PDA

View Full Version : Kid meets candy store.

Bruce
10th May 2009, 02:15 PM
A block and a half from my hotel here in San Diego is a Golfmart and on the other side of the interstate is a Golfsmith.

Golfmart is bloody enormous. Racks of drivers, 5 large display bins of used drivers and 3 of fairway woods. More second hand sets than I could count. There must have been 100 putters to demo including Scottys.

I had a chance to meet my new putter - but can't get it today as getting it home will be more of a PITA. The Seemore SB1w is a priority purchase for me. I rolled in 4 consecutive 15 footers with it on the demo green - it is clearly love at first sight.

I was a bit disappointed with the low levels of winter apparel I was hoping to clean up on. Can't have everything I suppose.

razaar
10th May 2009, 02:21 PM
Great choice there Bruce.
http://revver.com/video/1285621/seemore-sb1-putter-review/

markTHEblake
10th May 2009, 02:47 PM
Bruce, A clever bloke would go to the Golfsmith and stock up on Snake Eyes gear. We simply cant get the stuff direct from them, and the distributor is apparently quite uninterested in consumer orders.

You could easily make some pocket money or just feel good about helping out a fellow ozgolfer.

Bruce
10th May 2009, 02:51 PM
Is anyone desperate for some?

I am driving to Vegas in the morning so I won't be able to go to that shop again - maybe there is one I can find later on.

Flowergirl
12th May 2009, 09:03 AM
Viva Las Vegas. Thank you - thank you very much:mrgreen:

Tomson
12th May 2009, 09:05 AM
Bruce, A clever bloke would go to the Golfsmith and stock up on Snake Eyes gear. We simply cant get the stuff direct from them, and the distributor is apparently quite uninterested in consumer orders.

You could easily make some pocket money or just feel good about helping out a fellow ozgolfer.

I have got snake eyes stuff direct before.

gazgolf1
12th May 2009, 04:42 PM
A block and a half from my hotel here in San Diego is a Golfmart and on the other side of the interstate is a Golfsmith.

Are you staying near Mission Valley Bruce?

Bruce
16th May 2009, 02:06 AM
Not merely near but in Mission Valley Gaz.

Although now I'm in Redondo Beach south of LA.

gazgolf1
16th May 2009, 08:34 AM
Cool ,we were there a couple of years ago, nice area. I hit a bucket of balls at Riverwalk Golf club and had a feed at Hooters....good times. ;)

How was Vegas?