PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: SOLD Callaway Diablo 9* Stiff

morgy
18th May 2009, 08:25 AM
---- SOLD ----

I bought this less than 3 weeks ago and have hit less than 40 balls with it. It is as new MINT condition. They are going for $500 in the pro shop at my club, I am looking for $300. Purchased locally and GUARANTEED to be genuine.

Cheers

morgy
18th May 2009, 08:25 AM
Neutral bias

morgy
19th May 2009, 12:19 PM
Any interest?

virge666
19th May 2009, 12:23 PM
If you had been around here longer . . . maybe.

I just don't trust a Diablo being that cheap from a Newbie.

Yossarian
19th May 2009, 12:24 PM
He posts a bit on ISG and a few guys there seem to know him FWIW

morgy
19th May 2009, 12:46 PM
Fair call Virge. And thanks Yossarian, I have posted a bit on ISG and only recently came across OZgolf. I have also sold a few clubs on ISG and had great responses from buyers.

I can assure you that I am a legitimate seller and that the club is immaculate. Inspections welcome in the Byron Bay area and I will post photos for those further abroad when I arrive home tomorrow.

If anyone else has any questions please feel free to ask.

dhills2
19th May 2009, 12:55 PM
I realise I have only been around slightly longer than Morg but just thought I'd say he is a mate from uni & I know he buys his clubs legit. Not sure why he is selling the Diablo given he only just got it but I do know that he enjoys swapping gear as much as anyone in these parts. If anyone buys the Diablo and has issues let me know and I can give you his address so you can go knee cap him... but I'm sure he will be happy to refund if the club isn't up to scratch.

Lastly, I would just like to add that it is very unlikely that the middle of the face has been used on this club... should be close to mint!

virge666
19th May 2009, 01:03 PM
Alright then.

I will pay $300 for it delivered down to Sydney. Send me your bank details.

morgy
19th May 2009, 01:07 PM
Lastly, I would just like to add that it is very unlikely that the middle of the face has been used on this club... should be close to mint!

haha you're a muppet :smt038........ however, I have noticed that the middle of the face is still pretty shiny :-k

morgy
19th May 2009, 01:14 PM
Hi Virge,

I just tried to PM you but your inbox if apparently full! can you clear some space or email me on:
morganbryant@me.com

Cheers

3oneday
19th May 2009, 01:20 PM
Is it the ugliest driver you have used ?

Now that it's sold I can say that ;)

morgy
19th May 2009, 01:27 PM
No, I actually loved it.... looks awesome at address and it gave me an extra 20 meters over anything else I have hit. However, I lost a bit of consistency mainly due to my meager skill level.

I am hitting a Titleist D1 907 now and whilst it doesn't get the length of the Diablo, I find I hit more fairways. I know it is an older club, but it does the job for me.

PeteyD
19th May 2009, 01:32 PM
Get an 07 Burner Morgy.

3oneday
19th May 2009, 01:33 PM
Get an 07 Burner Morgy.so he can rotate with it ????

PeteyD
19th May 2009, 01:35 PM
Don't knock it ;)

morgy
19th May 2009, 01:55 PM
Some people say that the D1 907 isn't a good driver; however, it is working unreal for me so I think I will stick with it. Ball flight is unbelievably straight off the face! The only problems I still get is with my setup... and easier fix than the swing I think. Like I said though, I am losing some distance but I will rectify this when I get some more confidence.... and get my handicap out of triple figures

dhills2
19th May 2009, 02:41 PM
triple figures is impressive... anything over 36 is a good effort :lol:

PeteyD
20th May 2009, 08:10 AM
I had a 907 D1, was a solid head. I think the shaft in it was too much for me (VS Proto stiff from memory).

Tex
20th May 2009, 08:26 AM
Is it the ugliest driver you have used ?

Now that it's sold I can say that ;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (holder, whacker/hacker).

I have one and love it's looks, also had great success with it, although having just started could just be getting better last round found 50% fairway with many near misses on the verge in the rough and three of those were only because I blasted it past the corners to the far side of the fairway :O)

Great club - (FWIW I tried a Cobra Speed LD and FT 5 before settling it into this one) I think I have become a Callaway Biatch.

Jono
20th May 2009, 09:25 AM
Off the topic, but wasn't there already a driver called "Diablo"? It was/is popular amongst long drive guys and is made by a company called Krank Golf. Can Callaway use the same name?

henno
20th May 2009, 09:26 AM
That's the "El Diablo".

Jono
20th May 2009, 09:31 AM
So if someone came up with a company called "El Callaway" ...

:p

Dotty
20th May 2009, 09:31 AM
Spot on Jono.
http://krankgolf.com/

I guess either ...
a. Callaway paid a royalty,
b. it was deemed to sufficiently different
c. Krank didn't want to pursue it.

PeteyD
20th May 2009, 09:39 AM
Diablo is not likely to be owned.

henno
20th May 2009, 09:42 AM
Diablo is not likely to be owned.

I wonder how it'd go if Callaway had a driver called "The Devil" and then Krank subsequently brought out a driver simply called "Devil"?

PeteyD
20th May 2009, 09:49 AM
TM have released a Diablo stand bag.

henno
20th May 2009, 09:53 AM
I expect a law suit from Lamborghini any day now.

dhills2
20th May 2009, 10:37 AM
I guess the difference is that Callaway would splash out with the dosh to protect their IP rights (as they rely heavily on marketing) whereas smaller component manufacturers would rely more on the performance of their product instead of catchy names & marketing strats... not that I think Diablo is a great name for a driver.

PeteyD
20th May 2009, 11:59 AM
No but the headcovers are pretty cool.