PDA

View Full Version : Wellington (NZ) golf?

macjackass
15th May 2009, 08:55 AM
Had some good responses to the Auckland thread I did so thought I would give it a whirl. Have a game booked in at paraparaumu beach but was wondering where else I should try and have a hit? Cheers.

zigwah
15th May 2009, 10:12 AM
Will you be anywhere near Cape Kidnappers?

Scottt
15th May 2009, 03:40 PM
Macjack: Miramar - which adjoins the airport - is quite a fun track that when I played it in 2002 was in pretty good condition. If you arrive early and can't check in until the arvo, it's an easy way to kill a few hours.

It lost a few holes, a few good ones I was told, when the airport expanded, but still worth a hit in my book.

Paraparaumu is amazing. I'm jealous.

macjackass
15th May 2009, 03:50 PM
Scottt, course looks amazing, am looking forward to it. So easy to get on, and really good value, too. I think I'm having a game at royal wellington but the drive up to Taupo seems like it would be really worth it!

Moe Norman
15th May 2009, 05:23 PM
Play Royal Wellington, and there are so many quality country tracks over there and plenty withn 3 hours of Wellington or thereabouts, you will be like a kid in a candy store.

Many just have an honesty box too, so access and price is very reasonable

macjackass
15th May 2009, 06:16 PM
Cheers Moe, only will be able to play two rounds, plus the weather is pretty crap over there.

Andrew
15th May 2009, 09:16 PM
Mac,

If you are playing Paraparaumu Beach then you have pretty much covered the best the area has to offer. Royal Wellington is reasonable & the only other courses I've played the area are Manor Park & Hutt, which are both nice local courses, but not worth going out of your way.

zigwah
15th May 2009, 09:37 PM
if i could play one course there it would definatly be Kidnappers

Andrew
16th May 2009, 07:04 AM
if i could play one course there it would definatly be Kidnappers

Trouble is, it about 4 hours from Wellington.

Moe Norman
16th May 2009, 07:46 AM
Paraparaumu is better than Kidnappers

zigwah
16th May 2009, 08:18 AM
I'll have to take your word for it Moe as i have played neither. Paraparaumu does look nice though with way cheaper green fees