PDA

View Full Version : Nudgee or Redcliffe???????

Ferrins
25th May 2009, 07:54 AM
Currently a member of Nudgee but years back was a member of Redcliffe. I am considering resigning and going back to Redcliffe. Anyone got any thoughts about the merits of this decision. My reasoning so far: I enjoy playing Redcliffe better and believe it is more challenging. Redcliffe is usually in better condition.

razaar
25th May 2009, 08:39 AM
Give John McDonald (Sec/Manager Reddy) a call and get all the info about playing competition on a Saturday. Understand it maybe a ballot draw at the club on the preceeding Fri evening which determines who makes it on to the sheet. Reddy's membership seems to have increased especially since the explosion of Northlakes. Can't see the sense in joining if you don't live in the Reddy area, under these conditions.:?

Jarro
25th May 2009, 01:05 PM
Currently a member of Nudgee but years back was a member of Redcliffe. I am considering resigning and going back to Redcliffe. Anyone got any thoughts about the merits of this decision. My reasoning so far: I enjoy playing Redcliffe better and believe it is more challenging. Redcliffe is usually in better condition.

I considered this option too before i joined Nudgee.

The reason i ended up chosing Nudgee was the fact that they had two seperate courses and getting on was not an option. Redcliffe can be hard to get on in comps (weekends)

Another reason was $$$$$ ... Redcliffe was a fair bit more to join when i checked it last.

I might still end up going to Redcliffe anyway .... it all depends if they **** up the redesign at Nudgee or not :?

just
25th May 2009, 01:25 PM
I think the fees are not too different these days. I also checked out Redcliffe, because its marginally closer to home, but the lack of online booking and the draw for Saturday rounds were deal breakers. I'll stick with Nudgee for the moment, especially if it still keeps two course, because I like early Sunday comps.

sms316
21st October 2009, 02:33 PM
After playing in the Wednesday comp this morning, I joined Redcliffe today.

Probably the best of the "members courses" that I have played since moving to Brisbane. Certainly shits on Nudgee and **cough** Keperra. Under $900 a year. Great value.

just
21st October 2009, 02:43 PM
For the course alone Redcliffe is better. Nudgee has other things which make it attractive such as early morning Sunday comps. I live under 10 minutes from both (closer to Recliffe) and looked at both when joining. I still prefer Nudgee, but Redcliffe is nice.
Enjoy

sms316
21st October 2009, 02:46 PM
Weekend golf is unimportant to me. That certainly swung the door in favour of Redcliffe for me.

Jarro
21st October 2009, 03:19 PM
I got hit in the nuts while playing Redcliffe.

I could never join that place, but well done Shawn

PeteyD
21st October 2009, 03:20 PM
Yea, it would be the one to join in that case. No doubt. Playing it tomorrow actually :D

PeteyD
21st October 2009, 03:21 PM
I got hit in the nuts while playing Redcliffe.

Did you try and hurdle the 150m marker?

Jarro
21st October 2009, 03:22 PM

Good to see your lobotomy went well :roll:

sms316
21st October 2009, 03:23 PM
I could never join that place, but well done Shawn
Why is that if I may ask?

:lol::lol::lol:

He wouldn't even attempt it, would he?

razaar
21st October 2009, 04:15 PM
Redcliffe once upon a time was owned by Royal Queensland, some members are still members of both clubs. If memory serves me correctly, RQ sold the Reddy property to the Members for under half a million, after asking $1.4M. If you get the chance Shaun, have a chat to Eric Oxenford (RQ) for background on Reddy. By the way, great choice of club in your situation.:D

BrisVegas
21st October 2009, 04:18 PM
good one Shaun. Redcliffe is a good test. As you said, weekend golf isn't a priority, so the Sat game ballot is not a factor.

Sydney Hacker
21st October 2009, 04:43 PM
Weekend golf is unimportant to me.

Until pennant season starts ??? You sure RQ will let you off work on the weekends to play for another club ?

gazgolf1
21st October 2009, 04:48 PM
Course slut.

sms316
21st October 2009, 06:05 PM
. By the way, great choice of club in your situation.:D

Because they are in the same pennnant division as RQ?

Until pennant season starts ??? You sure RQ will let you off work on the weekends to play for another club ?

Doubt it. By accepting the job at RQ I effectively shut the door on me playing pennant in 2010.

Course slut.
:razz:

Jarro
21st October 2009, 06:05 PM
I actually prefer the layout at Redcliffe and might still end up joining there one day, but for now Nudgee is situated on a direct route between home and work and that makes it a lot more practical. Add to the fact that the practice facilities are much better than Redcliffes and there are two courses to play/practice on then it's really a no-brainer for me.

Sydney Hacker
21st October 2009, 07:12 PM
I thought Redcliffe had decent practice facilities ?

razaar
21st October 2009, 08:12 PM
Because they are in the same pennnant division as RQ?
:razz:
No, because its the best course in acceptable driving radius. Doubt you would make the pennant team anyway.:mrgreen:

Jarro
22nd October 2009, 04:55 AM

Not at all.

A short game area about 50 meters long (beside the first hole) and a very dodgy putting green.

Sydney Hacker
22nd October 2009, 05:28 AM
Not at all.

A short game area about 50 meters long (beside the first hole) and a very dodgy putting green.

A pro mate of mine once told me that there is a practice fairway there that is not very well known about. He said something about it being a replacement hole that was never used.

It might be worth enquiring about...

sms316
22nd October 2009, 06:20 AM
Probably best described as "servicable".

Doubt you would make the pennant team anyway.:mrgreen:
I don't doubt that at all.

peter_rs
22nd October 2009, 09:13 AM
runs along the 1st starts on the otherside of the club house.

I found it the first time I played.