PDA

View Full Version : Pre Wedding stuff.

Grunt
9th May 2009, 11:28 AM
Seeing Pete & shazza are getting hitched today. What did the rest of you do in the hours before your weddings?

As Rachelle & I sort of eloped to Maui we only had the 2 of us to worry about, it was pretty relaxed.
As Rachelle had to get her hair & make up done I went and had a game of golf on Kapalua, (raised the bat), then just relaxed on the balcony of our unit looking out towards the Pacific enjoying a beer. I think I did not suit up until around 15 minute before the limo picked us up.

Was a great day.

AndyP
9th May 2009, 11:35 AM
I did some pre-wedding video bullshit, which was kicking the footy for the camera. That can't have taken too long, but I'm buggered if I can remember what else I did, except go to the venue and stress.

PeteyD
9th May 2009, 11:43 AM
Stress a bit, get ready, get to the garden to make sure it was all sorted out. Waiting around for the bride. Usual crap.

Dazza
9th May 2009, 11:56 AM
The night before our wedding I had an early night. The few nights leading up to that were huge. Just had a great time catching up with everyone. Plenty of rum consumed! :D
Ended up coming down with the flu on the big day. Had 2 Codral & a rum can before the ceremony. Didn't really improve much, ended up heading off to our accommodation at about Midnight.

Minor_Threat
9th May 2009, 12:47 PM
Had the boys over for a BBQ..

Talked shit and drank heaps!

LarryLong
9th May 2009, 02:01 PM
I planned on a hit of golf with my best mates. Heavy rain all morning put a stop to that idea, so we went and had a hit of indoor tennis instead. 5 minutes to throw the suits on, and off to the church.

More recently, I was in the wedding party for a mate, and we had to wait around all morning for the photographer and the video guy to come and record us getting changed for posterity. Video cameras have ruined weddings.

Courty
9th May 2009, 02:20 PM
I got up quite early (still pissed) and went to Mum & Dad's place for photos & video commitments. Later on myself & the groomsmen checked in to the hotel and went for lunch in the city. That only left an hour to get dressed and get to the ceremony venue.

razaar
9th May 2009, 05:22 PM
As I was staying with my wife's folks at Cairns, spent the previous night and that day with the worst man and mates being a good boy.:shock:

Moe Norman
9th May 2009, 07:14 PM
Day before, golf then BBQ with mates and late night poker game.

Morning, more golf, then an ad hoc net session, then off to the venue for beers and last minute checking of a few things for the reception.

3oneday
9th May 2009, 07:28 PM
Can't remember.

markTHEblake
9th May 2009, 08:12 PM
woke up got dressed and married by about 10am, crazy indonesians.

no wonder they dont have bucks parties, the groom wouldnt get home in time.

23Rounder
9th May 2009, 08:51 PM
I played nine holes with my dad and brother. It made for a good morning... it would have been great if we had time to squeeze 18 in

sms316
9th May 2009, 09:08 PM
#1 - drank a skin-full of Crownies with the groomsmen.

#2 - did a NZ elope job. Had a pre 9.30am wedding coffee with the bride.

Fishman Dan
10th May 2009, 11:59 AM
Had the groomsmen with me at the Father in laws house. Played 9 in Kyogle, stared at a bowl of pasta (wasn't nervous - just not hungry!) made specially by the brides grandmother, and waited for the Chevvy to come and get us.