PDA

View Full Version : Cheap golf balls at amart!!

goughy
2nd January 2005, 12:17 PM
Hey all,

Just been to amart allsports...

Callaway HX Tours for 69.99 a doz.

Precept U-Tri Extra Spin or Distance for 36.99 a doz.

:shock: :shock:

Go silly.

McMw
3rd January 2005, 01:01 AM
forget the HXs... :lol:

stock up on the UTRIES....even if you're a hacker... :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaster
3rd January 2005, 07:51 AM
What is the definition of Frugal? Tight A$$? :wink: Don't worry G69 cause I only know as I use both those shops 10% policys all the time :twisted:

goughy
3rd January 2005, 07:55 AM
For $20 bucks I'd consider it, but for 4 or 5 bucks I wouldn't spend half an hour getting to the other store.

markTHEblake
3rd January 2005, 10:18 AM
Of course the most "frugal" amongst us could even mention this price at some larger chain store like Rebel Sports and get them to beat the price by a further 10%.

then flash your RAcq card and get another 5% on top of that.

Ducky
3rd January 2005, 11:20 AM
forget the HXs...
Just curious, but why don't you like the HX tours?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

goughy
3rd January 2005, 11:58 AM
I don't like the hx tours for the same reason I don't like proV1x's. I find the feel too hard. I like the utri tours, which I find every bit as good for $10 to $20 a doz less. But I hardly notice any difference between the utri tour and the utri extra spin. In fact I think the utri extra spin may be a better ball for me. So you get a 3 piece ball for $37 a doz, a ball that I believe nick price even used to use. Dollar for dollar that is some serious bang for your buck.

And they are that cheap that I can use new balls for practice rounds (which pretty much all my golf is now days :cry: ) rather than buying seconds which don't work out any cheaper really.

McMw
3rd January 2005, 12:06 PM
forget the HXs...
Just curious, but why don't you like the HX tours?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Why???

Dollar for dollar that is some serious bang for your buck.

sure....I don't have a problem with other golfers spending the money on good quality hi-end balls...
I just don't see the need for it...and I can't see how suddenly going to an exp ball is gonna help me score better....I score crap with any ball....might as well save some cash... :wink:

jaster
3rd January 2005, 12:41 PM
hmmm....just dropped into Amart at Burleigh and all the U-tri's were $59 a doz. :smt017

Yellow box? that means they are the Utri Tour....$59 is correct.....blue or I think silver box is what you are after.....Extra Spin or Extra Distance, both should be around the $37ish mark. :) Pays to be a HO sometimes hey :P

Jarro
3rd January 2005, 12:49 PM
if you want some Utri-Tours, get some quality secondhand ones from Squizzy... i just got a Dozen from Tezza (who got 'em from Squizzy) and they are as good as new.. with just a couple of small marks on them 8)

think they were $24 :smt023

jaster
3rd January 2005, 01:03 PM
Is that with free waterlogging? :lol: :wink:

Jarro
3rd January 2005, 01:06 PM
Is that with free waterlogging? :lol: :wink:

not sure what you mean there mate :?: :smt017

jaster
3rd January 2005, 01:20 PM
I just got this off the net....not sure if I really buy into it as I have used dam/lake balls before that were alright...but IMO they are not as good as a new ball...different sound and feel.

Does lying in water for a period of time affect the performance of a golf ball? The short, simple answer is "YES". Performance is negatively affected. Unfortunately I am not a golfer and don't have much personal experience to share with you on this subject. But I would expect that soaking in water would increase the weight of the ball, at least unless it was extensively dried again before reuse. This would make it travel less far for a given swing. I also suspect that the material inside might be sensitive to water, if it expands and contracts when it is wetted, then redried. If you want to learn more about golf balls, I suggest you try the website of any golfball manufacturer. One that I checked before answering this question is from Titelist (TM) www.titleist.com . Go to their section for "FAQ" (frequently asked questions) and see under "Golf Balls".

Also this is interesting...

http://www.indoindians.com/golfbcore.htm#water

Jarro
3rd January 2005, 01:24 PM
Ok, thanks for that :wink:

the Utri-Tours i got don't seem to be heavy at all .... seem to be in pretty good shape 8)

jaster
3rd January 2005, 01:32 PM
Lol...as long as your happy then 8) :lol:
You use a new ball for comp games right? Nothing better than getting a nice Virgin ball out of it's box (settle) and smashing it down the fairway....how's the serenity :P

goughy
3rd January 2005, 01:54 PM
Ducky, could only get you the hx tours. The utri spin's were already sold out (so my mate who was getting them told me). I'll send you a pm with the details.

They started selling the utri extra spins for $29.99 today :shock: :shock: :shock: That is sick cheap. Anyone who's got an amart nearby go and check it out. That is a bargain.

Ducky
3rd January 2005, 02:47 PM
That's cool, I appreciate the effort.

:)

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

markTHEblake
3rd January 2005, 02:54 PM
Naturally the golf ball manufacturers will conduct tests to show that recycled balls are no good. Then the recyclers will show tests that debunk the former.

According to a mate who works casually for a local ball recycler. "yes" golf balls deteriorate if their underwater too long - but they are never under the water long enough, 2-3 days at the most.

Deano
3rd January 2005, 03:17 PM
"but they are never under the water long enough, 2-3 days at the most."

Correct.
Guy I get balls from has a contract with one of the Qld resorts
and dives up to 3 times per week for 'em.He reckons under a week is fine.

He was telling me about a resort near Sydney that last year went close
to 6 months without a cleanout.Thousands of balls pulled out of dams..etc and most of 'em not worth a hit :lol:

Deano

AndyP
3rd January 2005, 05:02 PM
They started selling the utri extra spins for $29.99 today :shock: :shock: :shock: That is sick cheap. Anyone who's got an amart nearby go and check it out. That is a bargain.
There was no special on the u-tris at A-mart yesterday, as I grabbed some laddies from one. Maybe only in Toowoomba? :?

goughy
3rd January 2005, 05:41 PM
My mate said the the guy who helped him out at toowoomba's amart allsports told him the only reason they would be selling the extra spins and distances that cheap is if they were running them out to get ready for a new lineup from precept/bridgestone.

Davemason
4th January 2005, 02:39 PM
Just hope there are some laddie or Utri balls leftt when I come down to Brisse this weekend [-o<

Jarro
4th January 2005, 02:46 PM
Just hope there are some laddie or Utri balls leftt when I come down to Brisse this weekend [-o<

Amart at Virginia had heaps of laddies left when i bought 2 boxes last week.

davidp
4th January 2005, 04:29 PM
The Toowoomba A-Mart store is the runout store for all of Qld.

Found that out a couple of years ago when I went up there and the same thing was 25% cheaper up there than in Brissie. I enquired why and that's what I was told. :shock:

Fishman Dan
5th January 2005, 10:37 PM
Went to an A-Mart today en route to the Sunny Coast. Surprised to see Ogio Flight bags for $99 and Pro V's for $79 per doz. They'd sold out of U-Tri anythings.

Didn't get anything, as good as these Ogio's are, my current bag is doing just fine.

AndyP
6th January 2005, 08:33 AM
Surprised to see Ogio Flight bags for $99 ....

Didn't get anything, as good as these Ogio's are, my current bag is doing just fine.
As I mentioned elsewhere, last week those Flight bags were 20% off. Would that have tempted you? Even I was tempted.

Jarro
6th January 2005, 09:30 AM
Surprised to see Ogio Flight bags for $99 .

nice bags those 8)

I believe 'Moocow had one at Caboolture yesterday, nice little bag indeed.

drunken
6th January 2005, 04:53 PM
I have christmas money that needs to be spent...I think Ogio may be on the cards.

Now when can I get to QLD next......

AndyP
6th January 2005, 08:37 PM
I'm sure we can find a golf round for you to play while you are up here. :wink:

Davemason
10th January 2005, 06:03 PM
searched all over Brissy and the Sunny Coast at Amarts for some cheap Laddies not a cracker #-o , cheapest I found Rebel sports for $49. lucked out again

Fishman Dan
10th January 2005, 09:35 PM
I'm sure i saw them at Stratton (?) - some suburb north of the city. Though after Jarro's on-course review of the Laddie, i understand why they are cheap.

davidp
10th January 2005, 09:44 PM
searched all over Brissy and the Sunny Coast at Amarts for some cheap Laddies not a cracker #-o , cheapest I found Rebel sports for $49. lucked out again

Dave, if I'd known you were looking, I went to the A-mart at Macgregor on Sunday. They had a few of the Laddies left for $25.00. I was in search of U-Tri Extra Distance, which they were all out of. :evil:

goughy
11th January 2005, 06:14 AM
I think I saw laddies at ou golfworld for $25.

Onewood
11th January 2005, 07:20 AM
I think I saw laddies at ou golfworld for $25.
Yeh I bought some @ $25 from Jarro, but there dud's...they like the water too much :roll: left 4 of them at Windaroo :cry: :D

drunken
11th January 2005, 04:55 PM
I have christmas money that needs to be spent...I think Ogio may be on the cards.

Was on the Gold Coast on Sunday, neither of the Amart stores had ANY Ogio bags :evil: Asked the staff about ordering one in & they had no idea, not even the manager :roll: Then said it would probably take at least a month to get one in.....

A nicely worded email to Ogio telling them how shit Amart are has been sent....

Deano
11th January 2005, 05:15 PM
Ogio bags - I know Cannon Hill has/had heaps of 'em
only a few weeks ago.The "Flight" carry bag I've got
was down to $99. :shock: (I was happy when I payed
$139)

At that price it might be worth ya while gettin' 'em to
ship you one :idea: :?:

Deano

AndyP
11th January 2005, 05:18 PM
drunk, I can see if that orange one is still at the Kawana Waters store. =P~

drunken
11th January 2005, 05:26 PM
drunk, I can see if that orange one is still at the Kawana Waters store. =P~
Sounds like a plan mate :lol:

Fishman Dan
11th January 2005, 05:32 PM
I checked them out in Brisbane - there was a yellow/blue number that was the goods. Almost bought one and had the blessing, but passed it up. Sucks that there are no Super A-Mart's down here. :evil:

drunken
11th January 2005, 06:06 PM
I may just have to call a store in Brisbane & get them to send it to me...

davidp
11th January 2005, 08:32 PM
I may just have to call a store in Brisbane & get them to send it to me...

Drunken, Brisbane City store had the Ogio Wave (in orange) today, but can't remember the sticker price. Macgregor store had the Ogio Flight for $99 on Sunday. Don't know if they would still have it.

If A-Mart won't send it, PM me and I'll pick it up and send it to you.

goughy
12th January 2005, 06:36 AM
If you go in to your local amart store and tell them that this other amart store has what you are looking for then they should get it shipped to your store for you to buy.

They've told me before that if I know another store has what I want then let them know which one and they'll get it up for me.

Try that first; may save you the shipping.