PDA

View Full Version : Fairway Wood Dilemma

Pinglauncher
8th May 2009, 05:33 PM
Finally got back to some lessons and the swing is starting to feel like it was 18 mths ago before the elbow injury :D

Working last night on driver and fairway wood and the consensus seemed to be I have made a good reshaft decision putting the Diamana (for Titleist) in the 12* G5 head. The Burner 5 wood did not get the same "thumbs up" though.

The Pro feels the shaft is too light for me and he would prefer to see something a touch heavier than the driver shaft and a similar spec.

I guess a regular Diamana 73 pull would be ideal but don't have one of those :cry: nor do I have a head to put it in.

My preference is for a 4 - 5 wood that is 17 - 18 * neutral face (would prefer a touch open to being closed) that launches high. Still need a bit of forgiveness as well.

Is there anything that matches up to all of the above 8)

squishy
8th May 2009, 06:35 PM
taylormade burner 17.5 would be ideal and i think they have a 75 gram shaft in them

razaar
8th May 2009, 06:45 PM
Have you considered putting an untipped X-stiff driver shaft in it, butt tipped only to length. A check on a frequency machine between this arrangement and your driver allowing for the difference in CPM's between the clubs, should give you a heavier shaft at a suitable flex.