PDA

View Full Version : When will Matt Johns be back on TV ???

3oneday
19th May 2009, 07:25 AM
Well, now the chick has been exposed as a skanky ho, and everyone has moved onto cleaning up league and exposing Willie for taking a piss :roll:..... Will he come back ? If yes, when ? If no, what will he do ??? Take up AFL commentating with Sam ???

henno
19th May 2009, 07:28 AM
He'll be back. I give it a year or two though. He seems to want to lay low for a bit.

Jarro
19th May 2009, 07:34 AM
Next year at the earliest

razaar
19th May 2009, 07:48 AM
Radio perhaps in the short time; not confident that he will reclaim his former TV popularity. Tipping he will be a popular guest speaker at sporting luncheons/dinners etc. - maybe not in kiwi land - but he still remains one of Newcastle and NSW' favourite sons. On the other hand, he is starting to look like an unlikely victim of a conspiracy so I guess anything is possible.

AndyP
19th May 2009, 07:57 AM
Has he sold his heartbreaking story to Woman's Day yet?

razaar
19th May 2009, 08:03 AM
Has he sold his heartbreaking story to Woman's Day yet?
:lol:

ddasey
19th May 2009, 08:32 AM
Rumour has it he will be working for the creators of Redtube :)

Jarro
19th May 2009, 08:33 AM
Hopefully he won't be back on the Footy Show, lets pray they can that show ASAP !!!!

sms316
19th May 2009, 08:35 AM
People still watch the Footy Show?
:roll:

Eag's
19th May 2009, 10:04 AM
So Matty boofs a chick and gets taken off air but his bro does drugs and is still on...go figure ?

Good point Rich :-k

PeteyD
19th May 2009, 10:06 AM
Yep. Very weird. Talk to Greg Matthews about how boofing chicks can get you into trouble.

Jarro
19th May 2009, 10:08 AM
So Matty boofs a chick and gets taken off air but his bro does drugs and is still on...go figure ?

Wendell has been doing a lot of TV too lately

mike
19th May 2009, 01:18 PM
Did 9 ditch Reg Regan as well?

sms316
19th May 2009, 03:18 PM
Yep. Very weird. Talk to Greg Matthews about how boofing chicks can get you into trouble.
So is it a map of Tassie stuck on his head?
:-k

Courty
19th May 2009, 03:42 PM
Probably sooner rather than later now that it's come out that the shiela was a right slapper.

henno
19th May 2009, 04:01 PM
Probably sooner rather than later now that it's come out that the shiela was a right slapper.

I didn't think there was any question she was a tramp? Seriously, she flirted with a bunch of footballers and willingly dragged a couple of strangers to a hotel room, one of them married, and became the pig-on-a-spit of the night.

The question is whether even tramps have rights beyond that point. :smt102

Sydney Hacker
19th May 2009, 04:22 PM
Didn't she have relations with 2 footballers the night before ? Obviously she could not work out if the issue had traumatised her, so she backed up the next night for more...

And her story about guys climbing through the windows to get at her was also debunked by the manager who claimed no-one would fit through them.

3oneday
19th May 2009, 04:28 PM
And her parents didn't know, but she tried committing suicide ??? That's a touch contradictory !

Anyway, the women in media have had a field day, I wonder if they are still all wetting themselves with excitement after being asked their opinion :lol:

Sydney Hacker
19th May 2009, 04:36 PM
Actually 4 Corners are coming out of this looking decidely bad don't you think ? Just what we need ABC's current affairs show to become like ACA & TT...

dc68
19th May 2009, 05:29 PM
Soon

zigwah
19th May 2009, 05:43 PM
Won't be long if in fact the woman concerned was a scupper, last time i heard a gangbang wasn't illegal if it'd consensual.

perci
19th May 2009, 08:28 PM
And why did it take 7 years to hit the fan!

Fishman Dan
19th May 2009, 08:35 PM
Actually 4 Corners are coming out of this looking decidely bad don't you think ? Just what we need ABC's current affairs show to become like ACA & TT...

Too much focus on the Matt Johns saga, when the program intended to focus on a few incidents. Besides, after so much media, who can we believe?

So the number of NRL + 4 Corners viewers will be down to single figures ;)

3oneday
19th May 2009, 10:13 PM
I'd have to say it's the only 20 minutes I've seen of Four Corners since I lived at home.

TheTrueReview
19th May 2009, 10:22 PM
I think the irony is that on any day of the week, even as I'm typing this, there are swingers (who don't play football) having group sex. But for some reason if it involves football players, consensual sex with multiple partners becomes female exploitation.

Nope, I'm not a swinger myself. Just an ex-sex offence detective with the Queensland coppers. I came across plenty of swingers clubs during my time investigating reported sex offences. They don't advertise it but it goes on - a lot.

I almost fellow off my chair when hearing the pious statements of the Footy Show commentators condemning consensual group sex. Journalists advising others about their after hours sexual activities?? That'll do me.

(sorry Scottt, no offence mate).

The girl's current state of mind is a whole different issue. She has obviously fragmented for one reason or another since that night in the hotel room. The fact that she stated she would shoot the players concerned, if she had a gun, demonstrates her current unstable state. I don't think the public airing of an interview with a disturbed person is the right thing to do.

But hey, that's just IMHO. How about Zach Johnson's win in Texas?

henno
19th May 2009, 10:22 PM
A few facts that answer some of the common assumptions:

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2009/s2575275.htm

Scottt
19th May 2009, 10:35 PM
Journalists advising others about their after hours sexual activities?? That'll do me.

(sorry Scottt, no offence mate).

You'll get no argument from me. Behind pollies, some journalists are the biggest hypocrites I've ever met.

3oneday
19th May 2009, 10:37 PM
Sue Spencer
Four Corners Executive Producer

Sarah Ferguson
Reporter

henno
19th May 2009, 10:46 PM
Sue Spencer
Four Corners Executive Producer

Sarah Ferguson
Reporter

I don't get it. It was a release by them, yes.

3oneday
20th May 2009, 07:25 AM
I don't get it. It was a release by them, yes.every shock horror story is being presented by females, check the papers. All the "now lets get on with it" articles are being written by blokes.

Makes sense I guess, but the female reporters are now flogging a dead horse.

PS, the article on behalf of Four Corners doesn't dispute the one about her sleeping with players the day before ?

More trauma, she'd better let mum and dad know this time hey :confused:

henno
20th May 2009, 07:35 AM
every shock horror story is being presented by females, check the papers. All the "now lets get on with it" articles are being written by blokes.

Strangley enough, in my circles it is mostly women coming to his defense and the only two people I know that agree with his sacking are blokes. :-k

Makes sense I guess, but the female reporters are now flogging a dead horse.

I agree. The hypocrisy of it all is that the commercial media is giving 4 Corners an absolute bagging for their treatment of Matthew Johns, but their own behaviour since the story has been nothing but deplorable.

PS, the article on behalf of Four Corners doesn't dispute the one about her sleeping with players the day before ?

Probably because it's true. In fact, that's very likely. I don't think that even the ABC are willing to come out and boldly claim that she's not a slut. I think the only difference is that, unlike much of the rest of Medialand, they are chosing to refrain from coming out and explicitly saying she is.

PeteyD
20th May 2009, 08:15 AM
Ok. Since Johns is suspended and the girl is in hiding, what good has come from the four corners story, and should it have been aired in the first place?

3oneday
20th May 2009, 08:17 AM
Dunno, I am sure every swingers party has now stopped, and that there won't be anymore football groupie chicks getting their arses rooted off every 2nd night. Add this to the fact that the players are now so much wiser and will stop this from ever happening again, I would say yes, what was the question again ????

:lol:

henno
20th May 2009, 08:17 AM
Ok. Since Johns is suspended and the girl is in hiding, what good has come from the four corners story

With Johns gone, the Footy Show might just be allowed to die the slow death it deserves.

Sydney Hacker
20th May 2009, 08:18 AM
Ok. Since Johns is suspended and the girl is in hiding, what good has come from the four corners story, and should it have been aired in the first place?

I guess 4 Corners and other moral crusaders will claim the good that might come from it is the end of the "group sex culture" within the NRL ???

PeteyD
20th May 2009, 08:44 AM
Won't end. And I can ensure you that it is not just NRL that is involved with it (see some of the other posts).

Jarro
28th May 2009, 06:30 PM
... now he's pissed off the gay boys :roll:

Webster
28th May 2009, 06:36 PM
oooh this could end in tears Jarro..

Scottt
28th May 2009, 06:39 PM
... now he's pissed off the gay boys :roll:

Bad move. You don't want to get on the wrong side of Darren Lockyer...

Jarro
28th May 2009, 06:43 PM
Bad move. You don't want to get on the wrong side of Darren Lockyer...

I'll bet ya $50 Locky isn't gay.

Webster
28th May 2009, 06:44 PM
careful Jarro, I reckon Scottt would root him just to claim the money...

PeteyD
28th May 2009, 08:12 PM
Are you claiming that Scottt is a man?

markTHEblake
28th May 2009, 08:14 PM
Well he has got two dicks.