PDA

View Full Version : Soft grips

zigwah
20th May 2009, 05:03 PM
What are the softest grips going around?

I have winn grips atm and love them, but apparently they don't last long. Is this going to be the case with all soft grips?

virge666
20th May 2009, 05:14 PM
Softies.

Johnny Canuck
20th May 2009, 05:27 PM
I used to exclusively use Winn grips.

I used the normal, wrap style grip. It came in an "All weather" variety that lasted 10X longer and pretty well felt the same.

I've got some nice Winns on the wedges now that are holding up pretty well. I have a look later for the model number.

zigwah
20th May 2009, 05:32 PM
Softies.

Are these pricey virge? Do you think they are softer than winns?

I used to exclusively use Winn grips.

I used the normal, wrap style grip. It came in an "All weather" variety that lasted 10X longer and pretty well felt the same.

I've got some nice Winns on the wedges now that are holding up pretty well. I have a look later for the model number.

I love mine, soooo soft

virge666
20th May 2009, 05:41 PM
Are these pricey virge? Do you think they are softer than winns?

About $15 a grip - so about the norm.

zigwah
20th May 2009, 05:43 PM
About $15 a grip - so about the norm.

How do they compare in tackiness and softness to the winns or even the sidewinders?

virge666
20th May 2009, 05:44 PM
How do they compare in tackiness and softness to the winns or even the sidewinders?

They are the same grip. Golf Pride make the softies - Winn makes the wraps.

Whatever you can get for the cheapest amount.

markTHEblake
20th May 2009, 10:21 PM
Karakal "X Tack" grips are the ones I use and rave about, and other Ozgolfers have now become addicted. (search for karakal here)

Upon originally buying them, i recall that the common talk online is that they lasted longer than the Winn grips.

Bungeye
21st May 2009, 08:12 AM
I just put a set of these Karakal "X Tack"s on the missus clubs, and they certainly seem to be the softest I've regripped a club with to date. Nice feeling grips.

oldmannoodles
21st May 2009, 09:43 AM
Gripmaster - soft, durable, great looking. Not cheap though.

Rusty
21st May 2009, 11:45 AM
yes, another vote for Karakal X-tack. put them on my clubs recently. from always having to wear a glove, to hitting on the range for just over an hour, without any glove! these grips are good if you haven't got bricklayer's hands.

i rate their X-tack marginally better than their Power V range.