PDA

View Full Version : Toowoomba City Open Amateur Classic - Sunday 23/1/05

jaster
2nd January 2005, 03:12 PM
Posting this to see if any of you golfaholics would like to come up the range and play good old City GC again on the 23/1/05. Me and goughy probably owe you guys about 15 games to reciprocate by now but I know you all can't resist a cheap day out ;)

This day is usually pretty huge and attracts some good golfers from around the place. Spots are probably filling pretty quick. $2000 worth of prizes apparently.

Cost is only $11 and AGU Handicap holders only. Anyone who has played at City previous will tell you it is a bargain for that price. Course is looking pretty mint at the moment and the rain has caused the rough to grow pretty thick which always adds a few strokes to the score. Greens are coming back to where they were a year or so ago when the QLD state team would use them for a few days to get ready to go away to the Aussie Amateur and other events.

AM times are good for me and goughy but if PM is preferred no problems.

Reply here ASAP as I'll need to place some names down.

Jaster

**Edit from goughy**

Hey y'all,

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, been really busy. I just rang the club for ya's and found out that the last 3 morning tee times off the 1st tee ar at 8.15, 8.22 and 8.29. I believe these are the times jaster has you all in at.

Andyp, I'll pm you my home and mobile number. If you could call me when you're on the 15th or 16th that would be cool and I'll come down for a drink and maybe lunch if ya's have time. Sorry I can't play but other things have priority over golf at the mo.

I don't know what the grouping are etc, I just rang to find the times for ya's.

Have a great morning and I'm damn envious of ya's.

goughy
2nd January 2005, 03:40 PM
I most likely won't be available for this one. Jaz's birthday that weekend and with the reno's starting the week before I don't think I could go play golf and leave clikchic's dad building our extension without me.

Sorry all, but them's the breaks.

More than happy to use my name to secure a 2nd or 3rd group tho.

Jarro
2nd January 2005, 05:17 PM
sorry Jaster, but my oldest daughter (Samantha) has her 8th birthday on the 23rd..

.. i believe i'll be eating birthday cake and eating smarties all day that day :roll:

Have a good one :smt023

jaster
2nd January 2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys :roll: :lol: at this stage we have: -

1. Jaster

:roll:

BrisVegas
2nd January 2005, 06:04 PM

1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas

Count me in! I'll get my annual game of golf at my home club outta the way early this year!!! :roll: :wink:

Would prefer a morning game (if possible) please.

jaster
2nd January 2005, 06:18 PM
Good work City boy :)

Eag's
2nd January 2005, 07:13 PM

1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's

Count me in! I'll get my annual game of golf at my home club outta the way early this year!!! :roll: :wink:

Would prefer a morning game (if possible) please.

Put me down for this one :D AM time as well would suit.

jaster
2nd January 2005, 07:34 PM
Awesome Eag's, 1 more guys for a group...let's try for 2 maybe ;)

davidp
2nd January 2005, 07:37 PM
Count me in. I'd like to see how my home course is going before the club champs in March...

I may have to ask Vegas for a lift though... :?:

BrisVegas
2nd January 2005, 08:09 PM
Count me in. I'd like to see how my home course is going before the club champs in March...

My missus' plan was to head up there on Saturday night and stay at my mum's. Trust me, you don't want to stay there.... :wink:

With any luck, there'll be a few more people from Brisbane heading up there. It's only 1h 10mins to the golf club from the western suburbs.

davidp
2nd January 2005, 08:16 PM

My missus' plan was to head up there on Saturday night and stay at my mum's. Trust me, you don't want to stay there.... :wink:

With any luck, there'll be a few more people from Brisbane heading up there. It's only 1h 10mins to the golf club from the western suburbs.

Not a problem Vegas. I have a few friends (believe it or not) who live in Toowoomba and still talk to me. There are also some outlaws who live there, but that's like staying in a mental asylum. :shock:

I'll see if anyone from Brisbane south / southwest is heading up there on the day...

goughy
2nd January 2005, 08:21 PM
While I can't play on the day, if someone from the first finishing group gives me a call I'll get my butt down there for a drink :D

jaster
2nd January 2005, 09:02 PM
Nice work....theres the 1st group......

1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

Now what are the rest of you guys....cheap day out on a great GC fine exceptional company ;)

markTHEblake
2nd January 2005, 09:02 PM
This is very tempting. Mrs is away, and drop the kids off at mums on the way. But i think the next day is 1st day back to school, am not sure if i can handle that sort of pressure.

jaster
2nd January 2005, 09:11 PM
Well that's it...blakey is in....

1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

5. Blakey

Onewood
2nd January 2005, 10:53 PM
sorry Jaster, but my oldest daughter (Samantha) has her 8th birthday on the 23rd..

.. i believe i'll be eating birthday cake and eating smarties all day that day :roll:

Have a good one :smt023

Must have been a good time of the year :D Mitchells birthday is the 22nd 8)

But what the heck I'm in :D

jaster
2nd January 2005, 11:07 PM
Love your dedication Kev :)

1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

5. Blakey
6. Onewood

Choppa
2nd January 2005, 11:39 PM
This sounds good. Count me in.

David I'll be heading up on the day from the East side if you need a lift.

1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

5. Blakey
6. Onewood
7. Choppa

BrisVegas
3rd January 2005, 12:01 AM
1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

5. Blakey
6. Onewood
7. Choppa

Can you feel the momentum building???? :)

davidp
3rd January 2005, 08:43 AM
This sounds good. Count me in.

David I'll be heading up on the day from the East side if you need a lift.

Thanks Choppa. If it's not too much trouble, that would be great. I live in Sunnybank Hills. Let me know if it's too far out of your way.

Onewood
3rd January 2005, 09:06 AM
I have the onewood taxi going....twin cab ute...free fuel 8) so 3 can come with me :P

jaster
3rd January 2005, 10:44 AM
I have the onewood taxi going....twin cab ute...free fuel 8) so 3 can come with me :P

Great I'll catch the free bus down that goes the the Treasury and then get a free lift back with you Kev...life is good ;) :lol:

andylo
3rd January 2005, 11:02 AM
Kev may I join the onewood taxi?

And may I reserve 1 spot for Kee too?

I am in Jaster ;)

goughy
3rd January 2005, 12:01 PM
Jaster, just stick my name down with andylo and kee to help keep the places (I'm not playing tho).

Onewood
3rd January 2005, 12:03 PM

Great I'll catch the free bus down that goes the the Treasury and then get a free lift back with you Kev...life is good ;) :lol:

Plenty of room in the boot mate :D

Yes Andylo, and Kee, one to go :D

jaster
3rd January 2005, 12:12 PM
1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

5. Blakey
6. Onewood
7. Choppa
8 . Andylo

9. Kee

That reminds me guys, I need all your real names....please send me your names...or can someone PM me everyones names...I am putting them down this afternoon

AndyP
3rd January 2005, 04:23 PM
1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

5. Blakey
6. Onewood
7. Choppa
8 . Andylo

9. Kee
10. AndyP (until missus says otherwise)
[Real Name should be known by now] ;)

Would prefer to get a lift, after stealing the car from the missus on Friday. Most will pass thru my general area on the way to Toowoomba.
Justin? Kev?

markTHEblake
3rd January 2005, 06:46 PM
I will be heading out the day before and staying over at the folks pub in Grantham on Sat night, (about 20mins? from toowoomba).

Anyone wants to stay over is welcome, i think the room rate is $10.

jaster
3rd January 2005, 07:09 PM
$10 for a room, that's a brilliant offer!!! :D

Choppa
3rd January 2005, 11:40 PM
David, Sunnybank should be no problems. PM me your address and we can work out the rest of the details closer to the date.

AndyP, I've got plenty of room if your place is somewhere between Tingalpa -> Sunnybank Hills -> Toowoomba?

One more spot too if anyone needs it.

AndyP
4th January 2005, 08:31 AM
AndyP, I've got plenty of room if your place is somewhere between Tingalpa -> Sunnybank Hills -> Toowoomba?
PM Sent regarding slight detour. ;)

Onewood
4th January 2005, 07:09 PM
Onewood Taxi is now full
Kee
Andylo
Eags

Now do we draw straw's for a skipper for the way home :D

andylo
5th January 2005, 08:25 AM
I can volenteed that. I know it's tough to drive all the way to there as well to come back after the game. Last time I was sleeping in the cab so this time I will do the honor :)

Onewood Taxi is now full
Kee
Andylo
Eags

Now do we draw straw's for a skipper for the way home :D

macleod
5th January 2005, 08:50 AM
1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

5. Blakey
6. Onewood
7. Choppa
8 . Andylo

9. Kee
10. AndyP
11. MacLeod

good opportunity to see leon and dean again, get some veges at gatton, play the pokies post round, tackle the buffet etc...

BrisVegas
5th January 2005, 09:50 PM
Just caught up with brooky17, Iain and nudgee at the Willawong range. brooky17 is keen to play City again. He played in the pro-am with me there last year and really loved the course.

Iain and nudgee were both thinking about it, but seemed interested... :wink:

1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

5. Blakey
6. Onewood
7. Choppa
8 . Andylo

9. Kee
10. AndyP
11. MacLeod
12. brooky17

markTHEblake
6th January 2005, 06:00 PM
$10 for a room, that's a brilliant offer!!! :D

yeah - brilliant if it were true. just checked and its actually $20 per person per night.

i guess not really worth it for what amounts to another hours drive.

However your all welcome to drop by for a beer on the way back home. First round is on me.

BrisVegas
9th January 2005, 07:22 PM
If there's room for another, rok (Paul Stone - Wynnum) is keen to play City again.

1. Jaster
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Davidp

5. Blakey
6. Onewood
7. Choppa
8 . Andylo

9. Kee
10. AndyP
11. MacLeod
12. brooky17

13. rok

jaster
9th January 2005, 09:15 PM
Well....I'm not sure...we have 3 groups at around 8am.......so if we get 13 then no :( But if 3 more people decide to go then we have enough..otherwise someone will have to play in another group :(

BrisVegas
13th January 2005, 12:44 PM
Jaster - any suggestions for groups mate? I was thinking it might be good to have a City member in each group to show the others around... :idea:

How's the course looking? Any more interest in a 4th group for this event?

jaster
13th January 2005, 07:09 PM
Hey mate.....3 groups are all down..hit off times are around 8am (to about 8:30am I think)....hope this is OK with everyone?

1 city member in each group is ok with me.....my sugggestions

Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
MacLeod
Choppa
brooky17

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

Goughy??? Please goughy play ;)
Rok

.any interest from........

Iain
Terry
Jamie
Gazza
onewood jnr?

jaster
13th January 2005, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah...course is looking mint, few greens a little funny in a few places but overall as good as ever :)

goughy
13th January 2005, 07:12 PM
Hey all, I saw the time sheet today. You've got the last three morning times so none available after those 3. The group in front had 2 spare spots tho, so 2 may be able to fill in there.

Sorry, but there is less than buckleys that I will be playing. Just down for a drink afterwards.

terryand
13th January 2005, 07:31 PM
Hey mate.....3 groups are all down..hit off times are around 8am (to about 8:30am I think)....hope this is OK with everyone?

1 city member in each group is ok with me.....my sugggestions

Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
MacLeod
Choppa
brooky17

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

Goughy??? Please goughy play ;)
Rok

.any interest from........

Iain
Terry
Jamie
Gazza
onewood jnr?

Yes there is interest....Last weekend beforemy little girls first day of school...Arhhhhhhh :smt022

Terry.

Onewood
13th January 2005, 07:35 PM
Hey all, I saw the time sheet today. You've got the last three morning times so none available after those 3. The group in front had 2 spare spots tho,

Why not book roc in there 8) we can catch up before and after the game :P

Mathew is out of town Jaster.....

davidp
13th January 2005, 07:54 PM
any interest from........

Iain
Terry
Jamie
Gazza
onewood jnr?

Yes there is interest....Last weekend beforemy little girls first day of school...Arhhhhhhh :smt022

Terry.[/quote]

Jeez.. I don't how you're going to cope. I reckon I'll be bawling my eyes out on my little girl's first day at school.

However, when my girl gets old enough to date, I think it'll be her boyfriend who'll be crying his eyes out. Nothing like a father wielding a baseball bat to strike fear into any young man's heart... :shock:

Sorry, back to topic. Played at City yesterday. The course is looking pretty good. A couple of patchy spots on some greens and the surrounds of the 4th green has got some GUR but, all in all, should be a good day.

For those of you who haven't played there before I'll have some course notes for you.

Onewood
13th January 2005, 08:07 PM
Played at City yesterday.

davidp, I hope you realise that practicing on the course prior to the game is a 2 shot penalty :D

What did you shoot :?:

davidp
13th January 2005, 08:29 PM
Gross 92 = Nett 69. Left at least 10 strokes out there due to poor chipping and course management. Did an hour and a half of putting and chipping practice afterwards as pennance. :roll:

AndyP
14th January 2005, 08:12 AM
For those of you who haven't played there before I'll have some course notes for you.
:?: Jono-style course notes?

Those groups look fine, Jaster. 8)

davidp
14th January 2005, 09:23 AM
:?: Jono-style course notes?

Those groups look fine, Jaster. 8)

What are Jono-style course notes :?:

I was thinking of course notes which would describe:

location of hazards and distance from tee
location of out of bounds(if applicable)
greenside bunker location

I won't describe the slope of each green or the grain. (since they are bent greens).

Just thought I'd help out the course virgins. :)

Those groups look fine Jaster.

AndyP
14th January 2005, 10:07 AM
What are Jono-style course notes :?:
The Jono-guide to Bayview (http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24647) :shock: :wink:

Now get cracking on that guide, DP.

I was thinking of course notes which would describe:

location of hazards and distance from tee
location of out of bounds(if applicable)
greenside bunker location
So you want people to focus on the dangers, and not on the safe positions. That's very sly of you. [-X :lol:

Choppa
14th January 2005, 10:22 AM
So you want people to focus on the dangers, and not on the safe positions. That's very sly of you. [-X :lol:

Don't worry Andy, David will be giving us the "real" course notes on the way up to ensure safe passage back down again :wink:

davidp
14th January 2005, 11:18 AM
Gross 92 = Nett 69. Left at least 10 strokes out there due to poor chipping and course management. Did an hour and a half of putting and chipping practice afterwards as pennance. :roll:

What the....you shot nett 69 and left 10 out there. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mate, when you play off 23 (now 22) and shoot nett 69, it's easy to leave 10 out there. 5 bladed chips, 2 stupid three putts, 4 bad shot selection decisions. = 10 shots.

990B Luva
14th January 2005, 12:19 PM
What the....you shot 69 :shock: :shock: :shock:

then why the hell did you reply if he shot ya :?:

AndyP
16th January 2005, 09:53 AM
Saw a notice for this at Nambour GC yesterday.
A-grade is for H/caps 0-13. :shock: :shock:

I guess this means that this will be my first A-grade comp (assuming h/cap reduction from yesterday's round). :?
Don't like my chances of winning A-grade gross. :( :wink:

This seems like a large block of h/caps for A-grade. Is this the normal division split at City GC?

goughy
16th January 2005, 10:27 AM
Just had a look in our fixture book. 0-13 for club events, 0-10 for championship events.

markTHEblake
16th January 2005, 02:14 PM
Mate, when you play off 23 (now 22) and shoot nett 69, it's easy to leave 10 out there. 5 bladed chips, 2 stupid three putts, 4 bad shot selection decisions. = 10 shots.

i am just wondering - I hope that doesnt mean your not good enough for writing up a course strategy guide :wink:

Hardy giving Golf lessons to Laurel: " now thats how you dont do it "

davidp
16th January 2005, 03:03 PM

i am just wondering - I hope that doesnt mean your not good enough for writing up a course strategy guide :wink:

Hardy giving Golf lessons to Laurel: " now thats how you dont do it "

It's a take it for what it's worth guide... :wink: . It's a "do as I say, but for God's sake don't do as I do." kind of course guide.

The bad shot selections were from the rough or from around the green anyway when I obviously had some major brain fades. Anyone is a good golfer sitting in front of a P.C. :lol:

AndyP
17th January 2005, 09:55 AM
Guys, I grabbed these distances from FGI. They seem a bit to rounded to be taken as accurate. Plus I'm sure we will be off the back markers. Could someone please correct the following?

Hole Par Metres
1 4 330
2 3 170
3 4 320
4 4 340
5 4 320
6 4 350
7 4 330
8 3 140
9 4 360
10 5 450
11 4 340
12 4 360
13 4 360
14 4 360
15 3 140
16 4 350
17 5 500
18 4 400
Total 71 5920

markTHEblake
17th January 2005, 11:16 AM
blimey, that short and an ACR of about 71 - how bloody tight is it.

i dont think i am gonna have much fun.

davidp
17th January 2005, 11:18 AM
andyp, what I have is:

1 4 330 - 314
2 3 170 correct
3 4 320 349
4 4 340 309
5 4 320 319
6 4 350 345
7 4 330 322
8 3 140 132
9 4 360 correct
10 5 450 439
11 4 340 347
12 4 360 364
13 4 360 350
14 4 360 346
15 3 140 correct
16 4 350 367
17 5 500 480
18 4 400 406

Hpoe that helps.

AndyP
17th January 2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks Dave. 8)

When/How will you be providing the hazard information you mentioned? On the day booklets? ;)

Eag's
17th January 2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks Dave. 8)

When/How will you be providing the hazard information you mentioned? On the day booklets? ;)

AP,The form your in you wont have to worry about hazards

davidp
17th January 2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks Dave. 8)

Sure, if you want to pay for printing costs... :)

I'll post them in this thread by Wednesday night, so you have three full days to think about them, andyp :twisted:

AndyP
17th January 2005, 02:26 PM
When/How will you be providing the hazard information you mentioned?
I'll post them in this thread by Wednesday night, so you have three full days to think about them, andyp :twisted:
Sorry, don't mean to pressure you. Thanks again.

Thanks to Dr. Bob, I have been working on planning some of my round, in particular T-shots, prior to my round. Worked a treat on Saturday. I can visualise some of the holes at City GC from playing there in the Pro-Am last year, but not all of them.

davidp
17th January 2005, 02:49 PM
Good idea. I tried to do the same thing at Ocean Shores. There's a fledgling site at:

http://www.customscorecards.com/

that has a few Australian courses on it. However, unless you've played the course it makes it difficult to plan / visualise what you're going to do from the tee.

AndyP
17th January 2005, 02:59 PM
Good idea. I tried to do the same thing at Ocean Shores.
Me too, but I forgot to print my "plan" from the work PC, before leaving work for the Xmas break. I couldn't be bothered to do it again. #-o

Jarro
17th January 2005, 03:45 PM
don't be a wuss APH, just pull out the big dog on any hole over 200 meters and wail away :roll:

BrisVegas
17th January 2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks to Dr. Bob, I have been working on planning some of my round, in particular T-shots, prior to my round.... I can visualise some of the holes at City GC from playing there in the Pro-Am last year, but not all of them.

I'll tell ya where to hit it Pippy. Trust me! :wink: :lol:

OR... Hit one 200-220 down the middle on every hole except the 18th and you'll be just fine. 8)

AndyP
17th January 2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks to Dr. Bob, I have been working on planning some of my round, in particular T-shots, prior to my round.... I can visualise some of the holes at City GC from playing there in the Pro-Am last year, but not all of them.

I'll tell ya where to hit it Pippy. Trust me! :wink: :lol:
Sounds like I will need selective hearing.

OR... Hit one 200-220 down the middle on every hole except the 18th and you'll be just fine. 8)
I remember the 18th. That's where you go over the bunker.

Onewood
19th January 2005, 07:51 AM
What time are you Brissie boys heading up the Mountain.

I'm looking at leaving my place by 5.45am and picking Andylo and Kee up from Andylo's place (is this OK Kee?) and getting on the highway by 6am.

andylo
19th January 2005, 08:00 AM
What time are you Brissie boys heading up the Mountain.

I'm looking at leaving my place by 5.45am and picking Andylo and Kee up from Andylo's place (is this OK Kee?) and getting on the highway by 6am.

No problem. We are cool about that. Thanks onewood :)

davidp
19th January 2005, 08:13 AM
Onewood, it's up to Choppa I guess, but I would anticipate leaving my place no later than 6:10 am. It's exactly 1 hr 25 minutes from my house to City GC carpark.

Course notes are now in a separate thread in this folder for anyone interested. :wink:

AndyP
19th January 2005, 08:36 AM
Onewood, it's up to Choppa I guess, but I would anticipate leaving my place no later than 6:10 am. It's exactly 1 hr 25 minutes from my house to City GC carpark.

Might need to make it another 10 minutes earlier then, as Chops will need to make a slight detour to pick me up. 8)

davidp
19th January 2005, 11:06 AM
Where do you live andyp?

AndyP
19th January 2005, 11:11 AM
Where do you live andyp?
I'll PM you, as I don't trust most of the axe-murderers on this site. :roll:

I live in Sinnamon Park, so it will be a detour down the Centenary Highway.

Choppa
19th January 2005, 09:51 PM
David/Andy,

I am thinking I'd like to be leaving Andy's place around 6am. I guess that means I'll have to be at David's by 5:30-5:40.

How does that sound?

If it's too early, that's because I always err on the side of caution. Just let me know if I am too gun ho.

Chop

davidp
19th January 2005, 09:56 PM
Choppa, 5.30 is fine with me. At least it's later than the Ocean Shores day...

4.00? Never again. Woke up 2am, 3am, 3.30. Finally got some good sleep 3.45 - 4.00am. :evil:

AndyP
20th January 2005, 08:14 AM
I am thinking I'd like to be leaving Andy's place around 6am. I guess that means I'll have to be at David's by 5:30-5:40.

How does that sound?

OK, I'll be ready at about 5:50a then.
I've heard a rumour about another player possibly bumming a lift, but a detour to his place shouldn't throw the schedule out too much. ;)

BrisVegas
20th January 2005, 08:19 AM

How does that sound?

OK, I'll be ready at about 5:50a then.
I've heard a rumour about another player possibly bumming a lift, but a detour to his place shouldn't throw the schedule out too much. ;)

My ears were burning..... sure enough someone was talking about me!

Yes - I may need to jump on the choppa bus at short notice. Jayson might not be able to make it due to an injury. He'll know by Friday. I assume rok didn't get a game, so he may be able to take Jayson's place at short notice. I'll ring him once I know for sure about Jayson.

Choppa
20th January 2005, 08:22 AM

4.00? Never again. Woke up 2am, 3am, 3.30. Finally got some good sleep 3.45 - 4.00am. :evil:

You should have see us at the OzGolf champs :shock:
Between snoring and phone calls I don't know if there was any sleep at all.

Choppa
20th January 2005, 08:28 AM
My ears were burning..... sure enough someone was talking about me!

Yes - I may need to jump on the choppa bus at short notice. Jayson might not be able to make it due to an injury. He'll know by Friday. I assume rok didn't get a game, so he may be able to take Jayson's place at short notice. I'll ring him once I know for sure about Jayson.

No probs mate, just let me know.

Between yourself and David we will know the course like the back of our hand by the time we get up there. :wink:

AndyP
20th January 2005, 08:28 AM

You should have see us at the OzGolf champs :shock:
Between snoring and phone calls I don't know if there was any sleep at all.
I still think we should have stayed on the grog a bit longer though. :twisted:

AndyP
21st January 2005, 11:22 AM
Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
?
Choppa
brooky17

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

I think Macca just pulled out. :?
So it looks like a spot is open for you, Goughy. ;) Or someone else.

davidp
21st January 2005, 11:37 AM
Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
?
Choppa
brooky17

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

Didn't Rok want to play?

BrisVegas
21st January 2005, 11:38 AM
Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
?
Choppa
brooky17

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

I checked with Jayson (brooky17) and he is still coming at this stage, despite a sore arm. He's making his own way there, so he doesn't have to rely on a lift and can get away early....

I also called rok, but no answer. I'd assume he's out at this stage. There never was a tee time for him anyway right? I was just seeing if he could fill a gap for Macca...

markTHEblake
21st January 2005, 12:29 PM
I have read 6 pages and cant see the tee times clearly anywhere?

can someone put the 1st time in the Thread heading please ?
like the rest of the qlders do it :-)

andylo
21st January 2005, 03:26 PM
Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
?
Choppa
brooky17

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

I checked with Jayson (brooky17) and he is still coming, despite a sore arm. He's making his own way there, so he doesn't have to rely on a lift and can get away early....

I also called rok, but no answer. I'd assume he's out at this stage. There never was a tee time for him anyway right? I was just seeing if he could fill a gap for Macca...

Deano had expressed interest when we met yesterday.

BrisVegas
21st January 2005, 03:37 PM

If Deano wants to play, the spot's his.... No-one else has spoken up. I got in touch with rok and he had made other plans since he didn't get a tee time with the original 12.

davidp
21st January 2005, 05:00 PM
Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
?
Choppa
brooky17

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

andyp, have you confirmed with Macca that he's definitely a non-starter. I know in his Pro Shop thread that he said if his irons were gone, he definitely wouldn't be there, but that's not certain is it? I also know that he's battling a bad lumbar region. (Is that another name for a pain in the ar$e? :lol: )

davidp
21st January 2005, 07:22 PM

If Deano wants to play, the spot's his.... No-one else has spoken up. I got in touch with rok and he had made other plans since he didn't get a tee time with the original 12.

If Deano doesn't take the spot, my brother-in-law may be interested. :)

Let me know.

brooky17
22nd January 2005, 10:06 AM
Jaster
Originally was intending to play but due to an injury I can't make it.
Thanks anyway - Good Luck
brooky17

BrisVegas
22nd January 2005, 10:28 AM
Jaster
Thanks anyway - Good Luck
brooky17

Sorry to hear Jayson. :( I know you were looking forward to playing City again. Hope the arm gets better. Now we're looking for two more....

Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
?
Choppa
?

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

markTHEblake
22nd January 2005, 10:31 AM
Whats the practice / warm up facilities there at city?
nets/range/byo balls?

BrisVegas
22nd January 2005, 10:35 AM
Whats the practice / warm up facilities there at city?
nets/range/byo balls?
There are a couple of nets, a chipping green with bunker and a nice big practice green near the clubhouse.

There is a shortish practice fairway (byo balls) adjacent to the 18th fairway, but it's nothing to write home about. :roll:

macleod
22nd January 2005, 11:29 AM
ah the sweet propinquity and impetus of misinterpretation....only on the O-Z-G......thanks to davidp for the emily post inspired call....

Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
MacLeod
Choppa
?

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

if Kev is bringing some of his magic tablets....perchance i can appropriate one of them....not 2 like last time.....

Eag's
22nd January 2005, 11:39 AM
ah the sweet propinquity and impetus of misinterpretation....only on the O-Z-G......thanks to davidp for the emily post inspired call....

Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
MacLeod
Choppa
?

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey
Eag's

if Kev is bringing some of his magic tablets....perchance i can appropriate one of them....not 2 like last time.....

Bloody hell Macca, speak english :smt104

davidp
22nd January 2005, 02:05 PM
Macca, we are favourably disposed to your attendance on the morrow. :lol:

My brother-in-law is not interested in playing, so Deano, if you're interested, please say "aye"

goughy
22nd January 2005, 06:00 PM
Hey y'all,

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, been really busy. I just rang the club for ya's and found out that the last 3 morning tee times off the 1st tee ar at 8.15, 8.22 and 8.29. I believe these are the times jaster has you all in at.

Andyp, I'll pm you my home and mobile number. If you could call me when you're on the 15th or 16th that would be cool and I'll come down for a drink and maybe lunch if ya's have time. Sorry I can't play but other things have priority over golf at the mo.

I don't know what the grouping are etc, I just rang to find the times for ya's. I'll cut and paste this into the 1st post for all to find.

Have a great morning and I'm damn envious of ya's.

Choppa
22nd January 2005, 06:17 PM
Macca, we are favourably disposed to your attendance on the morrow. :lol:

My brother-in-law is not interested in playing, so Deano, if you're interested, please say "aye"

Oh dear :?

Looks like it's going to be a lonely round :(

Trung
22nd January 2005, 06:19 PM
Good luck gents...

One year gone so quick. :?

I was at Toowoomba this time last year :shock:

Deano
22nd January 2005, 06:42 PM
"so Deano, if you're interested, please say "aye""

No go for me this time guys :evil:

The good lady has me booked up tomorrow :oops:

FYI just bumped into Andy-lo at the range......crunchin'
'em OK :wink: look out.

Have a good trip ya'll.

Deano

Onewood
22nd January 2005, 07:38 PM

I'm sure Eags could come forward one and we have 2 x 3 and 1 x 4 8)

Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
Eags
Choppa

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey

davidp
22nd January 2005, 08:16 PM

I'm sure Eags could come forward one and we have 2 x 3 and 1 x 4 8)

Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
Eags
Choppa

Jaster
Andylo
Blakey

I think Macca is coming, judging from his last post. So, it would be:

Vegas
Onewood
Kee
AndyP

Davidp
MacLeod
Choppa

Eags
Jaster
Andylo
Blakey

I think with the size of the field, it won't matter if we have a 3 wedged in the middle there. We might pick up a 4th anyway at some stage.

macleod
22nd January 2005, 10:10 PM
yup im in, thanks again to davidp, i seem to a kind of blind spot lately...no matter...

Onewood
22nd January 2005, 10:16 PM
yup im in, thanks again to davidp, i seem to a kind of blind spot lately...no matter...

Sorry mac, my English is getting bad :lol: see you on top of the hill :wink:

macleod
22nd January 2005, 10:25 PM
no worries at all as long as you're bringing those wicked pain killers for your back, celebrex? ;) :twisted:

Onewood
22nd January 2005, 10:27 PM
no worries at all as long as you're bringing those wicked pain killers for your back, celebrex? ;) :twisted:

:wink: 2 FOR THE FRONT NINE AND 2 FOR THE BACK NINE :wink: :lol:

macleod
22nd January 2005, 10:35 PM
woohoo! :D :D :D :D :D :D

now for some light yoga and off to ye olde crummy sack

Onewood
23rd January 2005, 04:43 PM
Todays nett results

Onewood 68
AndyP.....68
Eags........69
Chopa......72
Andylo...73 (nearly broke the ton, 100/27 = 73 with a 9 on the last :cry: )
Macca ....74
Blakey.....77
BrisVegas 82
Kee ..........84
DavidP .....84
Jaster......NCR (got called off the course to take his little one to the Hospital.......Hope everything went OK mate...

goughy
23rd January 2005, 06:14 PM
Hey guys, hope it was a good day. I snuck down and got plenty of pics so they'll be up at some time.

And even tho it was an early sunday morning andylo still managed to ho on the drive up from brisbane to toowoomba. Big :smt023 for effort.

davidp
23rd January 2005, 07:10 PM
From the heights of expectation to the depths of reality. Yep, that describes my day. :oops:

Thanks to Choppa for the lift and the excellent company over the 18 today. You have some seriously good tempo in your swing. :)

Eags, Choppa and I both enjoyed your two birdies today, as we went without. Apart from a few frustrations, you played really well.

Back to the range and practice green for me. Got some things to figure out. :smt017

Eag's
23rd January 2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the day Justin & David, enjoyed your company :smt023
Big thanks to Kev for driving Myself, Andylo & Kee up in the Onewood taxi
Your a legend Kev =D> and well played today mate.

Can't wait for Logan :wink:

Onewood
23rd January 2005, 08:01 PM
Big thanks to Kev for driving Myself, Andylo & Kee up in the Onewood taxi

Not a problem fellas 8) great day :P

goughy
23rd January 2005, 08:04 PM
Well, here are the results from the day.

Best nett was 64. Best gross was 69.

Best A grade nett was 68; you must have lost on countback onewood.

Best B grade nett was 68; you must have lost on countback andyp.

Best C grade nett was 73; you lost by 1 shot andylo (that 9 on the last has come back to bite you mate).

Golflinks are already updated, that's one thing city does well. CCR for the day was 70. Must have been playing easy eh :wink:

andylo
23rd January 2005, 08:43 PM
Best C grade nett was 73; you lost by 1 shot andylo (that 9 on the last has come back to bite you mate).

Hmm... so I didn't tie for 1st??

Do I get something for 2nd?? ;)

Onewood
23rd January 2005, 08:43 PM

Best A grade nett was 68; you must have lost on countback onewood. (Bloody double on the last :evil: )

Best B grade nett was 68; you must have lost on countback andyp. (3 from 3 beat on count back :roll: )

Best C grade nett was 73; you lost by 1 shot andylo (that 9 on the last has come back to bite you mate). (Andylo must have been beat on count back, coz he had 73)

Golflinks are already updated, that's one thing city does well. CCR for the day was 70. Must have been playing easy eh :wink:

AndyP 14 to 13
Eags 15 to 14
My Lowest ever 6.2 :P

That putts me out of the running for Wed at logan :D never been able to play to a new handicap on the next game :wink:

Onewood
23rd January 2005, 09:02 PM
On the way up to Toowoomba today we called into a little service station just out of town and there was a golf buggy there for $95 ONO, so Mr HO goes in and offers him $70 for it, and the guy say's yes 8) Lucky I had the ute....good buy Andylo, :D
http://img190.exs.cx/img190/262/dsc005076yl.jpg
http://img190.exs.cx/img190/6213/dsc005086ps.jpg

Had to take a pic of the 18th, very nice finishing hole :P
http://img190.exs.cx/img190/5102/dsc005176ma.jpg

goughy
23rd January 2005, 09:11 PM
Sorry, c grade nett was 72. A typo from me.

Onewood
23rd January 2005, 09:12 PM
Sorry, c grade nett was 72. A typo from me.

Get it right Pal :D

Anything for runners up :?:

andylo
23rd January 2005, 09:15 PM

Best A grade nett was 68; you must have lost on countback onewood. (Bloody double on the last :evil: )

Best B grade nett was 68; you must have lost on countback andyp. (3 from 3 beat on count back :roll: )

Best C grade nett was 73; you lost by 1 shot andylo (that 9 on the last has come back to bite you mate). (Andylo must have been beat on count back, coz he had 73)

Lowest ever 6.2 :P

That putts me out of the running for Wed at logan :D never been able to play to a new handicap on the ne

:wink:

Shot a 7 and 9 on 2 par 4 (including the spectatcular 18 which hit an OOB left) and a 8 on 10th par 5 with too much ego after a pitch in from 40 mtrs on 9th.....

Driver is not working for me and tee shot were shocking. Jaster withness how bad I putt and I missed at least 5 par chances by 3 putted... all within 3 feet too!!

Frankfully my recovery shots on the 1st 9 are almost great and shot a 44 in the 1st 9.

In case you guys want to tell me to put the driver away and concertrate on putts ;) I gurantee you I will spend 2 hours a day just on putting instead of an hour or so from now on.... but I will not put the driver away and I will fix my swing so I can hit it. To me its where 1/2 the fun coming from. (And no, I didn't swing very hard today ;))

BrisVegas
23rd January 2005, 09:16 PM
Well played Kev and AndyP (& also Eags - you were under as many trees as me yet made a better fist of things.). Kev - you were unlucky not to have finished a couple better than that. Great play. Sorry if my hacking around was a distraction.

Thanks also for the game Kee. You hit some monster drives with that 3(?) wood. :shock: You and me battled it out for the spoon in our group. Lucky my triple-bogey 7 on the last was good enough to hold you off! :roll: :wink:

Oh dear, what a horrible round of golf.... Is it too late to pull out for Logan? :cry:

Kee
24th January 2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks Onewood, AndyP and BrisVegas for the game. I had a great time, even though I wasn't doing that well. Onewood and AndyP was on fire. It was great to see how golf should be played :P .

Thanks for the lift up to the mountain Onewood.

Another very enjoyable OzGolf day, can't wait till Wednesday. No bunkers woohoo :P .

Onewood
24th January 2005, 07:59 AM
Oh dear, what a horrible round of golf.... Is it too late to pull out for Logan? :cry:

No Bunkers, very few trees :D you'll be right :D

AndyP
24th January 2005, 08:55 AM
Sorry you couldn't make it, Brooky.
Hope your injury doesn't keep you off the course for too long.

ah the sweet propinquity and impetus of misinterpretation....only on the O-Z-G
I apologise for your premature omission, Macca. #-o (Although I did use the confused emoticon next to it :-" )

Andyp, I'll pm you my home and mobile number. If you could call me when you're on the 15th or 16th that would be cool and I'll come down for a drink and maybe lunch if ya's have time.
Oops. Maybe I should have posted a message about my web unavailability on the weekend. Glad you could make it to watch us play the last couple of holes, and take some happy snaps. :cool:

Thanks to Choppa for the lift, and the patience to find my house. ;)

Thanks to my playing partners for the day.
Well done Kev, you made 75 look way too easy.
Don't pull out of Logan, Vegas, you'll lose a chance to forgive the game. ;)
Kee, keep at it, you've got a good swing, as can be seen from some of those cracking 3 woods you hit.

Best B grade nett was 68; you must have lost on countback andyp.
Hmmmm, but what about gross. B grade started at 14, which means noone shot better than 82. Did I lose that on countback too?

Goughy, what are these scores? :? You listed each of the grade bests, but they don't match with this.

Anything for runners up :?:
Goughy did mention to me yesterday, that there were some Nike shoes as runner up prizes.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm buggered from yesterday. That course takes it out of you. Got a bit burnt (I really must remember to reapply the sunscreen mid-round #-o), plus I was stupid enough to trim the lawns when I got home. :roll: It was a real struggle to drag myself into work today.

Thanks for the day everyone.

goughy
24th January 2005, 04:35 PM
On events like this one they often have a overall best gross and best net, then have winners for best nett for each individual grade as well. The overall winners can't be the winner in their grade. They like to spread the prizes around.

The girl one the phone seemed to have some trouble with interpreting the results sheet. I'll make my way down there some time and have a look. It is possible one of you guys got overall runner-up. Who knows.

You would have got a ball in the run-down at least.

jaster
24th January 2005, 07:38 PM
Well played guys and I am really sorry I had to leave, first time in my Golf career I have had to leave a round early :( Everything is fine thankfully 8-[ :smt023

Onewood
24th January 2005, 10:08 PM
Well played guys and I am really sorry I had to leave, first time in my Golf career I have had to leave a round early :( Everything is fine thankfully 8-[ :smt023

Good to hear every things OK 8)

Half a round still means its your turn to venture down the Mountain :D

Jarro
25th January 2005, 05:41 AM

glad to hear everything/everyone is OK mate :smt023

some things are even more important than golf :wink:

andylo
25th January 2005, 06:32 AM

Good to know everything went fine. :D They say no news is good news ;)

goughy
26th January 2005, 05:23 PM
Well, so much for the person at the club being able to interpret the results.

Andyp, you won the best 'B' grade nett and have picked up a shirt. If you give the club a call you can authorise jaster or I to pick it up for you and we can send it down. Better let them know what size (or us) so we can change it for you.

markTHEblake
26th January 2005, 11:08 PM
Had to take a pic of the 18th, very nice finishing hole

you have got rocks in your head- i think i will be having nightmares for a long time (and so will Andylo!)

I said to Jaster before we started that you wouldnt want to be needing 4 on it to break 80. Well I only needed a 5, and wound up with a snowman.

Shot of the day belongs to AndyLo, holing his 50m pitch on the 9th. I was standing on the green about 15ft from the pin, the ball hit about 1 foot above the hole and just dropped straight down.

He had to ask "what happened" and naturally i couldnt resist, i told him it ricocheted off the flag into the bunker. He dropped his shoulders so much his chin was dragging along the ground. He got pretty excited a few minute later, when we let him in on it.

AndyP
27th January 2005, 09:31 AM
Andyp, you won the best 'B' grade nett and have picked up a shirt.
Woohooo! \:D/

AndyP
19th September 2005, 02:37 PM
Finally picked up my shirt for winning B-grade nett yesterday.

Had a peek at the results sheet, and noticed a familiar name there.
Eag's managed to get the B-grade gross prize for the day (I think goughy missed that one, coz he didn't know Eag's real name).
A $50 shirt for Eag's also. Hoozah!