PDA

View Full Version : mac daddy

zigwah
15th May 2009, 08:46 AM
Anyone still using the MT 460? I am and it is really starting to fire.

Would drivers happen to be like a classy set of speakers? you have to run em in first?

I wasn't sure about this bad boy at first but after starting using a titty 909 D2 at Barny, it only lasted a few holes and the Mac took over and i never looked back. This may have something to do with the stock standard shaft in the titty? voodoo i think.

Anyway i think the Mac is a great driver after changing the shaft and persisting with it.

Any others still liking it?

CobraSS
15th May 2009, 10:10 AM
Still in my bag.

zigwah
15th May 2009, 11:36 AM
For those that got rid of theirs what made you do it?

moree golfer
15th May 2009, 11:43 AM
What shaft have you got in it Zig? I am convert to the notion that shaft/head relationship is integral to getting a driver that tonks it straight.

zigwah
15th May 2009, 11:57 AM
I pulled out the aldila dvs, which i thought was a rubbish shaft and put in a UST Harmon Tour Design CB60s.

Now toying with the idea of trying one of virges ACCRA shafts to see if i can get it even better nothing wrong with the HTD but want to get the maximum out of the club.

Lucasto23
15th May 2009, 01:51 PM
i still got mine with the stock shaft and really love'in it now, your right you just have to give it a bit of time and then it fire's like a well trained assasin

henno
15th May 2009, 02:33 PM
As you said, the DVS was a terrible shaft for me. No good.

zigwah
15th May 2009, 04:32 PM
As you said, the DVS was a terrible shaft for me. No good.

Yup only really good for use as a riding crop in the bedroom :mrgreen:

CobraSS
15th May 2009, 06:27 PM
Stock shaft in mine (8.5*) was the Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 63, very happy with it.

markTHEblake
15th May 2009, 08:29 PM
I am using it, with the DVS shaft and seems fine. Goes really high though.

zigwah
15th May 2009, 09:48 PM
I am using it, with the DVS shaft and seems fine. Goes really high though.

Change the shaft and it's a different beast altogether, longer, straighter and just feels better.

The Voodoo shaft is similar i think to the DVS what does everyone else think.

C'mon Virge chime in

markTHEblake
15th May 2009, 10:05 PM
Change the shaft and it's a different beast altogether, longer, straighter and just feels better.

Horses for Courses. I don't have a problem with it, despite having a much softer tip than I am used to.

I wont be changing shafts, unless someone who knows better advises me too and that will be after a launch monitor session sometime in June.

zigwah
15th May 2009, 10:09 PM
trust me Mark, i may sound like a fool sometimes, but that DVS shaft is rubbish same as the VOODOO for titty, when i changed to the ust shaft it was like i had a new club

markTHEblake
15th May 2009, 10:16 PM
trust me Mark, i may sound like a fool sometimes, but that DVS shaft is rubbish

Sorry, this is patronising but brutally honest. I can't find a grain of salt big enough :lol:

Jarro
15th May 2009, 10:18 PM
I found that the DVS shaft was good if you didn't try and 'hit' the ball.

It responded much better to a smooth swing with a nice even transition.

That's why i sold mine :roll:

zigwah
15th May 2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry, this is patronising but brutally honest. I can't find a grain of salt big enough :lol:

That's ok mate, i can wait ;)

markTHEblake
15th May 2009, 10:26 PM

how would you know? :razz:

you are definitely the smoothest swinger on Ozgolf
(innuendo intended)

I find that with this club I often get a lot of 'air' time. I will soon have a two driver setup - one low draw, the MT460 the high and easier to fade if i need it.

goonie
15th May 2009, 10:44 PM
the made for Adams DVS in the A3 XTD I had was crap, most of the Aldila made for shafts are crap, if it's a DVS and it's a 55, 65, 75... and not 60, 70... then it's a cheap and nasty.

goonie
15th May 2009, 10:46 PM
Just looked up the Mac site, it's a crappy Aldila OEM shaft.

zigwah
15th May 2009, 10:49 PM
Just looked up the Mac site, it's a crappy Aldila OEM shaft.

Yup i'm gonna use it on the wifey tonight, see if i can break it :twisted:

henno
17th May 2009, 01:16 PM

It responded much better to a smooth swing with a nice even transition.

Yup. I tend to "yank" too hard and far too quickly, so the shaft was just not consistent enough for me. That is why I stopped short of saying it was junk, it was just terrible for me and my dodgy swing.

Lucasto23
17th May 2009, 01:45 PM
Yup. I tend to "yank" too hard and far too quickly, so the shaft was just not consistent enough for me. That is why I stopped short of saying it was junk, it was just terrible for me and my dodgy swing.

Thats hitting the nail on the head, you have to control the transition into the down swing to really control the shaft. i found that this has actually help my driving as i know when my tempo is off when hitting the stock shaft;)

adlo
17th May 2009, 01:54 PM
Stock DVS suits a slowwwwwww smooth transition. I should know, it suited my swing very nicely :)

3oneday
17th May 2009, 02:54 PM
Stock DVS suits a slowwwwwww smooth transition. I should know, it suited my swing very nicely :)

I loved the DVS, sorta blows that theory ;)

adlo
17th May 2009, 03:01 PM
Hmmmm, cool.

Johnny Canuck swings fast/aggressive and hated it. I swing slow and smooth and loved it. That was the basis of my conclusion!

3oneday
17th May 2009, 03:08 PM
Someone else said the same, maybe Jarro I think.

Anyway, I think the Mac and the DVS was the longest driver combo I've used.

henno
17th May 2009, 03:29 PM
I think the Mac and the DVS was the longest driver combo I've used.

... and yet you swapped the shaft out for something else. :-k

zigwah
17th May 2009, 05:31 PM
... and yet you swapped the shaft out for something else. :-k

Was thinking the same thing.