PDA

View Full Version : Quick Reply Function - (admin: Done)

McMw
3rd January 2005, 05:48 PM
Any plans for having this feature implemented into OzGolf soon???

goughy
3rd January 2005, 06:02 PM
We'll have to see what's available with add-ons when we upgrade. But that would be a nice feature.

Thanks McMw.

AndyP
3rd January 2005, 06:44 PM
Any plans for having this feature implemented into OzGolf soon???
Bloody good idea.
This was great in the "other" forum.
Not that I am comparing. :wink:

Perhaps we could take note of useful features of other forums that we may use, and apply them here, if possible. :idea:

Onewood
3rd January 2005, 06:55 PM
OK I'll ask.....whats a quick reply fuction do :?:

Is this so you blokes in the thousands can fit more post in a day :roll:

goughy
3rd January 2005, 07:05 PM
Perhaps we could take note of useful features of other forums that we may use, and apply them here, if possible. :idea:

That's what the suggestion box is all about. Trying to make our lives easier and more enjoyable.

McMw, clikchic said she has found some quick reply add-ons but that they were difficult to implement. Remember that neither of us a really that well versed in this stuff.

She's still looking tho.

Ducky
3rd January 2005, 09:22 PM
I can give you a hand installing it if you like, or alternatively I can walk you through it (which the readme has probably already attempted to do).

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

clikchic
8th January 2005, 11:30 PM
That's what the suggestion box is all about. Trying to make our lives easier and more enjoyable.

McMw, clikchic said she has found some quick reply add-ons but that they were difficult to implement. Remember that neither of us a really that well versed in this stuff.

She's still looking tho.

NOooooo goughy! :roll: I have not been able to find a quick reply add-on that I know definately works with the latest version of phpbb... I am still looking! If there is one not yet available I am sure there will be soon.. in the meantime I will keep looking..

clikchic
8th January 2005, 11:46 PM
I can give you a hand installing it if you like, or alternatively I can walk you through it (which the readme has probably already attempted to do).

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Thanks Ducky!

Installing it isn't the problem, that is easy enough (goughy needs to listen better! :roll: LOL), it is just that the only quick reply add on's I can find are 12mths old or more and I am concerned they may not work on the updated version of the forum....

Robyn

clikchic
16th January 2005, 12:35 PM
Hey Guys...

Just letting you know, I tried to install the quick reply function but it doesn't appear to work with this version. If anyone notices another phpbb 2.0.11 forum that has it let me know and I will try again but I don't think it works with this version...

It was a pretty easy install so it shouldn't be my installation technique... LOL

Ducky
16th January 2005, 03:56 PM
ClikChic,

You can try this hack (http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3247) which is for versions 2.0.6 to 2.0.8 of phpBB. Obviously, it's not specifically for version 2.0.11, but it will probably be your best bet as it is the most recently released quick reply/post hack.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

clikchic
17th January 2005, 09:47 AM
ClikChic,

You can try this hack (http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3247) which is for versions 2.0.6 to 2.0.8 of phpBB. Obviously, it's not specifically for version 2.0.11, but it will probably be your best bet as it is the most recently released quick reply/post hack.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Ooh! Thanks Ben!

This one didn't come up in my search when I did it, so I will give it a go when I get a chance.. I try and pick a time when there are not many of you on so I don't have to boot too many people but that doesn't happen very often! LOL

Robyn

AndyP
23rd May 2005, 09:42 AM
Coming very soon. 8)