Would the stiff aldila be the same as a stiff accra?
Would I notice any difference with a different weight?

adlo
25th May 2009, 07:55 PM
Ask Virge in the Accra thread. Looking at the CPM's listed on the website, I would say the Accra's are on the stiff side.

zigwah
25th May 2009, 08:05 PM
Aldila DVS ;)

virge666
25th May 2009, 09:16 PM
Aldila DVS ;)

Run screaming from Aldila. Since you are not going to buy a real one - the cheap OEM shafts are absolute rubbish matched on weight only. You may as well make your own shaft from old HB pencils.

The Accra is a low spin shaft - so a lower ball flight will result.

Closer would be a $40 HTD 65 in Stiff to you Aldila. If you want less spin a GXS in Stiff would be a nice middle ground, followed by the IRod driver.

PeteyD
25th May 2009, 09:26 PM
How does the irod driver compare to the irod hybrids?

virge666
25th May 2009, 09:33 PM
How does the irod driver compare to the irod hybrids?

Same sort of flight. mid flight.

I have one in my XCG Tour Exotics.

PeteyD
25th May 2009, 09:40 PM
hmmm any in reg left?

virge666
25th May 2009, 10:36 PM
hmmm any in reg left?

Don't think so - let me check in the morning.

adlo
25th May 2009, 10:39 PM
Virge, if I wanted to get a shaft in stiff flex to tinker with (working on a few things from David Williams and razaar to power up the swing), any ideas for someone who likes the UST HMOI or HL?

virge666
26th May 2009, 10:18 AM
Virge, if I wanted to get a shaft in stiff flex to tinker with (working on a few things from David Williams and razaar to power up the swing), any ideas for someone who likes the UST HMOI or HL?

yeah mate - any of the UST shafts would be fine... any CB, GX or IRod shaft for $40 would be fine.

simmsy
26th May 2009, 11:09 AM
Adlo, I grabbed a HTD CB70 from Virge, really nice shaft if you wanted to try it out you are more than welcome. I wont need it for a week or two.

Let me know..

adlo
26th May 2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks gents, I will PM you Virge.