PDA

View Full Version : Terryand's massive weight loss.

gazgolf1
3rd January 2005, 07:25 PM
So I saw Terry for the first time in a couple of months today at Nudgee and I still can't get over how different he looks :shock: .
I mean the Shrek nickname no longer works :? .
So how did you do it Tezz and how much closer are you standing to the ball. :wink:

Eag's
3rd January 2005, 07:32 PM
Yep I almost fell over when I saw him today :shock:
Bloody well done Tezza :smt023

Onewood
3rd January 2005, 08:10 PM
This is the only pic I have of the squirt :D

http://img83.exs.cx/img83/7427/tezza8sf.jpg

Jarro
3rd January 2005, 08:14 PM
I played in Tezza's group today. Although i knew he had lost a lot of weight, when i finally saw him today it was indeed a shock :shock:

Well done mate, keep it up 8)

markTHEblake
3rd January 2005, 08:15 PM
looks like we got a candidate for a new shirt (or two).

jaster
3rd January 2005, 08:17 PM
Great work Terry =D> =D> :smt023

terryand
3rd January 2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks all for the encouragement and the kind words.

For those of you that want to know the secert...Optifast...The 20 Kilo's I lost was done in a little over 8 weeks,basically living on 3 shakes a day and 2 cups of salad a night and maybe one lean beef burger a week so the kids didn't think we were punishing them not taking them to Maccas.

It's taken I bit of ticker.I won't lie to you and say its easy.Some days are and alot aren't.But because the results happen so quick, it really spurs you on to keep going.

Also to date I haven't really done any exercise (except for the normal work like digging trenches and getting on roofs in 35 degree heat),cause I want to get to 100Kilo's before I got back on my bike or started running to save my knees and my poor old 19mm bike tyres.

Now I 've reached my first target, and survived Chrissy, its back on the shakes for a week or two and then one or two meals a day with just one shake until I get to my goal weight.Even though I will be eating more with the extra exercise the weight lose should still fall off pretty quick.

As for the the affect on my golf,well the jury is still out.Not sure whether the slight improvement is from the weight loss or the amount of golf I have been playing.

One thing for sure is that days like today I still felt pretty good coming up the 18th, 2 months ago I would have been gone by the 12th.

Terry.

AndyP
3rd January 2005, 10:13 PM
For those of you that want to know the secert...Optifast...The 20 Kilo's I lost was done in a little over 8 weeks,basically living on 3 shakes a day and 2 cups of salad a night and maybe one lean beef burger a week so the kids didn't think we were punishing them not taking them to Maccas.

:?:
Can I ask how you are going to maintain this weight?
Fasting has often been found to be a short-term solution, so will you be changing your diet/lifestyle once these shakes have finished?

Well done so far. 8)

terryand
3rd January 2005, 10:19 PM
Pretty much Andy.

Now the addictions of all that yummy stuff has been broken it will be easy for a diet change.I also think that now the stomach is alot smaller,the meal sizes will be alot smaller now too.

So I guess no more meals like the bowls club down the Tweed.

Terry.

damoocow
3rd January 2005, 11:32 PM
tezza wrote

So I guess no more meals like the bowls club down the Tweed.

ah the stuff of legends ! - people still don't believe me when I tell them - but I did see it 1st hand - then I really make 'em sick when I describe macca's eating habits !

damoocow

Golfgirl
4th January 2005, 10:01 AM
Well done Terry =D>

I'm very impressed, particularly to hear that you did it with Optifast..... I have tried the meal substitution thing in the past, but I can't stick with it.... too weird not to be "eating". :oops:

However, I have lost 5 kilos since arriving in Sydney a month ago, and I can say that I am eating better (healthier) than I have done in a long time by switching to low GI foods... makes an incredible difference, and the weight is falling off without any effort at all... :D

Keep up the good work, and hope the next phase (exercise) goes well! :D

terryand
4th January 2005, 10:22 AM
Well done Terry =D>

I'm very impressed, particularly to hear that you did it with Optifast..... I have tried the meal substitution thing in the past, but I can't stick with it.... too weird not to be "eating". :oops:

However, I have lost 5 kilos since arriving in Sydney a month ago, and I can say that I am eating better (healthier) than I have done in a long time by switching to low GI foods... makes an incredible difference, and the weight is falling off without any effort at all... :D

Keep up the good work, and hope the next phase (exercise) goes well! :D

Thanks Golfgirl,

Well done on your losses too.The GI thing is one Jo and I will be moving to in the next stage of this process.

It shouldn't be to hard as I used to train for and compete in Triatalons about 6 years ago before I got Ross River Fever(which started the weight gain...Not working and just eating and sleeping)

Once I get the training bug it a snowball affect for me...Plus I can't let my 60 year old Dad beat me up those hill on our bikes :oops:

I'm also loving the new (old) wardrobe that is expanding by the week :lol:

Fitting into all my old clothes is good motavation too...Knew I kept em for a reason :wink:

My final goal is a pair old 501 jeans that I used to wear about 10 years ago 8)

Golfgirl
4th January 2005, 10:48 AM
Fitting into all my old clothes is good motavation too...Knew I kept em for a reason

My final goal is a pair old 501 jeans that I used to wear about 10 years ago

Yeah... I kept some of my old jeans too... in sizes "incy wincy" and "teeny weeny"..... :shock:

Maybe some day.... :lol:

markTHEblake
4th January 2005, 11:40 AM
Can I ask how you are going to maintain this weight?

just read Macleods editorial how to skin a rabbit. will become an instant vegetarian.

Terry lucky for you your mrs didnt throw away your old gear. My mrs did -silly cow. Now all my trousers are two sizes big.

Jarro
4th January 2005, 12:09 PM
Terry lucky for you your mrs didnt throw away your old gear. My mrs did -silly cow. Now all my trousers are two sizes big.

don't be a tightarse Blakey.

Target have kidswear on sale all the time :roll:

BrisVegas
4th January 2005, 01:16 PM

don't be a tightarse Blakey.

Target have kidswear on sale all the time :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>

terryand
8th January 2005, 05:05 PM
Spot the difference???

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/927167/BigTezza(Small).JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/927167/Tezza13thtee(Small).JPG
A bit blurry but you can get an idea.
This one is clearer but not in the same position.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/927167/LilTezza(Small).JPG

Terry.

markTHEblake
8th January 2005, 06:24 PM
Thats impossible, You sure he is not just sucking it in :?

Onewood
8th January 2005, 06:46 PM
Thats impossible, You sure he is not just sucking it in :?

He's sucking it in on the top photo :D

markTHEblake
8th January 2005, 06:49 PM
what really worries me is that if i give too much cheek now, he might be able to catch me.

terryand
8th January 2005, 06:51 PM
what really worries me is that if i give too much cheek now, he might be able to catch me.

:smt046

Terry.

Ducky
8th January 2005, 07:22 PM
Congratulations, Terry.

:smt023

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

BrisVegas
8th January 2005, 07:25 PM
Spot the difference???

Terry.

Yeah - your weight transfer is much better in the last 2 pics. Oh and there is a shedload less weight being shifted.

Good work Tez. Keep it up legend. 8)

Golfgirl
9th January 2005, 09:21 AM
Well done Tez.... the photos must make you feel really good about the effort you've put in. :D =D>

You've inspired me to get a bit more serious about taking some weight off, and I've lost another kilo this week (which makes about 7 all up).... I figure that I have still got around 15 to go before I will be happy with my weight.

marcel
9th January 2005, 03:48 PM
GG,
with running around between daycare, Sutherland and the new job I'd say you're on a natural weight reduction regime, how are things back in the (official) workforce?

Golfgirl
11th January 2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah - you could be right about that!! :D (You won't recognise me when we catch up again... :lol: :lol: )

I have hardly had a chance to eat all day, and I am out of home at 7am and not back in till 6pm every day..... :shock:

I'm loving it, although missing my golf and my little man, but it was defintely the right thing to do... :D