PDA

View Full Version : Hi From WA

WATiger
12th May 2009, 08:47 PM
Hi all

Looking forward to posting on the site, we currently live in the North of WA and we wil be moving down South to live in Bunbury in a couple of months.:smt038

I just can't play on these ironstone courses anymore so I am in the process of ordering a whole heap of Taylormade gear to start me off down South.

All the best!!

simmsy
12th May 2009, 08:53 PM
TM gear hey?
you'll be in good company on this site then mate.
welcome to the site and i'm sure you'll find some useful info and a few laughs here as well.

simmsy..

adlo
12th May 2009, 08:54 PM
Joining Bunbury GC?

Welcome.

WATiger
12th May 2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys and yes Adlo that is the plan, I have had a look at the memberships but I want to ring the club and have a chat with them. I want to know how it all works regarding the membership etc..

adlo
12th May 2009, 09:01 PM
What do you need to know?

I am a country member there and my old man was a member for years.

WATiger
12th May 2009, 09:09 PM
What do you need to know?

I am a country member there and my old man was a member for years.

Excellent thank you, can you join as a family, or if I only join do my family get to play with me under my membership or do they all have to join as Juniors and members.

Also what is the basic package to join on as if I live in Bunbury?

Bet you wished you hadn't asked...

adlo
12th May 2009, 09:12 PM
I think you would all need to join but confirm that with the course.

You will join as a full member which is $950pa.

WATiger
12th May 2009, 09:15 PM
I think you would all need to join but confirm that with the course.

You will join as a full member which is $950pa.

Yeah thats what I thought but thank you for the feedback.

WATiger
12th May 2009, 09:16 PM
TM gear hey?
you'll be in good company on this site then mate.
welcome to the site and i'm sure you'll find some useful info and a few laughs here as well.

simmsy..

Thanks simmsy, I really like the gear.

adlo
12th May 2009, 09:17 PM
No worries, top course, best in the area

WATiger
12th May 2009, 09:42 PM
No worries, top course, best in the area

Where do you play in Perth Adlo and what are the best courses please mate??

adlo
12th May 2009, 09:49 PM
Have a read through the WA Courses thread.

Differing opinions about the place.

I play at Kennedy Bay, about 40 mins south of Perth, as do a few other Ozgolfers. Has been rated #1 public access course in Perth a few times for good reason. Top course and the only "links style" course in Perth.

In and around Perth I mainly head to Wembley if I need somewhere closer to home. Old Course is the pick of the two but both 18's are good tracks. I am not a huge fan of Burswood, Collier or Maylands but they all serve the purpose for a fun hit.

If you move south, you have to check out Binningup, world's best 9 hole track. Again, see some pics in the WA Courses thread.

WATiger
12th May 2009, 09:53 PM
Have a read through the WA Courses thread.

Differing opinions about the place.

I play at Kennedy Bay, about 40 mins south of Perth, as do a few other Ozgolfers. Has been rated #1 public access course in Perth a few times for good reason. Top course and the only "links style" course in Perth.

In and around Perth I mainly head to Wembley if I need somewhere closer to home. Old Course is the pick of the two but both 18's are good tracks. I am not a huge fan of Burswood, Collier or Maylands but they all serve the purpose for a fun hit.

If you move south, you have to check out Binningup, world's best 9 hole track. Again, see some pics in the WA Courses thread.

Will do Adlo and thanks again, I actually played the Harvey course with my Dad when I was a kid, nice from memory too.

Thanks again

Yossarian
12th May 2009, 11:14 PM
Welcome mate, the WA guys are to represent a pretty large portion of this site...

adlo
12th May 2009, 11:26 PM
These has been a surge of late. When I joined it was Johnny Canuck and simmsy.

Courty
13th May 2009, 04:51 AM
Welcome WATiger... MEOW! :mrgreen:

razaar
13th May 2009, 06:36 AM
Welcome WATiger. What is the bike in your avatar?

WATiger
13th May 2009, 07:18 PM
Welcome WATiger. What is the bike in your avatar?

Thanks razaar, it's a 09 Harley Night Train with heaps of accessories and I also have a MV Agusta Brutale 910R, love my toys too.

WATiger
13th May 2009, 07:19 PM
Welcome WATiger... MEOW! :mrgreen:

The mighty Richmond Tigers will roar again one day Courty......:oops: I hope.... thanks for the welcome.

WATiger
13th May 2009, 07:21 PM
Welcome mate, the WA guys are to represent a pretty large portion of this site...

Thanks mate.

idgolfguy
13th May 2009, 07:35 PM
G'day mate - may catch you at one of the courses one of these days. i play at the Vines, if in Perth for a game let me know.

Yossarian
13th May 2009, 07:44 PM
The mighty Richmond Tigers will roar again one day Courty......:oops: I hope.... thanks for the welcome.

Ahhh a tigers fan oh dear;)

WATiger
13th May 2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks idgolfguy will do mate. I know Yossarian sad isnt it....

razaar
13th May 2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks razaar, it's a 09 Harley Night Train with heaps of accessories and I also have a MV Agusta Brutale 910R, love my toys too.
Expensive toys...guess you have all the leathers and kit. The MV must be an exhilerating ride.

WATiger
13th May 2009, 07:57 PM
Expensive toys...guess you have all the leathers and kit. The MV must be an exhilerating ride.

Nah don't do leathers but I have the protective gear Draggin etc... Exhilerating......... understatement.....:twisted:;)

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2009, 10:00 PM
Welcome. It's nice to have another WA Richmond fan around. Including ZRW, we are up to 3.

adlo
13th May 2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome. It's nice to have another WA Richmond fan around. Including ZRW, we are up to 3.
3 too many

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2009, 10:21 PM
Hey Aldo,

Tiger is out this weekend. He got a gig caddying at Cottesloe for his pro who has come over.

Typical. I call him to confirm and he says that he's out. He tells me the prize money is $50K, I check online, it is $25.

I'll phone first thing tomorrow and take him out so that we can get a partner for Rebjon!

adlo
13th May 2009, 10:23 PM
Please do, don't want to leave him high and dry.

50k? :lol: Classic Tiger

Golfnut
13th May 2009, 10:24 PM
Welcome aboard WATiger....don't feel to bad about the Tiger's mate, i'm a Dockers fan and have only JUST had something to smile about this season.

BTW, Bunbury's a very nice part of the world to be moving down to.....most of us will be jealous as you'll be the closest to the infamous Binningup course,

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2009, 10:34 PM
Please do, don't want to leave him high and dry.

50k? :lol: Classic Tiger

I'm sure they will fill it. If not, I'll make a few calls on Friday.

Binningup!

adlo
13th May 2009, 10:38 PM
Binningup!
Bad timing, I'll let you know. You playing on your lonesome?

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2009, 10:54 PM
You got it. Not inviting any Americans.

adlo
13th May 2009, 11:15 PM
OK, still thinking. No question what I would rather do...

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2009, 11:50 PM
a one day sickness? you'll get busted for sure.

especially when i am bored on my way down to binningup and i put in a call to your company.

adlo
13th May 2009, 11:59 PM
Your "persuasion" is turning into blackmail.....

Johnny Canuck
14th May 2009, 09:36 AM
Blackmail.

Black male.

or
Blackman?

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/9bbfff36af5947b0

WATiger
14th May 2009, 11:33 AM
Welcome aboard WATiger....don't feel to bad about the Tiger's mate, i'm a Dockers fan and have only JUST had something to smile about this season.

BTW, Bunbury's a very nice part of the world to be moving down to.....most of us will be jealous as you'll be the closest to the infamous Binningup course,

Thanks Golfnut and yep Dockers travelling along nicely ATM, can't wait to get on the Binningup course as I have heard so much about it.