PDA

View Full Version : Golf Magazine

Bruce
2nd January 2005, 07:20 PM
I received a 3 month demo sub for GOLF MAGAZINE and I don't think I'll be signing up on the basis of the December issue.

It just seems so lazy to be so closely tied to their parent issue in the US.
Why else would they be giving tips like how to play in very cold conditions to Aussie Golfers in December? What were the editorial team thinking when they let that one through?

gazgolf1
2nd January 2005, 07:51 PM
Thats the magazine with reviews of boats and cars in it.

Yeah I stopped buying that one a while back. :roll:

goughy
2nd January 2005, 08:41 PM
Aussie golf digest is the same. I don't want to read a golf mag to find out about cars, boats or wine.

I just subscribed to Golf Digest (US edition) for $47.00US. It worked out to be about $2.00 a year dearer than the aussie one, but a much better mag.

I went through www.isubscribe.com to get it. They are $12.00US a year cheaper than direct from Golf Digest themselves.

davidp
2nd January 2005, 09:12 PM
I got a subscription to Golf Magazine for my birthday in 2003. I wouldn't have paid for it myself.

It's full of fillers. If I wanted to read about Phil Harte and what a great bloke he is, I'd subscribe to his website... :evil:

If I was going to subscribe to a golf mag, I'd do what goughy did and subscribe to U.S. Golf Digest. Sure, you miss out on some local content, but you also get some stuff that never appears in the Australian edition. The Hot Products section is always good reading.

goughy
2nd January 2005, 09:17 PM
Same for me. I had a gift subscription for last year.

Gaz has a more round-a-bout way to subscribe to gd.