PDA

View Full Version : YES Putters

JKA
10th May 2009, 09:27 AM
After yesterday's bloody awful putting display it's time for a new putter me thinks.

Been having a look and I really like the look of the YES Tracy II. Looking to hear good and bad comments from anyone who has one of these, or any other YES putter.

Also, if anyone has one for sale or knows where I can pick one up cheap let me know please.

Cheers
J

razaar
10th May 2009, 10:51 AM
Maybe its the archer and not the bow. Spend some $$ on a putting lesson, it will be cheaper and you might just find your putter is not the problem. You may end up with a cupboard full of putters, like me.

Courty
10th May 2009, 11:04 AM
I have a Yes! Tiffany. It's an unconventional looking mallet, but it is designed to aid alignment exactly the same way an Odyssey 2-Ball does.

They're generally heavier heads (mine is 340-odd grams), but feel quite soft considering they have no inserts. I've swapped putters a bit in the last few years, but the Yes! is too good to part with so I'm keeping it as a permanent backup.

CobraSS
10th May 2009, 11:04 AM
I have a YES Tracy 2, great putter, but as Razaar says, it is often the workmen and not the tool causing the problem.

JKA
10th May 2009, 11:22 AM
Without a doubt it's me and not the putter, but to me putting is all about confidence and when you lose that with your putter it's hard to get back so it's time for the 2 ball to be replaced. I also want to go back to a blade and on paper YES looks good.

Hux
10th May 2009, 11:23 AM
The vagaries of putting.
I went from a Ping Pal to a 2 Ball to a Rife Aussie blade back to the 2 Ball all in standard plumbers neck styles then the good old Pro Shop brought up a Scotty Red X in a centre shaft which I thought would be as good a thing as any and then found that things seemed even better if I went to a Jumbo sized grip.

Couple with a trip south where I was playing on bent grass green and my confidence and IMHO stroke improved to now where yesterday my putting was the only saving grace in an ordinary round with no 3 putts (first time ever) for a total of 30 putts.

Putting seems to be a combination of stroke, finding a putter whose alignment suits your eye and stance, practice (like all golf) and actually being able to read a green.

But IMHO above all its confidence that allows you to stand over the ball and think you have a better than average chance of getting it somewhere near the hole that allows your stroke to function.

So Yes! may be the answer but sometimes you might need to break the mould in your putter and try something quite different to normal to get one that works.

chappy1970
10th May 2009, 12:10 PM
Moved from an Anser style player for as long as I can remember to a mallet style user (YES Victoria II). I have had some great results with this putter and haven't looked back, although the Anser 2 is still in the closet if needed.

I like the heavier head and recently put a Jumbo grip on it that I traded with Stoney.

Great setup for mine.

adlo
10th May 2009, 02:21 PM
A WA ozgolfer might be offloading a Yes! very shortly, I can ask him again. I think it is a Callie though.

AlexMc
10th May 2009, 02:41 PM
I have a Callie-F I'll offload for the right price as well too...

Baz
10th May 2009, 03:18 PM
I had a Yes Natalie, they are great putters. In a rush of blood I swapped it for Tom Wishon putter; which I like. I also have a 09 muzuno Bentinardi which I haven't used. I agree, if you have lost confidence with a putter it doesn't hurt to try another. It's all just a game.

DracZ
10th May 2009, 03:35 PM
Baz : Wouldn't happen to be from the Black Carbon series would it?

rebjon
10th May 2009, 11:52 PM
A WA ozgolfer might be offloading a Yes! very shortly, I can ask him again. I think it is a Callie though.

I have a Yes Callie for sale good condition only thing is it has a custom white alignment dot on the top line.

Purchased 8 months ago for $299 will offload for $100 plus shipping....

adzrienn
11th May 2009, 12:07 AM
i have a taylor made monza rossa putter. bought it for 290 you can have it for 100